Windows 10: Factory Reset

Discus and support Factory Reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had some issues with my HP desktop with Windows 10 and needed to restore it to factory settings. During the recovery process it allowed me to do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TimD1965, Jul 23, 2019.

1. TimD1965 Win User

Factory Reset

I had some issues with my HP desktop with Windows 10 and needed to restore it to factory settings. During the recovery process it allowed me to do a backup and I have my files in wim Archive format. I am hoping to recover all of my files but when doing the factory reset, it took me back to Windows 7. I received the Windows 10 update a few years ago automatically one day when my system was updating. I am trying to get the updates but the versions of IE is too old to connect to anything and fails. I downloaded Chrome which seems to work but don't know how to get back to Windows 10. I am hearing that the backup files (wim Archive) are in Windows 10 format and will not work on the Windows 7 OS that is now there after the factory reset. Please let me know if anyone has ideas on how to get this back. Thank you.

:)

TimD1965, Jul 23, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 23, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Factory Reset

Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Factory Reset

1. Factory Reset - Similar Threads - Factory Reset

2. Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?: Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reseting-my-pc-to-factory-settings-affect-a/a5c4a925-fc91-4481-8aec-eb1a3dc4695b
  3. Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?: Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reseting-my-pc-to-factory-settings-affect-a/a5c4a925-fc91-4481-8aec-eb1a3dc4695b
  4. Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset: Hi there. Four days ago, running a Full Scan, Windows Defender caught a trojan, Script/Wacatac.H!ml, which was apparently hanging out in Mozilla/Firefox. But then the Security "Protection History" said "Remediation Incomplete" and listed four folders of...
  5. Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset

Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset: Hi there. Four days ago, running a Full Scan, Windows Defender caught a trojan, Script/Wacatac.H!ml, which was apparently hanging out in Mozilla/Firefox. But then the Security "Protection History" said "Remediation Incomplete" and listed four folders of...
  6. Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Factory resetting prevents pairing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory resetting prevents pairing?: I've factory reset my PC new PC because there were some issues with finding my DNS server. Just for a new problem to arise. My mouse now can't pair with the computer and is marked as an unknown device. I think that it could be because it was still paired during the reset....
  8. Factory resetting prevents pairing?

Factory resetting prevents pairing?: I've factory reset my PC new PC because there were some issues with finding my DNS server. Just for a new problem to arise. My mouse now can't pair with the computer and is marked as an unknown device. I think that it could be because it was still paired during the reset....
  9. Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?: I've lost a lot of performance recently and before upgrading my pc, I want to factory reset it and hopefully get rid of something that may be causing the loss in performance. But I've been scared to do so since I do not know where or if I even wrote down my Windows activation...
  10. Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?

Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?: I've lost a lot of performance recently and before upgrading my pc, I want to factory reset it and hopefully get rid of something that may be causing the loss in performance. But I've been scared to do so since I do not know where or if I even wrote down my Windows activation...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my asus phone was factory reset old password needed