Windows 10: Factory reset

Discus and support Factory reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I was having an issue with my computer where when I signed it it said unable to sign into account and would ask me to sign out and back in the fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LOLAIGBINOBA, May 11, 2021.

1. Factory reset

So I was having an issue with my computer where when I signed it it said unable to sign into account and would ask me to sign out and back in the fix it but nothing was working I looked at so many YouTube videos and decided to do a whole factory reset and just remove everything and start fresh but after pressing the factory reset button my computer has just been turning on and off non stop for hours and I’m not sure what to do it’s the computer I use for college stuff so I’m very worried does anyone know if this is normal should I turn it off ?

:)

LOLAIGBINOBA, May 11, 2021
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 11, 2021
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, May 11, 2021
  4. Factory reset

Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], May 11, 2021
Thema:

Factory reset

1. Factory reset - Similar Threads - Factory reset

2. Windows fails to start after full factory reset failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows fails to start after full factory reset failed: I tried to reset my Windows 10 pc but full factory reset through windows defender but after that, it failed to do its operations and following it stopped starting and taking me to the DesktopI have tried Troubleshoot, Reset etc but none is working...
  3. I factory reset my pc and its saying I don't have the games I bought.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I factory reset my pc and its saying I don't have the games I bought.: Recently, I factory reset my pc, I open Microsoft store to redownload Minecraft logged into the right account And it says I need to pay for it. I have checked my download history, and everything else and it seems Minecraft is nowhere to be seen. Please, help. I'm desperate...
  4. If I Factory Data Reset My laptop Without saving my files will the files in the drives D or...

If I Factory Data Reset My laptop Without saving my files will the files in the drives D or...: Sir I want to Factory Data Reset My laptop If i reset the data without saving files would it delete the files from the drive D or E https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-factory-data-reset-my-laptop-without-saving/0796cede-1020-4a37-bc50-728fbdd698ab
  5. Windows expired post factory reset of the system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows expired post factory reset of the system: I had reset my system few months back and post that it seems my system was running on Windows 10 pro. For three years its been running on Win 10 and after reset it shows me license is expiring and today its expired. I got my system with pre installed Windows 10 and I believe...
  6. Factory Reset and Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset and Files: Quick summary: When factory resetting with the "Keep My Files" setting on, will it delete files outside of the Personal Folders even when they are associated with apps or folders in the Personal Folder?I have reason to believe that something is gumming up how my computer...
  7. Cursor missing after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor missing after Factory Reset: Recently I factory reset my PC, and now my Cursor is gone. I tried contacting Microsoft and HP, there was no solution. I came here to find an answer and put this hint to a rest. Ask me any questions, and I'll try to respond to the best of my ability!...
  8. Does Windows 10 retain after factory reset?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does Windows 10 retain after factory reset?: Hi,I have inbuilt installed windows 10 HOME edition on my Asus laptop. I check and the license was OEM. I want to change some things on my laptop and I need to factory reset it.I have got two questions:1. How to do factory reset?2. Will my windows 10 be on the laptop even...
  9. i need help, i factory reset my computer, and now it is missing a lot of the native apps,...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i need help, i factory reset my computer, and now it is missing a lot of the native apps,...: i need help, i factory reset my computer, and now it is missing a lot of the native apps, for example the appstore is missing, i tried doing it again and it did not change. also i remember accidently turning off my computer using the reset. i wish that i could just return my...
  10. Windows Update Always Fails - Even after a factory reset

Windows Update Always Fails - Even after a factory reset: Hello All,So I've been having issues with Windows 2004, for over a year windows has said it needs to update to the latest version 20H2 and no matter what it always fails.. It will get to 98% and then say "Unable to apply changes... Reverting"... I've run an sfc scan and found...