Windows 10: Factory restore in safe mode

Discus and support Factory restore in safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Unknowingly I did a factory restore in safe mode. And now I am unable to sign in to my computer or get anything to come up as far as Windows 10 goes. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lisa Cutler, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Factory restore in safe mode

Unknowingly I did a factory restore in safe mode. And now I am unable to sign in to my computer or get anything to come up as far as Windows 10 goes. I just get an error message informing me it can’t finish install in safe mode. My command prompt comes up as X:Windows/system 32>. I have a 64 if that matters. Can someone please help me with this? please and thank you.

:)

Lisa Cutler, Oct 24, 2019

2. Safe mode problem

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• By saying that you have a "Safe mode problem," did you mean to say that your computer is stuck in Safe mode or are you unable to boot it to Safe mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve your concern?

If this is caused by recent programs installed on your computer, then we suggest you to run
    System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To run System Restore, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure that you choose the restore point date when your computer was working fine. Please be advised that programs and applications installed on your computer after the restore point will be removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 24, 2019
  4. John Zab Win User

Factory restore in safe mode

Safe mode minimal

Hi,

To help address the issue regarding with restoring Windows from safe mode, kindly give us details on the following:

• Which troubleshooting steps have you tried already?
    • What were you trying to do in safe mode?
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Factory restore in safe mode

1. Factory restore in safe mode - Similar Threads - Factory restore safe

2. Windows 10 Wont factory reset in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Wont factory reset in safe mode.: SO my pc got bsod and boots into safe mode wanting me to sign to proceed to command line when i close it and want to factory reset the pc. it says: an error occurred while performing a factory reset...
  3. Windows 10 Wont factory reset in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Wont factory reset in safe mode.: SO my pc got bsod and boots into safe mode wanting me to sign to proceed to command line when i close it and want to factory reset the pc. it says: an error occurred while performing a factory reset...
  4. Windows 10 Wont factory reset in safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Old restore points still in SAFE MODE?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old restore points still in SAFE MODE?: Hey, so i had reinstalled windows on my laptop and after that the very next day i had to reset it again because of startup error and now my pc is not working properly and i want to go back to my old windowsthe windows before the reinstall i have no restoreofc they were gone...
  6. need to repair/restore Win10 in safe mode

need to repair/restore Win10 in safe mode: My laptop will only boot to safe mode - and I've been able to start it with Network capibility. It doesn't have a CD but I downloaded a copy of Windows to a Thumb Drive. Logging into the Bios F12 Boot Options and F2 - Ive not been able to find out how to change the boot...
  7. I factory reset my pc in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I factory reset my pc in safe mode: So I put my pc into safe mode then restarted it but before logging back in I factory reset my pc and then I get a pop up saying "Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing windows, restart the computer." And I did this by using the command...
  8. Factory Restore

Factory Restore: Im trying to factory restore my computer, it says there isnt enough memory. I've deleted everything that I can find to take off, how can i get past this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-restore/7a475a11-8592-411c-b653-d8fa46dbc555
  9. Factory restore

Factory restore: Hi I live in China and bought a Lenovo computer with Chinese settings. I purchased Windows 10 Pro for English Language settings. I now want to do factory reset which, I presume, will return it to Chinese mode. How do I reinstall Windows 10 Pro? Thank you. David...
  10. System Restore in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore in Safe Mode: Hi all, Okay, this is the first time I ran System Restore and not sure if it worked or not. I had an incompatibility issue with the system and figured I'll revert back to a previous configuration that worked. Using the regular method always gave an error and saying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows safe mode reset to factory