Windows 10: FAIL

Discus and support FAIL in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My windows 10 laptop TWICE failed to wipe everything after I set it to factory settings. I selected the second option which is to delete absolutely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by denaliden, Jan 23, 2020.

1. denaliden Win User

FAIL

My windows 10 laptop TWICE failed to wipe everything after I set it to factory settings. I selected the second option which is to delete absolutely everything so why did it not? I am so annoyed because I want to sell the laptop. There is nothing wrong with it at all I just want to stay with the one pc I already have. My wallpaper was still there and searches I had made on windows edge still remained. What else is still inside? I am now worried about selling it. Factory restore is stressful on a computer and twice in a row is doubly the case. I really don't know what to do about this.

:)

denaliden, Jan 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 23, 2020
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jan 23, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

FAIL

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

FAIL

1. FAIL - Similar Threads - FAIL

2. Windows Update Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Failed: hello, I'm experiencing updates failed in my windows 11 updates "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet." this is what it is saying for a week but no...
  3. Windows Update Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Failed: hello, I'm experiencing updates failed in my windows 11 updates "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet." this is what it is saying for a week but no...
  4. [REAGENTC.EXE: Operation failed: 2]; Unable to reinstate winre.wim after MBR2GPT job.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [REAGENTC.EXE: Operation failed: 2]; Unable to reinstate winre.wim after MBR2GPT job.: Hello, I need help with a few items following the conversion of my system disk from MBR to GPT. Due to the amount of partitions on my MBR disk, I had to delete the recovery partition. I made sure to run reagentc /disable first, and I confirmed the winre.wim is in my...
  5. [REAGENTC.EXE: Operation failed: 2]; Unable to reinstate winre.wim after MBR2GPT job.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [REAGENTC.EXE: Operation failed: 2]; Unable to reinstate winre.wim after MBR2GPT job.: Hello, I need help with a few items following the conversion of my system disk from MBR to GPT. Due to the amount of partitions on my MBR disk, I had to delete the recovery partition. I made sure to run reagentc /disable first, and I confirmed the winre.wim is in my...
  6. [REAGENTC.EXE: Operation failed: 2]; Unable to reinstate winre.wim after MBR2GPT job.

7. For some reason when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For some reason when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand...: i just cloned over my old ssd to a new samsung 980 pro and when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand shell folder constant userdesktop...
  8. For some reason when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand...

For some reason when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand...: i just cloned over my old ssd to a new samsung 980 pro and when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand shell folder constant userdesktop...
  9. For some reason when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. i was updating my windows and it has update 23h2 KB5036893 but it was failing several times...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i was updating my windows and it has update 23h2 KB5036893 but it was failing several times...: few days ago i was updating my laptop and this update came for 23h2 KB5036893 but it was failing several times even after retrying. it was showing error 0x80070002. on task manager when the download starts, windows module installer works but after some times it fails. what...