Windows 10: Factory reset.

Discus and support Factory reset. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I want to factory reset my pc but when I go to settings>Recovery>Get started and hit remove everything it says could not fight the recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by randalllevel, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Factory reset.

So I want to factory reset my pc but when I go to settings>Recovery>Get started and hit remove everything it says could not fight the recovery environment insert your windows installation or recovery media, and restart your PC with the media.

I have the USB media for windows 10 that I used for making the computer.

I insert it and restart the computer and it still says the same thing.

what do I do?

:)

randalllevel, Sep 4, 2018
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 4, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Factory reset.

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Factory reset.

1. Factory reset. - Similar Threads - Factory reset

2. After I reset my Laptop back to factory settings, I lost all the apps like camera, music...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After I reset my Laptop back to factory settings, I lost all the apps like camera, music...: After I reset my Laptop back to factory settings, I lost all the apps like camera, music player, photo viewer, and the windows store as well. How can I get these apps back?...
  3. Windows 10 factory reset error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 factory reset error: How change this folder? Or how clean? My pc is corrupted and windows dosent open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-factory-reset-error/4668873f-6ad4-419a-9fa9-f7b80173b9dc
  4. Can't Factory Reset

Can't Factory Reset: I am trying to factory reset my HP Laptop 15. The reason is that the boot device is not found. Everytime I spam f11 to reset, it doesn't open and goes to the error screen. Is there another way to reset? My laptop doesn't open past the boot device not found error screen....
  5. booted into safe mode and reset to factory settings, stuck in bootup screen.

booted into safe mode and reset to factory settings, stuck in bootup screen.: I booted my computer into safe mode, but i didnt know i needed to have my system password to log in, so in my desperation i went into troubleshoot>restore MSI factory settings, now when i try to start my computer it gives an error message which says; Windows cannot complete...
  6. Factory reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Factory reset: I havent used my computer for years, I cannot log onto the computer with a password, and I do not have access to the verification devices to reset the password. I have tried to restart it but it always says it needs more space to factory reset. I can not do the clean...
  7. if i factory reset my pc will i have the same version of windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    if i factory reset my pc will i have the same version of windows?: Hello! I will reset my pc but i really want to know if i would have the same version of windows. 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-factory-reset-my-pc-will-i-have-the-same/fd670327-6913-4a1d-b91f-a79ccda79dac
  8. Windows factory reset gone wrong

Windows factory reset gone wrong: Hello, My laptop hasnt been working very well the last few days and I was told by some friends to factory reset my device after saving all my wanted files so i proceeded to do so. After the reset got to 74% it stopped moving up and I waited for a couple of hours. I then...
  9. Laptop frozen on 65% factory reset

Laptop frozen on 65% factory reset: Hi there, i been waiting for my laptop to factory reset for about 6 hours but its been frozen on 65% and the dots that are supposed to rotate in a circle have been frozen for about 4 hours now and it won't budge. I'm not sure what I should do I unplugged the charger but I...
  10. My friends windows 10 pc died during a factory reset now its stuck in a reboot loop how can...

My friends windows 10 pc died during a factory reset now its stuck in a reboot loop how can...: Hi so my friend's windows 10 pc was really slow so he decided to factory reset it while it was resetting the pc ran out of battery and died when he charged it and turned it on the pc and now its stuck in a reboot loop what can my friend do?...