Windows 10: Factory resetting windows 10 with bitlocker recovery key

Discus and support Factory resetting windows 10 with bitlocker recovery key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I don't have a code because it says I don't have the BitLocker ON for my laptop, but it's still asking for a code which is impossible. What should I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThanujiRanasinghe, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Factory resetting windows 10 with bitlocker recovery key

I don't have a code because it says I don't have the BitLocker ON for my laptop, but it's still asking for a code which is impossible. What should I do?I tried calling the Microsoft umber but they don't answer and the only option I get is to ask the community.

:)

ThanujiRanasinghe, Jul 14, 2021

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 14, 2021
  3. Can anyone give me the reset recovery key for windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

A quick question before we proceed:

Are you referring to the Recovery key for BitLocker or the key that needed for resetting Windows Phone?

If you are referring to the Reset Key that is needed for Windows Recovery, then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices.
    • Next to the phone you no longer own, click I don't own this phone anymore.
    • Select “I’m ready to remove my phone “check box, note the
      recovery key, and then click Remove. The recovery key will display on the page and will also be emailed to you.
    • When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select “I’ve kept a copy of the recovery key “ check box, and then click Okay.
    • Forward the recovery key email to your phone recipient.
    Your phone is no longer listed on account.microsoft.com/devices, and you can remove Reset Protection during phone setup using recovery key option.

If you are referring to reset key for BitLocker, then I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article.

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 14, 2021
  4. Factory resetting windows 10 with bitlocker recovery key

CORRECT BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY AND FACTORY RESET FAILING TO WORK

Hi Ronald,

The system might be rejecting the incorrect BitLocker recovery key. Check this
    article for tips to find your BitLocker recovery key. If you want to reset your Surface device, I would
    suggest trying the refresh option first. Refreshing your Surface reinstalls Windows and keeps your personal files, settings, apps that came installed on your Surface, and apps that you installed from Microsoft Store. Here are the steps:

1. Follow the instructions on this link to download a recovery image for your Surface device.
    2. Shut down your Surface and plug it in so you don’t run out of power during the refresh.
    3. Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port.
    4. Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the power button. When the Surface logo appears, release the volume-down button.
    5. When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    6. Select Troubleshoot > Refresh your PC, and select the operating system you want to refresh.
    7. On the Refresh your PC screen, select Next >
      Refresh.
    8. Surface restarts and the Surface logo appears during the refresh process (this can take several minutes).

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

Factory resetting windows 10 with bitlocker recovery key

1. Factory resetting windows 10 with bitlocker recovery key - Similar Threads - Factory resetting bitlocker

2. Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen: My computer just came up with the bitlocker recovery screen. After a trip I had come back to find it like this. It's happened before but i just went to the site that it told me it would be on. This time when I tried to go to that site, it shows an melted popsicle with a...
  3. Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen: My computer just came up with the bitlocker recovery screen. After a trip I had come back to find it like this. It's happened before but i just went to the site that it told me it would be on. This time when I tried to go to that site, it shows an melted popsicle with a...
  4. Factory Reset a Computer With Bitlocker No Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset a Computer With Bitlocker No Recovery Key: I am trying to factory reset a computer that has a drive encrypted by Bitlocker and running Windows 11. I have no way to recover the key, so my goal is only to perform a clean install of Windows. If I try running Diskpart clean, the hard drive will no longer appear in...
  5. Factory Reset a Computer With Bitlocker No Recovery Key

Factory Reset a Computer With Bitlocker No Recovery Key: I am trying to factory reset a computer that has a drive encrypted by Bitlocker and running Windows 11. I have no way to recover the key, so my goal is only to perform a clean install of Windows. If I try running Diskpart clean, the hard drive will no longer appear in...
  6. Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset: I have a Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10 laptop I am needing to Factory Reset full wipeAs soon as I turn on the laptop it immediately asks for a Bitlocker Key. This is an inherited laptop, so I don't have the key. I can go to a menu with the option to troubleshoot, which gives me...
  7. Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset

Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset: I have a Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10 laptop I am needing to Factory Reset full wipeAs soon as I turn on the laptop it immediately asks for a Bitlocker Key. This is an inherited laptop, so I don't have the key. I can go to a menu with the option to troubleshoot, which gives me...
  8. Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. correct bitlocker recovery key and factory reset failing to work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    correct bitlocker recovery key and factory reset failing to work: Ive been trying to do a factory image on new dell pc When starting factory restore I enter bitlocker key and it immediately fails. Ive tried 3 times. I scanned hardware an repair software. I dont understand ehy its failing. Thanks...
  10. windows 10 BitLocker key and BitLocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 BitLocker key and BitLocker recovery key: i got a dell laptop, and while it got problem on thrn on, i sent it to repair. after i get it back, i tried to open it but i was asked a BitLocker key or a BitLocker recovery key which i have got no idea about and i have never set anything like this. i am having no idea about...