Windows 10: Fail to boot after Update May 2020 - Inaccessible boot device

Discus and support Fail to boot after Update May 2020 - Inaccessible boot device in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After update in May Windows doesn't start any more. Blue screen with message above. Run any proposed ways of repairing... but didn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RainerJordan, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Fail to boot after Update May 2020 - Inaccessible boot device

After update in May Windows doesn't start any more. Blue screen with message above. Run any proposed ways of repairing... but didn't work.

:)

RainerJordan, Jun 7, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Inaccessible boot device

This is a Microsoft link on inaccessible boot device:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...le-boot-device

It is an intermediate level link.
    There are more advanced steps that can be ran once the partition structure is known.
    There are steps for repair of the boot sector, operating system, etc.
    Sometimes this bugcheck can be caused by windows updates.

A reset save files equivalent may be able to be performed.
    Alternatively a clean install can be performed once important files are backed up.

zbook, Jun 7, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Update to 17063 fails - inaccessible boot device

1) Find a flash drive that you can format ( > or = 8 GB)
    2) Create a bootable windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10
    4) Insert the flash drive into any USB port
    5) Open the BIOS and temporarily change boot order so that you can boot using the flash drive.
    6) When the iso loads choose language, time, currency, and keyboard, or click next
    7) In the left lower corner click "repair your computer"
    8) Click troubleshoot
    9) Click command prompt
    This should open: Administrator: X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources>

For all of the steps please use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread.

10) type: bcdedit | find "osdevice"
    11) This may display osdevice partition=C:
    12) type: diskpart
    13) type: list disk
    14) type: list volume
    15) look under the column heading Fs for any volume that displayed RAW instead of NTFS
    16) type: chkdsk /f /r G: (change G to the drive letter of the volume displaying RAW)
    It may display "The first NTFS boot sector is unreadable or corrupt."
    This may then convert the RAW volume to NTFS.
    17) Type: exit
    18) reboot to open the Windows advanced troubleshooting menu > command prompt > Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources>
    19) type: bootrec /rebuildbcd
    It may display:
    Scanning all disks for Windows installations.
    Please wait, since this may take a while...
    Successfully scanned Windows installations.
    Total identified Windows installations: 1
    [1] D:\Windows
    Add installation to boot list? Yes(Y)/No(N)/ALL(A):
    20) Type: Y
    The operation completed successfully.
    X:\Windows>
    21) Type: exit
    22) reboot
    See if the inaccessible boot device problem was fixed.

If the above did not fix the inaccessible boot device the next step is to remove the recent update:
    23) Open command prompt > Administrator: X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources>
    24) From the first command displaying the partition if the drive letter is different than C: please use the displayed drive letter for the next step
    25) type: DISM /image:G:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions (change G to the applicable drive letter)
    26) This should remove the latest update and fix the inaccessible boot device.
    27) If this does not fix the inaccessible boot device plan a registry repair.

Report into the thread your progress with images of the above steps.

zbook, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Ugo Lopez Win User

Fail to boot after Update May 2020 - Inaccessible boot device

Ugo Lopez, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Fail to boot after Update May 2020 - Inaccessible boot device

1. Fail to boot after Update May 2020 - Inaccessible boot device - Similar Threads - Fail boot Update

2. inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    inaccessible boot device: Hi First sorry for my english.Yesterday i turnee of intel rapid storage from bios ez mode .When i clicked on save and exit i got a messagesome thing about changing rst to achi and change ssd profile tooAfter that system restarted and wont boot i got this message with a blue...
  3. inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    inaccessible boot device: Hi First sorry for my english.Yesterday i turnee of intel rapid storage from bios ez mode .When i clicked on save and exit i got a messagesome thing about changing rst to achi and change ssd profile tooAfter that system restarted and wont boot i got this message with a blue...
  4. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: Hey so I recently ordered an acre aspire 5 labtop from Amazon that was renewed and when I got it the security seal was ripped. Didn’t think much from it until I opened it and started using it for a little bit. I started to notice that the computer was really out of date and...
  5. Inaccessible Boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible Boot device: I went to restart my laptop and it did but then said “ Your device has Run into a problem” and the reason is like Inaccessible boot device and I’ve tried everything but command prompt because it will not accept my password.I even reset it and still it will not work please...
  6. Inaccessible Boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible Boot device: I went to restart my laptop and it did but then said “ Your device has Run into a problem” and the reason is like Inaccessible boot device and I’ve tried everything but command prompt because it will not accept my password.I even reset it and still it will not work please...
  7. Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible boot device: Hello. I need help. I changed the load startup items on ms config, and then it resulted to this error. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device/f490d36e-50dd-43b4-a816-d4746b0b071b
  8. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: I reset my laptop Remove all files and clean the drive and after more than an hour of Resetting this PC it displayed the manufacturer's logo and then the Windows 10 logo with the loading icon beneath it. I thought it was going to restart like brand new but instead it showed a...
  9. Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Support
    Inaccessible boot device: Hi. How can I fix it? I've tried to uninstall latest updates but it gives me error 0x800f082f while uninstalling. Any idea? 147703
  10. Update to 17063 fails - inaccessible boot device

Update to 17063 fails - inaccessible boot device: Having problems updating 17046 to either 17063 and 17074. Update seems to work up until it reboots I then get a GSOD inaccessible boot device, it reboots and the same happens (GSOD). The System then reverts to my old version (17046). Thanks Brian 102279