Windows 10: Failed AHCI change from RAID on Dell 5500, w10p 1909,

Discus and support Failed AHCI change from RAID on Dell 5500, w10p 1909, in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Followed this tutorial - Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation Printed it and did it carefully step-by-step. Found each and every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pavl, May 4, 2021.

1. Pavl Win User

Failed AHCI change from RAID on Dell 5500, w10p 1909,

Followed this tutorial - Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation Printed it and did it carefully step-by-step. Found each and every bit in registry. Reason is to get a Linux distro to see the WinOS and others(penguins) have found that many Dell laptops are not set to AHCI. Previous bios settings were RAID (never changed by me) - this was the third of 3 options - Disabled, AHCI, RAID. After following steps in tutorial made the change from RAID to AHCI in Bios (made no other changes). Machine failed to restart into Windows, repeated boot loops (as far as I could tell) and the Dell SupportAssist muscled in twice trying to get a download of a complete image - cancelled by me). Eventually Windows presented a blue recovery box with "Restart" or "Advanced options". Tried both .. only ever choosing restart within advanced though. Repeated fails. Went back to BIOS and reverted to RAID = success and back into w10p. All I want to achieve is for Linux to "see" Windows folders/files just like the old days with w7p .... ahhh, those were the days. Machine = Dell 2019 version Latitude 5500, i5 8th gen, 16GB ram, 256 nvme ssd with w10p 1909 build (up-to-date), storage microSD in slot (no boot or OS on it), nothing else connected/plugged in. EDIT: Checked regedit for those values and found these... ...Services\iaStorV = start still set to '0' value data ...Services\iaStorAVC\StartOverride = Value Name is '1' not '0' and value data is '3' ...Services\storahci = Start still set to '0' value data ...Services\storahci\StartOverride = Value Name is '1' not '0' and value data is '3' Paul

:)

Pavl, May 4, 2021
  2. itsme1 Win User

Try this method:
    1. Run MSCONFIG
    2. Enable Safe Boot (minimal)
    3. Reboot into UEFI / BIOS and change to AHCI
    4. Boot up into safe mode
    5. Run MSCONFIG and disable Safe Boot.
    6. Reboot

Failed AHCI change from RAID on Dell 5500, w10p 1909, [​IMG]

itsme1, May 4, 2021
  3. Pavl Win User

Followed this tutorial -
    Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation
    Printed it and did it carefully step-by-step. Found each and every bit in registry.

Reason is to get a Linux distro to see the WinOS and others(penguins) have found that many Dell laptops are not set to AHCI.
    Previous bios settings were RAID (never changed by me) - this was the third of 3 options - Disabled, AHCI, RAID.
    After following steps in tutorial made the change from RAID to AHCI in Bios (made no other changes).

Machine failed to restart into Windows, repeated boot loops (as far as I could tell) and the Dell SupportAssist muscled in twice trying to get a download of a complete image - cancelled by me).
    Eventually Windows presented a blue recovery box with "Restart" or "Advanced options".
    Tried both .. only ever choosing restart within advanced though.
    Repeated fails.

Went back to BIOS and reverted to RAID = success and back into w10p.
    All I want to achieve is for Linux to "see" Windows folders/files just like the old days with w7p .... ahhh, those were the days.

Machine = Dell 2019 version Latitude 5500, i5 8th gen, 16GB ram, 256 nvme ssd with w10p 1909 build (up-to-date), storage microSD in slot (no boot or OS on it), nothing else connected/plugged in.

EDIT:
    Checked regedit for those values and found these...
    ...Services\iaStorV = start still set to '0' value data
    ...Services\iaStorAVC\StartOverride = Value Name is '1' not '0' and value data is '3'
    ...Services\storahci = Start still set to '0' value data
    ...Services\storahci\StartOverride = Value Name is '1' not '0' and value data is '3'
    Paul

Pavl, May 4, 2021
  4. Funkyecat Win User

Changinr Raid to AHCI

I don't have Raid! I want to change to AHCI. When I trie normally it won't boot.

Funkyecat, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Failed AHCI change from RAID on Dell 5500, w10p 1909, - Similar Threads - Failed AHCI change

2. How to change from raid to ahci?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from raid to ahci?: Hi , I want to change my sata ssd controller form raid to ahci.. I watched many solutions , all of them told to boot to safe mode and then enter bios to change raid to achi.. But the problem is that i am having a laptop where the bios is only having simple settings , no...
  3. How to change from raid to ahci?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change from raid to ahci?: Hi , I want to change my sata ssd controller form raid to ahci.. I watched many solutions , all of them told to boot to safe mode and then enter bios to change raid to achi.. But the problem is that i am having a laptop where the bios is only having simple settings , no...
  4. AHCI or RAID?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AHCI or RAID?: Hi there, I am about to install Windows 10 onto a single 4.0 NVMe M.2 as a clean installation and I want to know if I should set the SATA control to AHCI or RAID? This is not a RAID set up just one single 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD card. Thank you, Robert....
  5. Change from Raid to AHCI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change from Raid to AHCI: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 -7000- i5- 7573 came with SSD SanDisk X400 M.2 2280 256GB-1012 card, ok! in the Bios it is in Raid mode, and I would like to change it to AHCI, is it possible to make that change? Thanks JP...
  6. Can't read data from "RAID" disk on after BIOS change RAID to AHCI

Can't read data from "RAID" disk on after BIOS change RAID to AHCI: Hey, I got an old Dell Latitude laptop that I was going to update my HDD on so I removed the old drive (it was an m.2 disk in an adapter in a 2.5" slot). I plugged in my new Samsung 840 which the computer couldn't find so I changed the BIOS setting from RAID to AHCI (Raid is...
  7. Switch from Raid to AHCI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch from Raid to AHCI: Is there a way to switch from Raid to AHCI without losing everything and having to reinstall Windows again? 104898
  8. AHCI or RAID

AHCI or RAID: Hi. I have just purchased a Dell XPS 15 Laptop with a single 512gb SSD. I am wanting to clean install Windows 10 but am unsure whether to place the BIOS in RAID or AHCI? I have heard the read/write SSD speeds are similar once in windows. Would one of these interfaces...
  9. Changing from AHCI to RAID causes boot loop

Changing from AHCI to RAID causes boot loop: I have a MySN XMG U716 (Clevo P775DM1) that I got with two 256Gb Samung 951 NVMe PCIe SSD's, initially in RAID 1. I later decided to break this RAID array because I wanted the extra 256Gb for games etc, and I broke the array by setting them to Non-Raid but leaving RAID mode...
  10. Switch from AHCI to RAID

Switch from AHCI to RAID: I have Windows 10 Pro installed on an SSD in AHCI mode. I would like to add a RAID 1 array to this system for storage but I understand some registry tweaks must be made before I can change my BIOS from AHCI to RAID mode or I'll end up hosing Windows. I've read that the...