Windows 10: Factory Resetting Not Working

Discus and support Factory Resetting Not Working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I tried to factory reset my MSI laptop I followed all the steps necessary pressing f3 on startup and waiting for the “Choose an Option” bluescreen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndreasJohnson, May 12, 2020.

1. Factory Resetting Not Working

When I tried to factory reset my MSI laptop I followed all the steps necessary pressing f3 on startup and waiting for the “Choose an Option” bluescreen with the “Continue,” “Troubleshoot,” and “Turn off your PC,” options. I would then press “Troubleshoot,” then “Restore MSI factory settings,” Then the recovery system would open and I would click “System Partition Recovery”. But when all was said and done, a little blurb popped up and said “Reagentc.exe set OS image false”. Then it asked me to reboot my computer. So I did that and then the following screens popped up, in order that I uploaded them in. Then when I pressed advanced settings, it would just bring me back to the “Choose an Option” bluescreen. And I chose just about every option out there and it kept saying that there was a problem, but when I shut down my laptop, it would just return to the “Choose an Option” bluescreen. I was hoping someone could help me figure out what is going on. It would be much appreciated!!

Factory Resetting Not Working [​IMG]Factory Resetting Not Working [​IMG]Factory Resetting Not Working [​IMG]

:)

AndreasJohnson, May 12, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 12, 2020
  3. Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], May 12, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Factory Resetting Not Working

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Factory Resetting Not Working

1. Factory Resetting Not Working - Similar Threads - Factory Resetting Working

2. factory reset not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    factory reset not working: I recently reset my pc so I could go back to windows 10 but it wiped my factory applications. So when that was done I performed a factory reset but I didn’t get any of the factory applications the computer came packaged with. I’m using an acer nitro 5 computer. can anyone...
  3. factory reset not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    factory reset not working: I recently reset my pc so I could go back to windows 10 but it wiped my factory applications. So when that was done I performed a factory reset but I didn’t get any of the factory applications the computer came packaged with. I’m using an acer nitro 5 computer. can anyone...
  4. factory reset not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Factory reset not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset not working: So my computer has been not working for the past while and I’ve had no choice but to factory reset it. When I did it says I need to restart but now it’s just stuck doing this and I can’t move my mouse at all either. I don’t want to unplug my pc because I don’t want something...
  6. Factory reset not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset not working: So my computer has been not working for the past while and I’ve had no choice but to factory reset it. When I did it says I need to restart but now it’s just stuck doing this and I can’t move my mouse at all either. I don’t want to unplug my pc because I don’t want something...
  7. Factory reset not working

Factory reset not working: Hello I have an HP EliteBook 840 G1 8gb ram intel i5, I was resetting it and then while resetting it went to 69% and then started undoing changes and went back to the sign in screen, this happened twice so I tried just sign in but then it said the Profile could not be loaded...
  8. Factory reset not working

Factory reset not working: Recently I encountered some very bad problems with my computer after I shut it down during a bluescreen. The problems were unsolveable so I decided to just factory reset my computer. But when I go through the initial steps, my computer restarts with out actually resetting....
  9. Factory reset not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset not working: I get to the recovery screen by pressing f11 on boot and start the complete factory reset recommended if you do not keep your laptop. I need to input a key(bitlocker) and confirm i truly want to wipe everything from the laptop then the reset begins and at somepoint...
  10. Factory reset not working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory reset not working?: Hello, its been about 2 years since I've done a factory reset and my computer was running slow so i thought it was time. I went into the advanced restart, troubleshooting I went through with my full reset on all my drives but when it gets to 3% it goes back to the advanced...