Windows 10: Failed CryptAcquireContext

Discus and support Failed CryptAcquireContext in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; One of my games is not working anymore, It's been one week since the first time. Uninstalling it does not work. A message pops up and says: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ClumsyCousin, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Failed CryptAcquireContext

One of my games is not working anymore, It's been one week since the first time. Uninstalling it does not work. A message pops up and says:

Failed CryptAcquireContext 57f52f24-5b3c-4757-8cbd-f8a2830c4cb0?upload=true.png

:)

ClumsyCousin, Nov 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 27, 2020
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Nov 27, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Failed CryptAcquireContext

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Failed CryptAcquireContext

1. Failed CryptAcquireContext - Similar Threads - Failed CryptAcquireContext

2. Computer Crashes and Freezes with eventlog Metadata staging failed, result=0x80004005 for...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashes and Freezes with eventlog Metadata staging failed, result=0x80004005 for...: hi, my pc freezes randomly and everything stops for eg. youtube show loading able to click start menu but nothing happens ,not able to CTRL+ALT+DEL.only i can turn the seitch off and then back on. no BSOD one thing i have noticed maybe related that it crashes on being...
  3. Adobe Acrobat DC - Installation Failed due to 1603 = Fatal error during Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Acrobat DC - Installation Failed due to 1603 = Fatal error during Installation: Hi all, Adobe Acrobat Fails to install on a Windows 10 machine, due to the below error . Error : The installation encountered the following error : 1603 = Fatal error during Installation . Exit code = 40...
  4. Windows Media Creation Tool first starts install on USB, fails and then USB is not recognized

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Media Creation Tool first starts install on USB, fails and then USB is not recognized: Dear community, my computer is not working anymore and I need to create a USB as recovery drive. I inserted my 32GB USB drive and the first time it was recognized by the Windows Media Creation Tool. I then installed around 50% of Windows on the stick until it failed with...
  5. 2tb Hdd is failing need to backup data ASAP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2tb Hdd is failing need to backup data ASAP: As title says, My 2 TB is around 7 years old i think. Recently my computer has slowed to an extreme crawl despite multiple checkdisk repairs, fresh windows installs. Now its become apparent the hdd is dying. I have 6 years worth of important data, which amounts to roughly 1.2...
  6. 0x8007042B – 0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during...

0x8007042B – 0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during...: I have an HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0xxx currently running Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version1803. I have tried upgrading to both version 1909 as well as 20H2 without any success error messages below. I have performed the following to try and remedy: 1. I have...
  7. Windows 10 uppdate failed.

Windows 10 uppdate failed.: I have been trying to update and install new functions on my computer now for a year without being able to. when I try to update my computer I get an hex error or it just strait up can't find an update even though my last update was in like 2019. when i try ti install the...
  8. Constant BSOD errors crashing windows 10 resulting in failed updates

Constant BSOD errors crashing windows 10 resulting in failed updates: I have been getting BSOD errors for a while now and they keep increasing day by day. I tried updating my windows several times but it crashes mid way and undoes all progress. I was asked for the minidump on a previous question. Here's the link to the minidump zip-...
  9. every time i try to back up my system i get an error code failed to back up debug file.

every time i try to back up my system i get an error code failed to back up debug file.: Every time i try to back up my system i get a error failed to back up debug file. just started happing. how do i get rid of the debug file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-try-to-back-up-my-system-i-get-an/94346185-6ef2-4680-9fcd-9504f230b0fb
  10. WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS: Finally plowed through errors that kept this program in upgrading to Version 1909. Did not realize before the fixes, anytime that I tried Wumt it would make several attempts to reload before it would throw the error code. Now when this application is launched to load 1909, it...