Windows 10: factory reset

Discus and support factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to know if my computer will go back to windows 8 (that is what it was when I bought it) after I do a factory reset and if it does, how do I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eliotrimino, Nov 8, 2019.

1. factory reset

I want to know if my computer will go back to windows 8 (that is what it was when I bought it) after I do a factory reset and if it does, how do I do it?

:)

eliotrimino, Nov 8, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Nov 8, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Nov 8, 2019
  4. factory reset

Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

factory reset

1. factory reset - Similar Threads - factory reset

2. Factory reset Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory reset Outlook: Asking for a friend. Seriously. I'm not that dumb. She had a problem with an application after a windows update & decided to solve the problem by doing a factory reset (windows 10), chose keep my files which saves data files. She didn't realize that emails are not data files...
  3. Will I need to reactivate Windows 10 after a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will I need to reactivate Windows 10 after a factory reset?: I am using a Windows 10 hard drive on a machine which it was not originally plugged into. I have activated Windows 10 on this new machine, but I now need to perform a factory reset of Windows 10 using this method. Will I need to reactivate Windows 10, or will Windows...
  4. Will I need to reactivate Windows 10 after a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will I need to reactivate Windows 10 after a factory reset?: I am using a Windows 10 hard drive on a machine which it was not originally plugged into. I have activated Windows 10 on this new machine, but I now need to perform a factory reset of Windows 10 using this method. Will I need to reactivate Windows 10, or will Windows...
  5. Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset: Hi, I am trying to factory reset my sisters laptop. I have tried downloading a link thing to a usb and putting the usb into the laptop im trying to reset but it wont work. I cant find any videos on youtube or any information on how to do it. I think her laptop is a levovo...
  6. How long to factory reset a laptop with a 512 SSD ?

How long to factory reset a laptop with a 512 SSD ?: Approximately. Thank you. submitted by /u/babygorilla90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dwy8f9/how_long_to_factory_reset_a_laptop_with_a_512_ssd/
  7. Can't do a factory reset.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't do a factory reset.: Title says it all, I want to do a factory reset and it keeps telling me that an error as occured after restarting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-do-a-factory-reset/40613141-f46c-4ba7-a9f9-d1e9bbdc4f71
  8. Is Windows 10 factory reset after buying a computer a security risk?

Is Windows 10 factory reset after buying a computer a security risk?: I am about to buy a used pc with installed Windows. Is it a security risk to just do a factory reset from the windows 10 settings or should I rather format the ssd and reinstall Windows from a usb drive or something? Is it possible for a malicious seller to tamper the...
  9. My Windows 10 Computer won't factory reset

My Windows 10 Computer won't factory reset: I have tried everything to clean sweep my computer but I can not figure it out. Whenever I try to reset it says undoing changes and then says there was a problem resetting your pc, no changes were made. If anybody knows how to fix this please respond....
  10. I'm trying to reset my hp stream to factory settings and it is telling me (additional free...

I'm trying to reset my hp stream to factory settings and it is telling me (additional free...: I'm trying to reset my hp stream laptop back to factory settings and it's telling me I need (additional free space is needed) I have tried just about everything...