Windows 10: Fail to telnet after open port 5501

Discus and support Fail to telnet after open port 5501 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I open port 5501 in firewall (Inbound Rules) and try to telnet locally to the port. It show connect failed. Anything else should I consider in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Felix Chew Kok Chee, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Fail to telnet after open port 5501

Hi,

I open port 5501 in firewall (Inbound Rules) and try to telnet locally to the port. It show connect failed.

Anything else should I consider in order to allowed port to enable?

Meanwhile I use netstat -na to check port open (listening) in my Laptop, the result not show in the TCP listening, why?

Thank you.

Felix

:)

Felix Chew Kok Chee, Aug 25, 2018

2. Telnet

C:\Users\administrator.MISD>telnet 192.168.19.5 8194

Connecting To 192.168.19.5...Could not open connection to the host, on port 8194

: Connect failed

How can I resolve this problem

SanwennPicson, Aug 25, 2018
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Fail to telnet after open port 5501

usb port reset fail

Hi Laura,

We would like to know more information regarding the "usb port reset fail" error that you are getting. To verify whether this issue is being caused by the port or the external device, we would like to gather more information:

• What external device are you trying to connect to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the external device to another port or different computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different external device to the port?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Fail to telnet after open port 5501

1. Fail to telnet after open port 5501 - Similar Threads - Fail telnet open

2. Can't set telnet client for telnet links...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set telnet client for telnet links...: If I turn on the telnet feature, it doesn't add the necessary registration keys. If I install a telnet client that is supposed to set the default telnet app, it doesn't. I seem to have the telnet client disabled in the OS. If I click on a telnet link from a browser, nothing...
  3. Telnet works fine but telnet lib does not.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Telnet works fine but telnet lib does not.: I created a virtual router with gns3. I can connect it well with the telnet. It however fails when trying to use the exetnsion for pyhton, telnetlib....
  4. Telnet works fine but telnet lib does not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Telnet works fine but telnet lib does not.: I created a virtual router with gns3. I can connect it well with the telnet. It however fails when trying to use the exetnsion for pyhton, telnetlib....
  5. Telnet works fine but telnet lib does not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed - Telnet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed - Telnet: I'm using Windows, I really need help because I cannot to port 23, all possible way to open the port 23, I still got the same. 1. Even I install the Telnet Client from prog. and features 2. Turn off all anti-virus/malware etc 3. Turn off Firewall 4. I already added port...
  7. Failing to connect to a Telnet host on port 23 via a VPN only when going through router.

Failing to connect to a Telnet host on port 23 via a VPN only when going through router.: I've been going crazy trying to narrow down this issue. So to start, I am trying to connect to a remote server for work. This connection is using a telnet client program on my pcs. One is Windows 10, the other, Windows 7. Both also have a vpn client installed and I am...
  8. Windows 10 IOT Core , telnet on 8081 Could not open connection to the host, on port 8081:...

Windows 10 IOT Core , telnet on 8081 Could not open connection to the host, on port 8081:...: I am trying to telnet 8081 to iMX6 board having windows 10 IOT Core installed, but i am getting the error "Could not open connection to the host, on port 8081: connect failed" When i ping to the iMX6 machine i get a reply, my question is that , is IOT core has specific...
  9. Fail to telnet after open port 5501

Fail to telnet after open port 5501: Hi, I open port 5501 in firewall (Inbound Rules) and try to telnet locally to the port. It show connect failed. Anything else should I consider in order to allowed port to enable? Meanwhile I use netstat -na to check port open (listening) in my Laptop, the result not show...
  10. Telnet

Telnet: Hi All, I just signed up and this is my first post. My question is: since there is no telnet server in Windows 10 that would be the reason I can not Telnet in from my Centos VM Correct? I can Telnet into my CentosVM from my Windows VM but not vice versa, Thank You in...