Windows 10: Fail to install update Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 for Windows 10

Discus and support Fail to install update Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Fail to install update Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 for Windows 10 Download size: 59.3 MB. "error 643"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnYoung_832, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Fail to install update Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 for Windows 10

Fail to install update Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 for Windows 10 Download size: 59.3 MB. "error 643"

:)

JohnYoung_832, Nov 11, 2018
  2. PsyB Win User

Fail to install update Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 for Windows 7 (KB4054530)

For me, the following worked.

• Download the offline installer from
      HERE
    • Use 7-zip to extract the installer
    • Execute the MSI from that folder for your architecture
    • If you get a folder location fail (I did) browse to the folder 7-zip extracted to
    • Wait for the installer to finish then check for updates
    *This also seems to have fixed the 2 Quality rollups that were having problems

3. .Net Framework - Windows 7

Thanks for the links, I ran the cleanup utility, got rid of the existing .net installs, reinstalled them all, but am now back to the same issue. The troubleshooting didn't help a lot of windows 7 unfortunately.

I have a feeling this is a side effect of my install of Visual Studio 2010. *Frown Fail to install update Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 for Windows 10 :(

ArmoredCavalry, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Fail to install update Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 for Windows 10

unable to install microsoft .net framework 4 on my windows 10

Hello Dinesh,

There's a possibility that Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is already part of your Windows that's why you are getting the error message
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is already a part of this operating system. You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4
    redistributable. when installing it. To verify if it was already installed, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Type Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Press Enter.
    • Check if you have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. If so, tick the box beside it.
    • Click on OK.

Once completed, kindly provide us with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Fail to install update Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 for Windows 10

1. Fail to install update Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fail install update

2. .NET Framework 3.5 installation failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 3.5 installation failed: So I've been trying to download .NET Framework 3.5 to run other programs, but I keep hitting a wall when it says "The SMI primitive installer failed during installation". Now I've already tried troubling shooting windows update, installing it by opening Windows Features &...
  3. .NET Framework 3.5 installation failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework 3.5 installation failed: So I've been trying to download .NET Framework 3.5 to run other programs, but I keep hitting a wall when it says "The SMI primitive installer failed during installation". Now I've already tried troubling shooting windows update, installing it by opening Windows Features &...
  4. trying to install .net framework 4 but got error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trying to install .net framework 4 but got error: i was installing .net framework 4.i got errorw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-install-net-framework-4-but-got-error/b50fa5e2-b4de-4198-bd1a-55d108638b4b
  5. .NET Framework 4 is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET Framework 4 is corrupted: Okay so I get this error on programs running .NET 4.0.0.0 The error: Could not load file or assembly 'Accesibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. I...
  6. .NET Framework constantly updating and failing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .NET Framework constantly updating and failing: Hi, I have been getting an update on my computer for the past month that has something to do with the .NET framework, but everytime it updates it immediately undo's the updates. I have tried resetting my pc and that hasn't worked. For now I have just paused all updates but I...
  7. .Net framework 4 installation error 0x000013EC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .Net framework 4 installation error 0x000013EC: -Win 10 pro -This happened after win 10 version 1803 update. -Later upgraded to 1809(updated after 1803), no change -No restore point exists. -No more windows updates available. -The system says DotNET is installed when trying to install any available (tried them...
  8. .net framework installation utility v 2

.net framework installation utility v 2: I am using HP Pavillion Core i3 7th generation Machine (b&o). Every now and then cmd pop up appears for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Installation utility Version 2.0.50727.8825 and then disappears. I have taken a screen shot of the same. Please help...
  9. .NET Framework 4+

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework 4+: Hey guys, Just wondering how do I find out what version of .NET Framework i have installed? I have looked in the programs and features, but cannot find anything in there. If its not installed, then how come? This is a new PC and has windows 10 1803 (I will not install...
  10. failed to install NET 3.5 Framework

failed to install NET 3.5 Framework: I have a new Thinkpad X1 Carbon and Windows Pro on it. I need to install NET 3.5. So I go to the control panel and type "Windows Features". It opens a box and I click on "NET Framework 3.5 ... and click also the sub-entries. then OK. a box opens where it wants "Download files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .net framework 4.7.2 fails to install

2. .net framework 4.7.2 install fails

3. .net 4.7.2 fails to install

4. .net 4.7.2 installation error for windows 10,
  5. microsoft.net framework 4.7.2 windows 10,
  6. .net framework 4.7.2 download for windows 10,
  7. net framework 4.7.2 fails to install windows 10,
  8. .net 4.7 does not want to instal windows 10,
  9. cant install .net framework 4.7.2 on windows 10,
  10. why can ti download .net framework 4.7.2,
  11. .net fail installation windows 7,