Windows 10: Factory Resetting Windows 10 laptop for over 24 hours

Discus and support Factory Resetting Windows 10 laptop for over 24 hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I have been factory resetting my laptop, but it has taken about 26 hours so far. It has been stuck on 68% for about 14 hours. Everything was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by smithyjohn0101, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Factory Resetting Windows 10 laptop for over 24 hours

Hello!

I have been factory resetting my laptop, but it has taken about 26 hours so far. It has been stuck on 68% for about 14 hours.

Everything was already backed up onto an external drive, so losing files is not an issue as I told windows to clean the drives too.

I assume it shouldn't be taking nearly this long, and was wondering what I should do?

:)

smithyjohn0101, Jul 23, 2020

2. Factory Resetting Windows 10 laptop for over 24 hours

Hello!

I have been factory resetting my laptop, but it has taken about 26 hours so far. It has been stuck on 68% for about 14 hours.

Everything was already backed up onto an external drive, so losing files is not an issue as I told windows to clean the drives too.

I assume it shouldn't be taking nearly this long, and was wondering what I should do?

smithyjohn0101, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10. 12 to 24 hours

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To change the time format from 12 hour to 24 hour in Windows 10.

Follow the steps:

• Navigate to Control panel.
    • In the category view of the control panel, click on the
      ‘Change date, time, or number formats’.
    • Change the short time to HH:mm from the drop down.
    • Press Apply to make the changes.
    • Now your time format will change to 24 hour format.
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Factory Resetting Windows 10 laptop for over 24 hours

Windows 10 Factory Reset Failed

Thank you for your response DaveM121

No, nothing else is connected to my laptop at all. I attempted the factory reset through the command prompt because it would fail (several times) by using the steps you're suggesting. It began the process and I waited at least 4 hours for it to slowly reach
    a higher percentage (it got to more than 80%) and when I looked at the laptop again, there was a failure message.

CynthiaFarlow, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Factory Resetting Windows 10 laptop for over 24 hours

1. Factory Resetting Windows 10 laptop for over 24 hours - Similar Threads - Factory Resetting laptop

2. Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours: The PC in question is an HP 310t, two reformatted 500gb HDD running RAID1. I've already taken all the ram out except for one 4gb stick in the second dimm channel. All other drives that could possibly be interfering have been removed and boot priority has been set to the usb...
  3. Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours: The PC in question is an HP 310t, two reformatted 500gb HDD running RAID1. I've already taken all the ram out except for one 4gb stick in the second dimm channel. All other drives that could possibly be interfering have been removed and boot priority has been set to the usb...
  4. PC reset taking over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reset taking over 24 hours: I am running a PC reset and clean on a dell inspiton laptop, windows 10.. It has been running over 24 hours! Now what. Should I cancel? Screen shows dell logo and spinning circle and keboard lights occasionally fllicker. Not sure what to expect next. thank you, Carolyn...
  5. PC reset taking over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reset taking over 24 hours: I am running a PC reset and clean on a dell inspiton laptop, windows 10.. It has been running over 24 hours! Now what. Should I cancel? Screen shows dell logo and spinning circle and keboard lights occasionally fllicker. Not sure what to expect next. thank you, Carolyn...
  6. PC reset taking over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Factory Reset stuck at 99% for 24 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory Reset stuck at 99% for 24 hours: Hello, yesterday I decided to do a factory reset on my HP OMEN 15 (I'm planning to sell it). Everything was going well (I'm aware that this can last several hours), but then it got stuck at 99%, so I waited until the next day. Now it's around 6pm and it's still stuck on that...
  8. Laptop windows 10 stuck in resetting for almost 24 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop windows 10 stuck in resetting for almost 24 hours: Hello, I have a dell laptop and yesterday I thought it was a good idea to reset it because it was running slow. Everything was going as normal, I started the process and finished the "% bar" but it got stock there, in the brand logo, I left the device on overnight and part of...
  9. Over 24 hours of Wifi Download?

Over 24 hours of Wifi Download?: With the May 2020 update, I am seeing about 300Kb/s of download. This has been going on for over 24 hours. 1. Is this what to expect for the May 2020 update? 2. Would the use of the wifi network block other Internet using software from connectivity? My Firefox cannot reach...
  10. windows 10 update stalled at 90% for over 24 hours

windows 10 update stalled at 90% for over 24 hours: Windows update has stalled on one of my computers. All I see is a spinning wheel and notice that it's updating currently at 90%. It's been at 90% for more than 24 hours now and I can't get to any other screens to try the fixes that are suggested in response to other similar...