Windows 10: Factory resets on windows 10

Discus and support Factory resets on windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, might be a daft question but I bought a PC a couple years ago and I am now selling it, I want to factory reset it but heard it can delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobertAstley, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Factory resets on windows 10

Hello,

might be a daft question but I bought a PC a couple years ago and I am now selling it, I want to factory reset it but heard it can delete windows 10 completely?

when I bought it I got a windows 10 disc and had to put in a key code for it but I wouldn't have thought factory resetting it would leave me with no operating system.

It didn't already come installed with any other version of windows it asked me to sort it when powered on for the first time.

if this doesn't make sense let me know and i'll try my best to explain as i'm not sure if I've missed anything important out.

Thank You

Rob A

:)

RobertAstley, Jun 29, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jun 29, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Factory resets on windows 10

Reset to factory settings

No I love Windows 10.....but my computer was acting strange so I thought I would do a factory reset and put Windows 10 back onto my computer.

If I do create a bootable Windows 10 would I lose the recover drive information that comes with the computer?

Could you give me the steps to create a bootable of Windows 10.....I asked HP if there was anyway I could get Windows 10 put on it while they had it and they said no.

Thank you.

jeanniespc, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Factory resets on windows 10

1. Factory resets on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Factory resets

2. Factory reset frozen at 44%?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset frozen at 44%?: submitted by /u/a-person-on-reddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hodfvn/factory_reset_frozen_at_44/
  3. Hey guys, small question about factory reset and hard drives

Hey guys, small question about factory reset and hard drives: My laptop is running really slow and I wanted to do a reset of my windows. I am someone who often tries out settings and forgets he changed them a day later so I also want to wipe the personalisation. My thinking: i have to built in hard drives: a ssd for my OS and a normal...
  4. Win10 reset versus HP factory reset to wipe the hard drive

Win10 reset versus HP factory reset to wipe the hard drive: I have an HP Win 10 All in One that I want to sell. I did the Win reset (getting rid of all my personal files and apps) and then when it restarted, I went through the steps of setting it up (but not to wi-fi) and then did a complete reset again. My question is - is it enough...
  5. Factory Reset Installation Error: 64% Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset Installation Error: 64% Loop: I was factory reseting my computer and all went well until it went to reinstall Windows 10, it gave me an error, "Your computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an error... click " OK" to restart your computer and restart the installation.", I clicked "OK" only to find...
  6. Factory reset

Factory reset: Hi, I had to reset my notebook Asus TUF Gaming FX504GE into factory settings. But now, when the resetting is completed, the Windows version remained as it was before resetting, as well as the drivers and the problem, which I had sound dropping, stuttering, crackling is still...
  7. Help with factory resetting an Alienware pc

Help with factory resetting an Alienware pc: I have an Alienware aurora r7, and I want to factory reset it and remove the files too. Can I just straight up reset it normally or do I need to backup the Alienware software first? Quick response would be great, thank you! submitted by /u/jellybean00b [link] [comments]...
  8. Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory Reset: Hey guys, I want to know that recently I have completely reset my pc. And after that took about 6 - 9 hours since it was a complete factory reset and after my timer aka the Microsoft Timer or the Clock has been reset and I have fixed it but applications like for example,...
  9. Windows 10 Desktop looks different after I did a factory reset on my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop looks different after I did a factory reset on my PC: After I did a factory reset on my PC today I noticed that some things look different then before I reset my PC. When holding left click on the desktop the "indicator" is now transparent before I reset my PC it was a blue tint. [ATTACH] This is what it looks like now. Also...
  10. C : drive - Free space increases after factory reset windows 10.

C : drive - Free space increases after factory reset windows 10.: Before resetting , free space in c drive 256gb ssd Was 180GB , but after factory reset Free space increases to 190GB , HOW ?? that means i have lost 10GB of data ???...