Windows 10: Failed Boot on Restart of PC (recoverable)

Discus and support Failed Boot on Restart of PC (recoverable) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I have a Dell XPS2710 running Windows 10 V 2004 Build 19041.928 Normally the PC is either left in standby mode or sleep mode when not in use.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eagleshadow, May 4, 2021.

1. Failed Boot on Restart of PC (recoverable)

Hello! I have a Dell XPS2710 running Windows 10 V 2004 Build 19041.928 Normally the PC is either left in standby mode or sleep mode when not in use. Typically the PC is only shut down or rebooted when a power outage occurs or a when an update of Avast requires it to be rebooted. Several months ago after a scheduled Avast reboot the unit failed to boot to Windows. This has become a regular occurrence whenever a reboot occurs. To recover I do a hard reboot followed by F10, F12 sequence to get into the BIOS. I toggle down to the BOOT Manager entry and press enter. At this point the computer reboots successfully and all is well until the next reboot. Obviously this is unacceptable and not normal. Is this a known problem with a known fix? Any suggestions as to a fix? Thanks; Bill Garrison

:)

Eagleshadow, May 4, 2021

2. Failed Boot on Restart of PC (recoverable)

Hello!

I have a Dell XPS2710 running Windows 10 V 2004 Build 19041.928

Normally the PC is either left in standby mode or sleep mode when not in use. Typically the PC is only shut down or rebooted when a power outage occurs or a when an update of Avast requires it to be rebooted.
    Several months ago after a scheduled Avast reboot the unit failed to boot to Windows. This has become a regular occurrence whenever a reboot occurs. To recover I do a hard reboot followed by F10, F12 sequence to get into the BIOS. I toggle down to the BOOT Manager entry and press enter.

At this point the computer reboots successfully and all is well until the next reboot. Obviously this is unacceptable and not normal.

Is this a known problem with a known fix? Any suggestions as to a fix?

Thanks;
    Bill Garrison

Eagleshadow, May 4, 2021
  3. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, May 4, 2021
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Failed Boot on Restart of PC (recoverable)

Windows 10 Creators Update Installed Now PC Fails to Boot

Hi Antony,

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern regarding your Windows 10 Creators Update, we suggest that you perform the following
    steps to trigger Safe Mode through the
    Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)
    option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting into safe mode.
    This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Failed Boot on Restart of PC (recoverable)

1. Failed Boot on Restart of PC (recoverable) - Similar Threads - Failed Boot Restart

2. PC failing to boot up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC failing to boot up.: HelloSo for the past two days I had been trying to install the windows microsoft store on windows 11 with no luck because there was no sign of it being on my computer and an error message would always pop when i tried anything that was supposed to redirect me to the app. I...
  3. pc freezing and failing to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezing and failing to boot: hello, i've encountered several issues with my pc lately and i've had the hardest time dealing with them , it started when i upgraded to win11 from win10 few months ago , my pc started freezing during the win11 installation and i had to do it over 8 times until i was lucky...
  4. Boot PC fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot PC fails: PC fails to boot with blue screen says it needs to repair. No matter how many restart I do it will goes to the same screen. This 1 year old PC is doing fine until yesterday I got a notification that my PC is infected with virus so I run scan on the PC and detected the virus...
  5. Boot PC fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot PC fails: PC fails to boot with blue screen says it needs to repair. No matter how many restart I do it will goes to the same screen. This 1 year old PC is doing fine until yesterday I got a notification that my PC is infected with virus so I run scan on the PC and detected the virus...
  6. Boot PC fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC fails to boot up

PC fails to boot up: Hi,I have been having some difficulties turning on my pc. It shows the bios screen and the windows load screen as well, but afther some time the screen turns black and my keyboard and mouse also disconect. When i dont have my gpu pluged in the mother board all works fine. If...
  8. Pc Failing to Boot

Pc Failing to Boot: My Pc froze then crashed yesterday, when I tried to restart it the Preparing Automatic Repair page comes up but nothing happened even tried leaving it for a few hours. I then tried to get it to Boot via the Boot menu {F8} with Win10 Media Creation Tool on a USB, this results...
  9. PC fails to boot

PC fails to boot: When I turn on my PC it cycles no signal until I click [enter] The MSI motherboard logo appears and it says "Preparing Automatic repair" This leads me to the blue screen: Choose an option [Continue] [Turn off your PC] [Use a device] [Troubleshoot] Nothing...
  10. Pc fails to boot.

Pc fails to boot.: Hello, so last night i was playing on my pc when the power went out. This morning when i turned on my pc but it just wouldn't boot. It took about 20-30 attempts of unplugging and holding the power button to finally make it boot. The cd rom always blinks 3 times and makes a...