Windows 10: Factory resetting a windows 10 laptop.

Discus and support Factory resetting a windows 10 laptop. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So my girlfriend's sister gave us this laptop that she had from when she worked at a company that shut down a couple years ago and the laptop is locked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DARK FIRE123456, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Factory resetting a windows 10 laptop.

So my girlfriend's sister gave us this laptop that she had from when she worked at a company that shut down a couple years ago and the laptop is locked through her password and username that she doesn't remember anymore. I've tried to wipe the computer from the start screen but when I do it asks me for the recovery key, and since I can't get into any of the accounts on the computer I can't reset it that way either. Is there any way to get into the accounts on the computer or wipe it completely and start anew?

:)

DARK FIRE123456, Jul 26, 2018

2. HP Laptop Windows 10 reset to factory default

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• How are you trying to reset your pc to factory setting?

As you have a laptop, ensure that the laptop is not running on battery and the power cable is plugged in to the socket.

Let us follow the steps suggested by “Babu V” in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for the related issue:

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”: Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 26, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jul 26, 2018
  4. RCoon Win User

Factory resetting a windows 10 laptop.

Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Factory resetting a windows 10 laptop.

1. Factory resetting a windows 10 laptop. - Similar Threads - Factory resetting laptop

2. Factory reset laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset laptop: So I recently factory reset my laptop. When I try to install the windows 10 update it say "we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes." Cant figure out what is wrong....
  3. Factory reset laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset laptop: So I recently factory reset my laptop. When I try to install the windows 10 update it say "we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes." Cant figure out what is wrong....
  4. Factory reset laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. laptop to factory reset

laptop to factory reset: i want to give my grandson my laptop but dont know how to clear everything and reset to factory settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-to-factory-reset/d90c94a2-c9c8-43d9-bc22-b2c7b7090b6a
  6. Factory Resetting my laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Factory Resetting my laptop?: The main issue is that my Lenovo laptop's speakers no longer work because a pseudo-IT Dude at my high school didn't actually know how to fix it and wound up using up even more space on my drive with who knows what. On top of that installed drivers that don't work. So:...
  7. Factory Reset on my windows 10 hp laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory Reset on my windows 10 hp laptop: I just bought this laptop & in set up I skipped the password I synced my google acct & got locked out need to reset it plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-on-my-windows-10-hp-laptop/3077cda5-d090-4198-99e4-de07c2a4a8c1
  8. Windows 10 factory reset broke my laptop

Windows 10 factory reset broke my laptop: See paragraph 1 for details on how the errors occurred. See paragraph 2 for details on the error itself. I recently bought a new computer and since I no longer had much of a need for my old laptop which was becoming quite slow, and I no longer needed any files on it and...
  9. Windows 10 factory reset broke my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 factory reset broke my laptop: See paragraph 1 for details on how the errors occurred. See paragraph 2 for details on the error itself. I recently bought a new computer and since I no longer had much of a need for my old laptop which was becoming quite slow, and I no longer needed any files on it and...
  10. Dell Laptop / Windows 10 factory reset ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dell Laptop / Windows 10 factory reset ?: I had a relative reset my settings and now many things have changed. I miss the way it was when new. many features do not work anymore. Can someone please help me ? Thank You....