Windows 10: FAIL UPDATE, EROR HARDISK, LOSE CMD

Discus and support FAIL UPDATE, EROR HARDISK, LOSE CMD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I make update ota and many fail because my network is so bad that is first problem. and than i have to slower using file manager. im go to reset my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by erickTAN22, Feb 25, 2019.

1. FAIL UPDATE, EROR HARDISK, LOSE CMD

I make update ota and many fail because my network is so bad that is first problem.

and than i have to slower using file manager.

im go to reset my computer in my setting. im go back my windows build 1709.

third problem is i won dual boot with andorid x86 primeOS android basic.

that instal was failed because problem in hardisk manual partition.

any solution is not working.

so im won delete this file and i have boot manager is eror.

android primeOS debug boot

windows boot.

still in my boot manager.

four problem is i cant comant prompt with this action ( bcdedit ), the cmd of force close always.

im go to startup repair is dosent work too.

and than im reset my computer again.

but dualboot still in my pc.

im tired with this.

finnaly problem is my new pasword is corect always, write new pasword after reset.

safe mode with f8 dosent work because dual boot still in boot manager.

cmd not working.

solution is taping shift+power and restart.

so im go back reset my komputer with disk clean. but is dosent clean anyway.

easyBCD notworking too.

in uefi bios dosent comant to delete the dual boot.

i won new option in uefi bios delete this dual boot in boot manager with easly taping.

my pc is asus vivobook X540B with WIN10 HOME ORIGINAL in asus.

tanks.

im in some mountain in indonesia.

forgive my language.

If you don't use Edge, don't intend to use Edge, here are procedures/settings that will keep Edge out of sight, out of mind.

I never see Edge unless I deliberately open it. I have not done #7 or #8, but they are options.

1. Set Internet Explorer or another browser as the default browser.

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/choose-default-apps-in-windows-10.8988/

2. Same link as #1. Set Adobe Reader or another program as the default for opening PDF files, instead of Edge.

3. Since Cortana is going to search the web with Edge and Bing, don't search the web with Cortana. Use Internet Explorer or another browser to go to your preferred search page or search from the Address Bar.

4. Or... Edge > Settings > Advanced > Optimize Taskbar web search results for screen readers > turn this on and Cortana will search through Internet Explorer.

5. Or... How to make Cortana open your default browser and search engine. (Only if Chrome is the default browser.)

https://www.howtogeek.com/226638/make-the-windows-10-start-menu-and-cortana-search-google-instead-of-bing/

6. Stop Edge from running as a background app

Start> Settings> Privacy> Background apps> turn off Edge.

7. Disable Edge by renaming exe files

https://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/15999-how-remove-disable-windows-edge-browser.html

8. Uninstall Edge with this tool from TechNet

Windows 10 Store Apps Uninstaller (PowerShell/WinForms)

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Windows-10-Store-Apps-5f60b9e3

Don

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

erickTAN22, Feb 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Feb 25, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 25, 2019
  4. FAIL UPDATE, EROR HARDISK, LOSE CMD

Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

FAIL UPDATE, EROR HARDISK, LOSE CMD

1. FAIL UPDATE, EROR HARDISK, LOSE CMD - Similar Threads - FAIL UPDATE EROR

2. windows 11 eror update 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 eror update 22H2: windows 11 can't instal updete version 22h2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-eror-update-22h2/9fc61f0a-5527-40b7-b0f1-3e045e8dddc8
  3. update eror

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update eror: Guys i want to ask this question i updated my laptop windows 10 yesterday and right now there is an icon that saying that my windows version will ends soon and i must update it to stay supported but when i go to settings and update and security it was annoying. when i click...
  4. eror

in Windows 10 Gaming
    eror: minecraft eror windows 10 eror eror eroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreroreror...
  5. Issue with hardisk eject

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with hardisk eject: Dear Sir, I have tried a lot of actions watching on youtube but still coudnt do so. I have an hardisk of transcend and sandisk. in both I face an issue. while ejecting from the system tray in the right hand side lower side where that time is mentioned, so I get an issue...
  6. Eror code

Eror code: I have an error code coming up 2147221164 80040154 whne I'm trying to transfer info from disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eror-code/52309da5-c661-4467-a75f-ca163a28a05a
  7. hardisk not accesible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hardisk not accesible: how to go to msconfig.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardisk-not-accesible/a9cc6caf-055f-451c-a12b-e5afff9d6e1d
  8. internal hardisk problem

internal hardisk problem: i cannot access my D drive i.e secondary drive ... its not showing in the disk management also it has happened before the problem get automatically resolved when i restart my pc but this time its not resolving on its own...
  9. Windows Update eror

Windows Update eror: Is anyone know how to fix my computer problem ? I don't know why my computer failed to install new version update for Windows 10 version 1809 ? I have tired download and install again and again but it doesn't affect anymore, please I need you help me guys...
  10. Windows update eror

Windows update eror: please help me in resolving this error (0x8024a21e) which I got while checking for updates, Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-eror/4ac2cb9b-2cb3-4929-ab86-f145c2388d09