Windows 10: Fail to update/install wireless adapter driver

Discus and support Fail to update/install wireless adapter driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My wireless adapter suddenly stopped working and I cannot use Internet connection on my laptop (but the wired connection works fine). In Device Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by XG1, Dec 29, 2018.

1. XG1
    XG1 Win User

Fail to update/install wireless adapter driver

My wireless adapter suddenly stopped working and I cannot use Internet connection on my laptop (but the wired connection works fine). In Device Manager the driver for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 seems to have a problem [Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)]. I already tried to uninstall the driver and update through win10 system, but failed. I also tried to use the driver provided by Intel and it didn't work either. I suspect that it has something to do with my previous uninstallation of cisco anyconnect because I also couldn't install expressvpn afterwards. Has anyone encountered this kind of problem before?

Error info during driver installation: This operation returned because the time period expired.

:)

2. J-Man Win User

Wireless adapter installation.

Hey. I just wanna make this short and sweet. All I wanna know is why I can't install/update wireless adapter drivers on Vista 64 bit but it works on 32 bit? On my wireless adapter box, it doesn't say Vista compatible (only XP and 2000) but if 32 bit Vista works, 64 bit should. Because when I do a fresh install of Vista for an example, all I do is update the driver in device manager then I'm on the net but with 64 bit it don't work. And how can I find out the manufacturer of my wireless adapter? Or brand etc. It came in a BT box, a small one. Just says Wireless USB adapter. I dunno if BT has a driver section.

J-Man, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Fail to update/install wireless adapter driver

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - fail to reconnect

Hi

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest Wireless Display drivers available in manufacturer
    website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    If that issue persist try to install in Compatibility mode

Method 2::Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Fail to update/install wireless adapter driver

1. Fail to update/install wireless adapter driver - Similar Threads - Fail update install

2. USB wireless adapter install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB wireless adapter install: Im trying to install a wireless usb adaptor and I keep getting a "a service installation section in this INF is invalid" can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-wireless-adapter-install/04c3b86c-b585-437a-929a-76cb836fff07
  3. USB wireless adapter install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB wireless adapter install: Im trying to install a wireless usb adaptor and I keep getting a "a service installation section in this INF is invalid" can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-wireless-adapter-install/04c3b86c-b585-437a-929a-76cb836fff07
  4. Wireless adapter drivers will not install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless adapter drivers will not install: Currently using an Asus PCE-AC68 Wireless adapter which works fine. Just upgraded to PCE-AC88 which I installed into the same PCI-e socket I had the AC68 in. Computer does not recognize the AC88 in Device Manager and the driver install .exe will not execute so no install...
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter Driver Won't Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Wireless Adapter Driver Won't Install: I'm unable to install the driver for Xbox ACC wireless adapter usb. Here is a picture of my error: [ATTACH] 1. I have tried uninstalling the device, unplugging the usb, restarting the computer and plugging it back in. Driver error. 2. I have downloaded the appropriate...
  6. Cannot install drivers for Xbox Wireless Adapter.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot install drivers for Xbox Wireless Adapter.: submitted by /u/zack10024 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ek3s0r/cannot_install_drivers_for_xbox_wireless_adapter/
  7. Wireless network adapter drivers

Wireless network adapter drivers: Hi guys, Sorry for bothering again, but my PC's gone mad. I just installed, used and closed Bluestacks 4, thay my PC says my Network Adaptor's not working. When I click on the globe icon with a no sign on it, I see only one option - Flight Mode. On trouble shooting, it says...
  8. Wireless Network Adapter Driver is not Installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network Adapter Driver is not Installed: My windows 10 smartab (model: STW1050) will not recognize the network adapter. I have already ran the troubleshooter a million times it said "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver"...
  9. Driver Updates Fail to Install.

Driver Updates Fail to Install.: So i went to check for updates, it found 2 updates for my sound and video cards. The new drivers were downloaded... But failed to install, giving me the following error: 0x8024007. If i check for updates again, Windows Update will not find the drivers anymore, they...
  10. install wireless adapter

install wireless adapter: how to install wireless adapter? i clicked start in this tab, [img] and restart PC, device manager does not have this. 97799