Windows 10: factory reset

Discus and support factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried to factory reset my laptop and it keeps telling me I have to free up 4 gb of space to do so,was just wondering why that is when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ashleighnewton, May 29, 2019.

1. factory reset

I have tried to factory reset my laptop and it keeps telling me I have to free up 4 gb of space to do so,was just wondering why that is when the purpose is to clear up all my space.

:)

ashleighnewton, May 29, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 29, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, May 29, 2019
  4. factory reset

Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], May 29, 2019
Thema:

factory reset

1. factory reset - Similar Threads - factory reset

2. Slow boot time factory reset & windows reinstallation failed to fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow boot time factory reset & windows reinstallation failed to fix: Hi everyone, Overnight, my Asus GL552VW started to get stuck on the manufacturer’s logo for about 90 seconds before moving on normally. Before that booting process took about 15 seconds SSD. In safe mode, the boot time is back to normal. However, when I start with a clean...
  3. I factory reset my computer and now it won’t work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I factory reset my computer and now it won’t work.: After factory resetting to fix an issue with my laptop connecting to the internet, it got stuck at 64% and the screen keeps flashing on and off. It’s been like this over 24 hours. How can I fix this?...
  4. Factory Reset Minecraft Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset Minecraft Problems: Backed up my computer to an external hard drive before doing a factory reset on my computer in hope to solve some technical issues.Also did a secondary back up of only my Minecraft main world to a memory stick just in case.Order of what I have done:Copied the data from the...
  5. Two Language Options after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two Language Options after Factory Reset: Hello.I am going to donate my old laptop with Windows 10.So, I chose the option Reset this PC – Remove everything – Local Reinstall. In Reset settings, I chose “Clean the Drive” and “Delete all files from all drives.”After completing the procedure, Windows displays the blue...
  6. Mouse and Keyboard not working after factory reset in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard not working after factory reset in Windows 10: So, I have this Dell PC which I haven't used for a while. I decided to reset it so I can make it new again. Everything worked out fine until the ''Let's select your region, is this right?'' setup page. My mouse and keyboard weren't working!. I searched up the issue, but sadly...
  7. Factory Reset PC Tower Help

Factory Reset PC Tower Help: I have an HP gaming tower that I like to use for most things; it serves me well. Connected to it is an Acer monitor that has great graphics but displays “Input Not Supported” when the computer restarts. After a few minutes, the screen will eventually connect and send me into...
  8. My Windows 10 PC Won't Factory Reset

My Windows 10 PC Won't Factory Reset: Hi. So, as the title suggests, my PC refuses to factory reset. I've tried pretty much everything. Clean Boot, sfc scannow, and the Windows 10 installation media tool just gave me the message "There was a problem Running This Tool." Error Code: 0x80070570 - 0x90002I've been...
  9. Internet slows down massively when playing games after cloud factory reseting

Internet slows down massively when playing games after cloud factory reseting: Hello, I'm Aritz.I recently noticed that my internet slows down massively when playing games, such as Rocket League. From having 150mbps - 200mbps when browsing or watching youtube, I only have 0.20 or less mbps when gaming. Already tried putting some commands in command...
  10. Wi-Fi slow on startup after factory reset, I have chat history from microsoft support

Wi-Fi slow on startup after factory reset, I have chat history from microsoft support: Hello. My problem is what the title says. When I login and start an app, that app takes 4-5 minutes to connect to the internet and display content, after that everything runs smoothly, but closing the app brings back the problem. every app has to go through the process of...