Windows 10: Fail to wake from sleep

Discus and support Fail to wake from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Win10 Pro 10.0.13134 Build 17134 Since the various Dec updates, on random occassions win does not resume from sleep by moving the mouse, or any key,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Palcouk, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Palcouk Win User

Fail to wake from sleep

Win10 Pro 10.0.13134 Build 17134

Since the various Dec updates, on random occassions win does not resume from sleep by moving the mouse, or any key, have to hard re-boot (by random I mean about 5% of the time)

HW drivers are up to date from makers site (motherboard)

Last updates for Dec 2018 as shown;

Fail to wake from sleep 366a012b-54dd-4b30-b157-39d567dde3c8?upload=true.png

:)

Palcouk, Dec 24, 2018

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Fail to wake from sleep

Win 10 v1803 Fails To Wake Scheduled Jobs when Allow Wake Timers set to 'Important Wake Timers Only'

Hi No Jo,

It is possible that the issue is caused due to the changes you made on your computer. Some power settings may have also changed that is why it fails to wake from sleep. To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter. To do this,
    follow the steps below:

1. Type Troubleshoot in the search box then press Enter.
    2. Click on Power and then on Run the troubleshooter.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wizard.

Update us on the result so we can further assist you.

MaRoselle Cag, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Fail to wake from sleep

1. Fail to wake from sleep - Similar Threads - Fail wake sleep

2. Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep: I have an ASUS laptop which is running Windows 10. Starting around July / August of this year, my laptop fails to resume from sleep mode occasionally. After waking from sleep, I either get a black screen and nothing. Black screen and auto reboot after ~30 seconds, or Black...
  3. Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep: Sometimes when I tried to enter the sleep mode, the screen darkens, but the laptop was still awake blue LED indicator beside the laptop, should be in orange if entered sleep successfully. When this issue happened, I can't do anything else but to force restart the laptop...
  4. Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep: Sometimes when I tried to enter the sleep mode, the screen darkens, but the laptop was still awake blue LED indicator beside the laptop, should be in orange if entered sleep successfully. When this issue happened, I can't do anything else but to force restart the laptop...
  5. Waking from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Waking from sleep?: I understand how to stop windows waking from sleep but there are so many steps. By this I mean, the IMO, the sleep function in windows, by default is not fit for purpose. You have to make sure WOL is disabled, sleep timers, usb devices disabled allowing to wake are disabled....
  6. Waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking from sleep: Since the last update my mouse won't wake my pc from sleep - i have to press the reset button. I've checked power options etc Help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-from-sleep/16c5f540-8199-48ba-a97b-971670323493
  7. Wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from sleep: I’ve set my windows pc many times to only wake from sleep when a key from my keyboard has been pressed, not on mouse movement. It works for a couple of times and then it reverts to how it was before!! I’m getting very frustrated and would love a solution to this! submitted...
  8. PC fails to wake from sleep mode

PC fails to wake from sleep mode: Immediately following the September Windows update my computer would not wake from sleep mode. The screensaver kicks in correctly and the PC reactivates from that, using either the keyboard or mouse. When the PC actually goes into sleep mode the display goes black but when I...
  9. waking from sleep.

waking from sleep.: I have just changed from Win 10 home 32 bit to the 64 bit version. The crap I had with it starting up, shutting down the doing full cold boot after waking from sleep with a long time to come up still exists. I do not believe I am the only person in the world with this...
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...