Windows 10: Fail to activate Windows 10 on my new PC build

Discus and support Fail to activate Windows 10 on my new PC build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently obsolete my 7 years old PC and moving to a new build. I do the following as suggested by Microsoft but it is not working to correctly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ivanyiu2, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Ivanyiu2 Win User

Fail to activate Windows 10 on my new PC build

I currently obsolete my 7 years old PC and moving to a new build. I do the following as suggested by Microsoft but it is not working to correctly activate my Windows 10 Pro on my new build.

1. on the old PC, sign in Microsoft Account and get the Windows linked to the account.

2. Clone the boot drive containing the Windows 10 to my new PC.

3. Boot up, sign-out then sign in again with the Microsoft account. Try to activate the Windows but failed.

4. Okay, I manage to get my previous Windows 10 Pro key, try to use "change product key" function, input the product key again, failed.

My copy of Windows 10 is form a retail copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. expected that the license should be transferrable. But nothing work for me.

And the virtual assistant is not helpful, I just want to get a email support contact but it just give me a USA toll free number to call, but I am living in Hong Kong.

What else I can do??????

:)

Ivanyiu2, Apr 13, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 13, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Fail to activate Windows 10 on my new PC build - Similar Threads - Fail activate build

2. windows activation after building new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows activation after building new pc: hi! so yesterday i built a pc and i installed windows prior to having an activation/product key. now, when i go to activation in settings i'm met with an error. "We can't activate Windows on this device as the previous version of Windows was not activated prior to upgrading...
  3. windows activation after building new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation after building new pc: hi! so yesterday i built a pc and i installed windows prior to having an activation/product key. now, when i go to activation in settings i'm met with an error. "We can't activate Windows on this device as the previous version of Windows was not activated prior to upgrading...
  4. windows activation after building new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Build PC - Activating Windows 10

New Build PC - Activating Windows 10: Hello everyone,Wasn't sure how to search for this problem, but I built a new PC yesterday and I purchased a Home OEM edition key online. During the installation, it asked for the key, which I entered, then I put in my Microsoft Account information. Everything seemed fine....
  6. Activating Windows on a New PC Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows on a New PC Build: Hello, I am building a new computer from scratch and will not be reusing any of my old parts. I currently have Windows 10 Home installed on my SSD and it is currently linked to my Microsoft account. Am I able to use my account to activate Windows on my new computer, or is...
  7. Windows 10 Activation after new PC Build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Activation after new PC Build: I just built a new PC and transferred my SSD with Windows 10 to it. I upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7. -On the Settings>Update & Security>Activation tab, it reads that in I have Windows 10 Education. -Error reads "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has...
  8. Built New PC Windows 10 Activation Failed

Built New PC Windows 10 Activation Failed: I recently built a new PC, complete overhaul. I was using my friends PC it came with windows 8.1 Pro, I did the free upgrade to windows 10 pro it was activated as a digital license. When I built this new PC and selected I made a hardware change recently, clicked my device and...
  9. Windows 10 fails to install on new pc build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 fails to install on new pc build: Hello I've just built a new PC for myself. Not a beginner with this - built close to 50 pc's over many years so, here goes.. Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.0GHz RAM: 16 Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 2 x 8Gb CMW16GX4M2C3000C15 Kingston 480Gb SSD...
  10. Windows 10 install fails on new PC build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install fails on new PC build: Hello everyone. Im hoping someone has ideas on how to help me out. Im trying to install Windows 10 via usb. I’ve tried my purchased copy as well as a new copy that i created using Microsoft Media tool. Every time i set the usb to the top of the bios boot list and reboot it...