Windows 10: Factory Restored to Win8.1 on Dell, would like to restore my previous upgrade to Win10

Discus and support Factory Restored to Win8.1 on Dell, would like to restore my previous upgrade to Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had opted in on the free Windows 10 upgrade in 2016, upgraded and everything has been fine until my HD developed some bad sectors in my dell and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KBar II, Jan 20, 2019.

1. KBar II Win User

Factory Restored to Win8.1 on Dell, would like to restore my previous upgrade to Win10

I had opted in on the free Windows 10 upgrade in 2016, upgraded and everything has been fine until my HD developed some bad sectors in my dell and I had to do a factory OS restore to get it up and running again. I do have a Windows.old folder in there in case there is some file or registry setting that proves I own a valid copy of the Win10 upgrade. Windows update is complete. Is there a way to tell windows to download and install Win10 upgrade or check to see if I own it based on a Microsoft sign in or otherwise?

:)

KBar II, Jan 20, 2019

2. Win8 OEM upgrade to Win10. What happens if I need to factory reset?

So I have Win8 on my laptop with a factory restore image. If I upgrade to 10, what will happen in the event that I need to factory reset? Win8 will be unlicensed and I won't have Win10 media, yes?

Thanks for the replies, but that's terrible, I canceled my reservation.

CupKateTooLate, Jan 20, 2019
  3. dexec Win User
    Laptop with free Win10 upgrade crashed, restored laptop but it re-installed Win 8 (previous to upgrade). How to get Win10 back?

My HP laptop with free Win10 upgrade crashed, it had Win8 earlier. I restored the laptop from HP recovery tool but it re-installed Win 8 (previous to upgrade). How to get Win10 back?

dexec, Jan 20, 2019
  4. michael Win User

Factory Restored to Win8.1 on Dell, would like to restore my previous upgrade to Win10

Need to send Dell laptop for replacement , how to restore it to factory Setting in Windows 10

Hi Guys,

I have had bought Dell i7 6th Gen 5559 which have some scratches on it, Dell is ready to replace it but I want to restore Laptop to factory Setting just like what it was the moment I Switched it on first time.

(I had seen those scratches right out of box in front of seller with live unboxing but seller was unwilling replace it then but now Dell has asked Seller to replace it and Seller is ready)

-No I have not installed anything on it .
    -Just filled what was asked during initial process like enter names , and register with Dell Site.

Can I restore it easily? Does this require to be done ?

Please advise.

michael, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Factory Restored to Win8.1 on Dell, would like to restore my previous upgrade to Win10 - Similar Threads - Factory Restored Win8

2. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  3. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  4. Inspiron 3668 restoring Win10 to previous state

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inspiron 3668 restoring Win10 to previous state: My computer crashed, so I went through the SupportAssist program, did a backup of the hard drive, and reinstalled Win10. I cannot get SupportAssist to reload the backup information that it created. I have a folder on my HDD with a bunch of .mig files which I have read are...
  5. How can I restore a Win10 laptop which is upgraded from Win8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore a Win10 laptop which is upgraded from Win8: Hi,I have a ASUS ROG laptop which is old but still working.It had Windows 8 as initial OS, then I upgraded it to Windows 10 with Microsoft free upgrade promotion.Yesterday I want to reset it. And it took whole night and stuck somewhere.Now I try to reinstall a windows 10.But...
  6. How can I restore a Win10 laptop which is upgraded from Win8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore a Win10 laptop which is upgraded from Win8: Hi,I have a ASUS ROG laptop which is old but still working.It had Windows 8 as initial OS, then I upgraded it to Windows 10 with Microsoft free upgrade promotion.Yesterday I want to reset it. And it took whole night and stuck somewhere.Now I try to reinstall a windows 10.But...
  7. How can I restore a Win10 laptop which is upgraded from Win8

8. Factory Restore

Factory Restore: Im trying to factory restore my computer, it says there isnt enough memory. I've deleted everything that I can find to take off, how can i get past this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-restore/7a475a11-8592-411c-b653-d8fa46dbc555
  9. Factory restore

Factory restore: Hi I live in China and bought a Lenovo computer with Chinese settings. I purchased Windows 10 Pro for English Language settings. I now want to do factory reset which, I presume, will return it to Chinese mode. How do I reinstall Windows 10 Pro? Thank you. David...
  10. Dell Factory Image Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dell Factory Image Restore: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 but I would like to go back to Win 7. It's past the 30 days and so I can't roll back via Win 10. When I use F8, I see that the Dell Factory Image Restore is no longer an option. However, I do have a recovery drive for Win 7. Has Win 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell how to restore to factory win8