Windows 10: Factory reset

Discus and support Factory reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The other day i opened my conputer and it was running really really slow and my antivirus wasn’t working so i thought i was a virus because i had just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JacobAndersonT1, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Factory reset

The other day i opened my conputer and it was running really really slow and my antivirus wasn’t working so i thought i was a virus because i had just dowloaded a game.

so i decide to factory reset my computer and everything is going normal i leave my computer alone. But when i come back it keeps showing a blank screen then the HP symbol and then the little circle pops up once it loads for about 3 seconds and the loading pauses then another blank screen pops up and then it repeats the same thing

and it hasn’t stop for a bout a hour i’ve tried turning it on and off clicking F2, ctrl alt delete, but nothing has worked

:)

JacobAndersonT1, Dec 1, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 1, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Factory reset

Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Factory reset

1. Factory reset - Similar Threads - Factory reset

2. Factory reset kept personalization settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset kept personalization settings: Hey, I recently factory reset my windows 10 pc because i had some trouble with malware in the past and was having several problems that I couldn't find anything about since. I figured that there was some damage to my os the malware caused, and resetting was the most definite...
  3. windows 10 won't activate after factory reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 won't activate after factory reset: I have a dell laptop, that came from dell with windows 7. Years ago I did the free upgrade to windows 10 when Microsoft was offering that. I was wanting to repurpose the laptop, so I did a factory reset, which got me back to a clean install of windows 10. But now it says...
  4. Will Factory reset, fix what a spoofer did?

Will Factory reset, fix what a spoofer did?: so i used a spoofer not knowing what i did, and i have the activate windows there and its bugging me, so Will Factory reset, fix what the spoofer did? submitted by /u/Chomper224 [link] [comments]...
  5. Cannot factory reset laptop

Cannot factory reset laptop: Laptop has been stuck on the Blue Screen of Death-Automatic Repair loop for almost a day. I cannot boot normally,, or into Safe mode. I can get into BIOS and the WinRE menus. Automatic repair does not work. Despite having them, I apparently have no recovery points. I can't...
  6. Factory resetting my windows but I need some help

Factory resetting my windows but I need some help: So I'm not an expert on this kind of stuff at all, and don't ask why but I'm completely resetting my pc. I'm just wondering, from doing the method that cleans my drive completely and erases all my data, I'm pretty sure I have to download my driver's again right? My pc is...
  7. I factory reset my laptop and there is an administrator account present that I can’t log into.

I factory reset my laptop and there is an administrator account present that I can’t log into.: My laptop wasn’t working properly so after a while of trouble shooting I decided I should factory reset it to hopefully fix it. It when through the whole process fine until the end. I got a pop up box saying that windows could not be installed and I needed to restart the...
  8. Windows key vanishes after factory resetting my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows key vanishes after factory resetting my computer.: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hi. A couple of months ago I went to go fix my computer because It kept shutting off with the blue screen of death. After a week I got it back but it got factory reset. The computer seemed fine at first, then I kept getting this message: [ATTACH]...
  9. I factory reset my pc, now it wont work

I factory reset my pc, now it wont work: Today i had to move some files from my ssd to my hard-drive. Very stupid idea.. i then moved my program files and my program files x 86 to my D: drive. Right after that i decided to play a game but it didnt work, saying that it had to be repaired After giving up i factory...
  10. Looping while trying a factory reset on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looping while trying a factory reset on windows 10: Hi while doing a factory reset on lenovo ideapad with an EMMC 64G running windows 10 there was a power outage now the computer is just looping on the lenovo logo. Can I get the laptop to continue the reset?...