Windows 10: Failed CPU Utilization after Window Updates

Discus and support Failed CPU Utilization after Window Updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had performed a bad decision to update Windows and now encountering these issues :1 Abnormal battery status showing as 255% Available, Plugged in2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jasper-Cl, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Jasper-Cl Win User

Failed CPU Utilization after Window Updates

I had performed a bad decision to update Windows and now encountering these issues :1 Abnormal battery status showing as 255% Available, Plugged in2 CPU Utilization capped at 16%3 Overall drop of performance in CPU Power, Memory Power4 Resetting PC stuck at 5%I had tried :1 Making sure all drivers are updated2 Change power management system to "Best Performance" with every single checklist at highest performance stats3 Checked Task Manager > Details > Power Throttling, all disable4 Added Regedit by adding Power Throttling key5 Edit Regedit by changing HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM

:)

Jasper-Cl, Jun 20, 2021
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jun 20, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Failed CPU Utilization after Window Updates

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Failed CPU Utilization after Window Updates

1. Failed CPU Utilization after Window Updates - Similar Threads - Failed CPU Utilization

2. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU utilization: Hi Team,What is the OID an NMS can use to fetch the average CPU utilization of all the vCPUs of a Windows VM. Currently the NMS can poll for individual vCPU utilizations. We are looking for the average for all the vCPUs in one OID....
  3. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU utilization: Hi Team,What is the OID an NMS can use to fetch the average CPU utilization of all the vCPUs of a Windows VM. Currently the NMS can poll for individual vCPU utilizations. We are looking for the average for all the vCPUs in one OID....
  4. CPU utilization in desktop

CPU utilization in desktop: My CPU is 2% in idle, but my CPU utilization in 100% even on idle. Is it normal to have a high CPU utilization even if there are no apps running? CPU:2%CPU utilization: 100%Thanks, appreciate it....
  5. CPU Utilization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Utilization: What is CPU Utilization?Mine is 100%, should I worry?Don't know the appropriate product, pls move if this question is in the wrong product.. thanks.EDIT: MY CPU is normally 1-15%, I check task manager, click Performance.CPU= 15%CPU utilization= 100%** moved from Virus and...
  6. CPU Utilization

CPU Utilization: What is CPU Utilization?Mine is 100%, should I worry?Don't know the appropriate product, pls move if this question is in the wrong product.. thanks.EDIT: MY CPU is normally 1-15%, I check task manager, click Performance.CPU= 15%CPU utilization= 100%** moved from Virus and...
  7. CPU Utilization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU Utilization: What is CPU Utilization?Mine is 100%, should I worry?Don't know the appropriate product, pls move if this question is in the wrong product.. thanks.EDIT: MY CPU is normally 1-15%, I check task manager, click Performance.CPU= 15%CPU utilization= 100%...
  8. Windows 10 high cpu utilization after December 18th update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 high cpu utilization after December 18th update: Hi, I see high cpu utilization on my Wİndows 10 laptop after the update on December 18th. I noticed that "system" is taking around 20%-40% cpu time. sometimes drops to 10% And this causes cpu fan high speed with a lot of noise. If I remove the intel 620 graphics adapter...
  9. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU utilization: The new full-screen performance monitor (open task manager, click Performance, double-click the graph) sure is pretty. [img] 10389
  10. CPU utilization issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU utilization issue: Having trouble with task manager not resetting the "Total processor utilization across all cores". [img] This has happened to me before on the original insiders version of W10, and the only way I was able to fix it was to do a clean install. That was in February, and...