Windows 10: Factory Reset windows, keep Ubuntu

Discus and support Factory Reset windows, keep Ubuntu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I factory reset windows and remove all windows data but keep Ubuntu and data in Ubuntu directory ? Sachin.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SACHINVAIDYA1, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Factory Reset windows, keep Ubuntu

How do I factory reset windows and remove all windows data but keep Ubuntu and data in Ubuntu directory ?

Sachin.

:)

SACHINVAIDYA1, Dec 6, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Dec 6, 2019
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Factory Reset windows, keep Ubuntu

Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Factory Reset windows, keep Ubuntu

1. Factory Reset windows, keep Ubuntu - Similar Threads - Factory Reset keep

2. windows factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows factory reset: Hi. I have been trying to factory reset my computer to try and start fresh, but every time I try to factory reset it dosnt work, nor can I update the computer.I have tried sfc /scan now, and it worked but changed nothing it now just says it has no problems while I still can't...
  3. windows factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows factory reset: Hi. I have been trying to factory reset my computer to try and start fresh, but every time I try to factory reset it dosnt work, nor can I update the computer.I have tried sfc /scan now, and it worked but changed nothing it now just says it has no problems while I still can't...
  4. Will a factory reset keep all factory software/apps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will a factory reset keep all factory software/apps?: I'm planning to factory reset my laptop. The apps that came with Windows when I bought the laptop were all important. So, if I factory reset my laptop, will it keep the factory software and apps that came with my laptop or will it wipe all of them?...
  5. Windows factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows factory reset: So, I just started a factory reset on my laptop, and I chose the “Fully Clean Drives” option. And after it reached 100%, I’m now currently on a black screen. And its been 2 hours, so im not sure if this is normal or not. I can still move the cursor, but thats it....
  6. Stuck at 64% factory reset keeps restarting

Stuck at 64% factory reset keeps restarting: Hows it going i have hp pavilion intel i5 with geforce 1050ti graphics this computer has been awesome up until now i was planning on selling the computer so i wanted to factory restore the computer for the next person everything was going fine until i got to installing...
  7. Factory reset keeps failing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset keeps failing: So I wanted to reset my computer and used the reset option on Windows around 40 it's stops and says: there was a problem resettig your PC, no changes were made. tried 2 more but got the same message every time So I ended up just doing a clean install with a USB which work....
  8. Windows keeps resetting to factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keeps resetting to factory settings: Windows updated several weeks ago and since then it has reset the desktop to factory setting 4-5 times. All shortcuts are gone, background personalization is lost, ShareFile and Dropbox have to be reconfigured, items added to Quick Access have to be re-added, my desire for...
  9. Resetting WIndows (factory reset)

Resetting WIndows (factory reset): Hey, I own an Asus Ux461UA and recently my onedrive wasn't syncing and stuff and all the solutions did not work out so I was planning to reset. However, when I tried to reset through settings, it came up with "There was a problem resetting you PC. No changes were made." Then...
  10. Factory reset vs reset keeping files

Factory reset vs reset keeping files: I'm going to reset my PC because I have corrupt audio drivers. Will the bootup times be the same if I chose to reset with my files instead of a factory reset? Will I remove potential viruses and such? What i'm trying to ask is what advantages do I get when factory reseting....