Windows 10: Factory reset

Discus and support Factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Will a factory reset clean my computer of any damaging changes by a scammer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MargaretWalter_943, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Factory reset

Will a factory reset clean my computer of any damaging changes by a scammer?

:)

MargaretWalter_943, Jun 12, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 12, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Factory reset

Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Factory reset

1. Factory reset - Similar Threads - Factory reset

2. Windows 10 Factory Reseting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Factory Reseting: I am currently trying to factory reset my windows 10 pc. When I go to factory reset or as i will call it fr i go and do it through Update & Security > Recovery > Reset This Pc. I then try to clear all of the files on my pc and an error pops up saying that i dont have windows...
  3. how to reset computer to factory defaults

how to reset computer to factory defaults: I inherited my sister's computer. I would like to start fresh and reset to factory defaults. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-computer-to-factory-defaults/ce82e6cc-8d6b-4fee-b70e-0f6107db0aee
  4. Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset

Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset: Product: Pavillion 550-103na Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) So after having an absolute nightmare not being allowed to factory reset, I finally managed to get it to do it by selecting only drives with Windows installed instead of all drives. It seemed to...
  5. Factory REset

Factory REset: how do I reset my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset/66e86112-e148-4c79-9f16-835265393327
  6. I can't factory reset my laptop... Or even Fresh Start

I can't factory reset my laptop... Or even Fresh Start: For some reason it keeps saying "No changes were made." How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-factory-reset-my-laptop-or-even-fresh-start/e8cfdead-e4b7-45f0-8a68-ebd60f02bb82
  7. After factory reset, my Dell Windows 10 computer now has a sign on option for OTHER USER...

After factory reset, my Dell Windows 10 computer now has a sign on option for OTHER USER...: After doing a factory reset, my computer turns on and Im asked for a USER NAME and PASSWORD for "Other User". There is no other user and I cannot log on at all. I tried to use other options by using my microsoft email and password and the computer says that information is...
  8. Asus factory reset w10

Asus factory reset w10: I used method 2 on factory reset Shift, restart,troubleshoot,reset pc,remove eveything, recovermy files ,rsset .. and now my asus x555d is stuck on loading (circle). The only function that works is F2. Please help....
  9. Version 1903 for Windows 10 persists after factory reset

Version 1903 for Windows 10 persists after factory reset: Is this a common thing? Windows 10 updated to 1903 before I did a full hard drive cleaning and reinstalled windows, and when it was reinstalled, version 1903 was still there, which doesn't seem right to me. I did another full factory reset/hard drive cleaning because I...
  10. Factory reset windows won’t update saying I have no internet does not update but I have...

Factory reset windows won’t update saying I have no internet does not update but I have...: Factory reset my alienware x51r3 and when it gets to windows rhe part where it says time zone it says i have no internet (which i do) and it keeps reloading and reloading...