Windows 10: Failed attempts to log into email through the mailing app.

Discus and support Failed attempts to log into email through the mailing app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought a new computer and have been trying to login to my gmail account through the window's mailing app. When I go through the process of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shelby Hampton, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Failed attempts to log into email through the mailing app.

I just bought a new computer and have been trying to login to my gmail account through the window's mailing app. When I go through the process of submitting my login information, a window pops up and says "Something went wrong, we're sorry, but we weren't able to do that. Error code: 0x8000000b. " If you could get back to me on how I can fix this that would be great. Thank you!

:)

Shelby Hampton, Dec 9, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Failed attempts to log into email through the mailing app. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 9, 2018
  3. kjdawson1 Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

Failed attempts to log into email through the mailing app.

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Failed attempts to log into email through the mailing app.

1. Failed attempts to log into email through the mailing app. - Similar Threads - Failed attempts log

2. Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in. Judge with AuthUserName=*** Email address...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in. Judge with AuthUserName=*** Email address...: Account not authorizedFailed attempt to log in. Judge with AuthUserName=*** Email address is removed for privacy *** does not exist.* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in. Judge with AuthUserName=*** Email address...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account not authorized Failed attempt to log in. Judge with AuthUserName=*** Email address...: Account not authorizedFailed attempt to log in. Judge with AuthUserName=*** Email address is removed for privacy *** does not exist.* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Windows Mail, Email Log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail, Email Log in: When I attempt to log into Windows Mail I use my Email address and Password. Mail says that these are incorrect. but they are !! The same problem exists with Outlook Mail. This problem has gone on for months.Thanks for your helpLou...
  5. Unable to access AOL email through mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access AOL email through mail app: Ever since latest Windows update I am unable to access AOL email through the mail app. I keep getting a account out of date even though I updated correctly and I do not have two step verification on is there a fix for this?...
  6. Unable to access AOL email through mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access AOL email through mail app: Ever since latest Windows update I am unable to access AOL email through the mail app. I keep getting a account out of date even though I updated correctly and I do not have two step verification on is there a fix for this?...
  7. Unable to access AOL email through mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Links won't open through email in mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links won't open through email in mail app: Since a recent update I can no longer open any links provided in any email I get. I've had to right click and copy link to another browser to open it instead. How can I fix this? This only happens on my laptop and not on phone....
  9. icloud not sending emails through mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    icloud not sending emails through mail app: My mail app was automatically updated on the 10th January and since then my computer won't send emails from my iCloud email. I can receive not send. I get an error message saying email has been stored in the drafts folder. I have not changed my SMTP settings they still read...
  10. Mail app can't scroll through a hundred emails smoothly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app can't scroll through a hundred emails smoothly: When I grab the scrollbar and drag it with the mouse in the Mail app, the scrollbar lags behind my mouse and the app stutters and freezes like I'm asking it to render Crysis. I have a Core i7 CPU. The Mail app also won't show me older messages, telling me to use search. I...