Windows 10: Factory resets on windows 10

Discus and support Factory resets on windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, might be a daft question but I bought a PC a couple years ago and I am now selling it, I want to factory reset it but heard it can delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobertAstley, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Factory resets on windows 10

Hello,

might be a daft question but I bought a PC a couple years ago and I am now selling it, I want to factory reset it but heard it can delete windows 10 completely?

when I bought it I got a windows 10 disc and had to put in a key code for it but I wouldn't have thought factory resetting it would leave me with no operating system.

It didn't already come installed with any other version of windows it asked me to sort it when powered on for the first time.

if this doesn't make sense let me know and i'll try my best to explain as i'm not sure if I've missed anything important out.

Thank You

Rob A

:)

RobertAstley, Jun 29, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jun 29, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Factory resets on windows 10

Reset to factory settings

No I love Windows 10.....but my computer was acting strange so I thought I would do a factory reset and put Windows 10 back onto my computer.

If I do create a bootable Windows 10 would I lose the recover drive information that comes with the computer?

Could you give me the steps to create a bootable of Windows 10.....I asked HP if there was anyway I could get Windows 10 put on it while they had it and they said no.

Thank you.

jeanniespc, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Factory resets on windows 10

1. Factory resets on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Factory resets

2. Work computer suddenly did a factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work computer suddenly did a factory reset: I logged into my work computer this morning dell optiplex 7070 that has had issues for years. Everything was fine when I logged in but the computer is really slow so while it booted up I walked away, when I came back to the computer it had started doing a reset without my...
  3. Work computer suddenly did a factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Work computer suddenly did a factory reset: I logged into my work computer this morning dell optiplex 7070 that has had issues for years. Everything was fine when I logged in but the computer is really slow so while it booted up I walked away, when I came back to the computer it had started doing a reset without my...
  4. My Surface keyboard and touch were not working, so I factory reset it. But now it's in a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Surface keyboard and touch were not working, so I factory reset it. But now it's in a...: Window 10 surface pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-keyboard-and-touch-were-not-working-so/6f378398-32b2-493f-88da-bd0aef3c3c2e
  5. My Surface keyboard and touch were not working, so I factory reset it. But now it's in a...

My Surface keyboard and touch were not working, so I factory reset it. But now it's in a...: Window 10 surface pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-keyboard-and-touch-were-not-working-so/6f378398-32b2-493f-88da-bd0aef3c3c2e
  6. My Surface keyboard and touch were not working, so I factory reset it. But now it's in a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. After factory resetting the computer 2 times old files can be recovered using any tools

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After factory resetting the computer 2 times old files can be recovered using any tools: 10 months ago I saved some important files in my computer but after a few days i.e. after four to five days I deleted them. After that I factory reset my computer two to three times. Can it be recovered by any tool or viruses and any recovery software???...
  8. After factory resetting the computer 2 times old files can be recovered using any tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After factory resetting the computer 2 times old files can be recovered using any tools: 10 months ago I saved some important files in my computer but after a few days i.e. after four to five days I deleted them. After that I factory reset my computer two to three times. Can it be recovered by any tool or viruses and any recovery software???...
  9. After factory resetting the computer 2 times old files can be recovered using any tools

10. Pc deactivated windows upon factory reset and I can’t reactivate it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc deactivated windows upon factory reset and I can’t reactivate it: Hello,I recently had to reset my windows 11 pc as the computer suddenly stopped being able to open certain built in apps like the Microsoft store and snipping tool and being unable to open certain file types, I looked online for 2-3 days and tried several fixes, non of which...