Windows 10: Fail to boot after update

Discus and support Fail to boot after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, After installing the latest update on my PC and laptop, both of them failed to boot, it shows the blue screen saying SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jiaming Na, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Fail to boot after update

Hello, After installing the latest update on my PC and laptop, both of them failed to boot, it shows the blue screen saying SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. Then I contacted a live agent and the agent, the case number was 1467675304. He asked me to download a Windows 10 installation media to my flash drive and told me to rejoin the link after the installation, but the link he sent me does not work at all. Then I was connected to another agent and she then transferred me to another agent Vanessa (case number 1467677059). So as she asked, I tried several ways to recover my system, but none of them worked. In the end, she suggested the only solution is to reset my laptop. The staffs are friendly. But, here is the thing: after upgrading to the latest version of windows 10 on my PC and laptop, both of them failed to boot. Also, there was no restore point created after this update, so I have to reset my surface laptop 2 which was newly purchased. I am a college student and there are tons of important files in my laptop that going to be lost. This is very unsatisfying and frustrating, and I am not sure whether should I install windows updates any more.

Sincerely,
    Jiaming Na

:)

Jiaming Na, Apr 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 3, 2019
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Fail to boot after update

Windows update failed and unable to boot

Hi Chrissy,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

• Have you made any recent software/hardware changes to the computer?
    • Do you get any error message or code when trying to boot into the computer?
    When installing updates it puts message “Do not shut down your machine”, if you unplug the AC adapter or turn off the computer Chances are:

• Windows resuming the installation process next time you shutdown.
    • A non-vital program file becomes corrupted and causes some feature of the OS to become unusable and crash.
    As an initial step I would suggest you to unplug all external devices if connected and then try to boot the computer by plugging in the AC adapter and check if you are able to boot the computer.

If the computer boots make sure all the updates are installed and then you can login to user Interface.

If you still not able to unable to get the in Windows Bootable environment I Would suggest you contact your manufacturer.

Get back to us if your require more help on this query.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Fail to boot after update

1. Fail to boot after update - Similar Threads - Fail boot update

2. Stuck in boot loop after failed updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in boot loop after failed updates: ASUS GL10 / Windows 11About 4-5 days ago I performed a scheduled Windows Update as well as an ASUS Firmware update. On restart after update, the pc failed to boot and would loop into a blue screen reading there was a crash. I booted into troubleshoot with F12, tried to delete...
  3. Stuck in boot loop after failed updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in boot loop after failed updates: ASUS GL10 / Windows 11About 4-5 days ago I performed a scheduled Windows Update as well as an ASUS Firmware update. On restart after update, the pc failed to boot and would loop into a blue screen reading there was a crash. I booted into troubleshoot with F12, tried to delete...
  4. Laptop will not boot after failed update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop will not boot after failed update.: I'm having a serious issue right now with my laptop. I THINK it tried to install an update which failed while I was away from home and now I'm stuck in a loop. Very frustrating to say the least! So, I turn the laptop on and it attempts to run diagnostics, then gives me an...
  5. Laptop will not boot after failed update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will not boot after failed update.: I'm having a serious issue right now with my laptop. I THINK it tried to install an update which failed while I was away from home and now I'm stuck in a loop. Very frustrating to say the least! So, I turn the laptop on and it attempts to run diagnostics, then gives me an...
  6. Laptop will not boot after failed update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows fails to boot after update

Windows fails to boot after update: Note: Recently I have been having trouble with my computer not being able to update. This had been happening for about a month or two without resolve so I decided to try to trouble shoot it. I cant remember the error code I got, but I found an answer on this site that...
  8. Windows 10 failed to boot after the update

Windows 10 failed to boot after the update: my windows 10 failed to boot after the update I tried windows automatic repair, and its written "press advance options to try other options to repair your PC, or shut down to turn off your PC. Log file: " yes, the log file is empty I have tried several steps with the...
  9. Fail to boot after Update May 2020 - Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fail to boot after Update May 2020 - Inaccessible boot device: After update in May Windows doesn't start any more. Blue screen with message above. Run any proposed ways of repairing... but didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fail-to-boot-after-update-may-2020-inaccessible/f3364a1f-df96-4aab-b71e-ad82f0f38cd3
  10. Failed booting after latest update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed booting after latest update.: I'm stuck, I downloaded a windows 10 ISO file and placed on a USB drive, I can access the option page but none of the trouble shooting solutions work. I would like to avoid reinstalling, wondering if someone with experience could walk me through some options. Thanks for your...