Windows 10: Factory Reset Windows 10 Computer after selling.

Discus and support Factory Reset Windows 10 Computer after selling. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have sold my computer, but have forgotten to fully reset it as I was rushing. Is there any way to do this as you would a phone?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HanaSpero, Dec 4, 2018.

1. HanaSpero Win User

Factory Reset Windows 10 Computer after selling.

I have sold my computer, but have forgotten to fully reset it as I was rushing. Is there any way to do this as you would a phone?

:)

HanaSpero, Dec 4, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Reset to factory settings

No I love Windows 10.....but my computer was acting strange so I thought I would do a factory reset and put Windows 10 back onto my computer.

If I do create a bootable Windows 10 would I lose the recover drive information that comes with the computer?

Could you give me the steps to create a bootable of Windows 10.....I asked HP if there was anyway I could get Windows 10 put on it while they had it and they said no.

Thank you.

jeanniespc, Dec 4, 2018
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Factory Reset Windows 10 Computer after selling. - Similar Threads - Factory Reset Computer

2. Computer not working right after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not working right after factory reset.: Hi, I factory reseted my computer. After the reset my internet is not working properly. It's very slow, I can't . I tried to diagnostic the problem but it wrote the website www.microsoft.com is online but does not respond to connection attempts. When I tried to install the...
  3. Computer not working right after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not working right after factory reset.: Hi, I factory reseted my computer. After the reset my internet is not working properly. It's very slow, I can't . I tried to diagnostic the problem but it wrote the website www.microsoft.com is online but does not respond to connection attempts. When I tried to install the...
  4. Computer running differently after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer running differently after Factory Reset: Recently I was forced to preform a factory reset on my laptop after a blue screen error involving a Windows 10 update. Fortunately I was able to salvage all of my personal files but now my laptop doesn't run as smoothly as it did prior to the reset. Applications I've had to...
  5. Resetting a Windows 10 computer to sell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting a Windows 10 computer to sell: I have a Win10 computer that I'd like to sell. I've done the complete reset - twice to take it back as if it were new out of the box. Some people say that doing so isn't really secure and someone could still get stuff off the hard drive. In the past I've used WipeDrive to...
  6. Computer won't start up after Windows 10 factory reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer won't start up after Windows 10 factory reset: We just got an almost never used Presario CQ56 from a guy for doing some housework. I noticed it had some malware on it so I factory reset it. It got done factory resetting and it just went black. I held down the power button and it didn't do anything. What should I do?...
  7. Can't use computer after factory reset

Can't use computer after factory reset: After my mom corrupted the hard drive of my computer I had to factory reset(I've done both limited and full multiple times to try and fix the issues) my laptop. Since then I can't use it. I can't open apps(including edge, the store, and almost all other settings and Microsoft...
  8. Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset

Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset: So I factory reset my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 because I want to give it as a gift to my younger brother. Now its stuck on a loop of restarting. It starts when i get to this screen [IMG]after I click next it goes to this[IMG]which causes it to go to a loadin page that says just...
  9. Computer will not boot after performing a factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not boot after performing a factory reset.: Hello: Just recently I performed a factory reset to a family member's computer. After it shut down to boot back once on the computer would give message more or less like: "Your computer shut down unexpectedly, press ok to restart your computer". -pressed ok- the story...
  10. Resetting computer to factory defaults with Windows 10

Resetting computer to factory defaults with Windows 10: My computer came with no disks. It is so slow and wont let me do what I need to do and I want to reset it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/resetting-computer-to-factory-defaults-with/97b156be-ae08-4bf4-a744-a3cd0ec43e93