Windows 10: Failed CryptAcquireContext

Discus and support Failed CryptAcquireContext in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; One of my games is not working anymore, It's been one week since the first time. Uninstalling it does not work. A message pops up and says: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ClumsyCousin, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Failed CryptAcquireContext

One of my games is not working anymore, It's been one week since the first time. Uninstalling it does not work. A message pops up and says:

Failed CryptAcquireContext 57f52f24-5b3c-4757-8cbd-f8a2830c4cb0?upload=true.png

:)

ClumsyCousin, Nov 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 27, 2020
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Nov 27, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Failed CryptAcquireContext

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Failed CryptAcquireContext

1. Failed CryptAcquireContext - Similar Threads - Failed CryptAcquireContext

2. When installing any app on windows 10 , the installation fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When installing any app on windows 10 , the installation fails: I fully reset my dell laptop yesterday. So i installed chrome, Microsoft office 365 and everything was normal. However, when i wanted to install adobe reader , I keep getting failed to initialise error . I tried installing zoom but it the installer crashes at 50 % or...
  3. KB4586876 & KB4598242 - Installation failed

KB4586876 & KB4598242 - Installation failed: Good morning, Windows Update properly downloads: KB4586876 2021-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 20H2 for x64; KB4598242 2021-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems. However, during the needed...
  4. Please Help with EventID 161 Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please Help with EventID 161 Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation...: Hi Team, I desperately come to you to help me diagnose a critical error BSOD that is driving me crazy about a new computer I bought for Gaiming that worked perfectly until a few days and has intermittent behavior. I'm a former Microsoft employee trained as a Senior...
  5. Windows Updates and Upgrade fail - Version 1703; attempt to Upgrade Windows - setupactlogs...

Windows Updates and Upgrade fail - Version 1703; attempt to Upgrade Windows - setupactlogs...: Version 1703 Windows10 - updates have failed for several years. I believe I've tried all of the normal steps to solve the problem, and the PC continues to rollback. DISM.EXE /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth sfc /scannow net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSDvc net stop...
  6. Computer has been failing to update since around March 2020: no publically available...

Computer has been failing to update since around March 2020: no publically available...: I'm getting really tired of always having to tell my computer to wait an hour to restart or coming back to my computer restarted and lost my progress on whatever project I'd been working on. I've done everything on this list, everything suggested by the virtual assistant,...
  7. SQL Server 2014 Fail to install

SQL Server 2014 Fail to install: Hello all, Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give. I am installing Microsoft SQL Server 2014 on a Lenovo ThinkPad P73 Windows 10 Pro for workstations - 1909 When I attempt to install it fails with this error:...
  8. Failed download virus scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Failed download virus scan: I am unable to download programs, updates, photos or other items. When I try I get the message: Failed download virus scan. It is a firewall issue, but I can't override it to download necessary updates from any source. I don't know if this is a Microsoft issue, or a Windows...
  9. DirectX failed to initialize error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    DirectX failed to initialize error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some PC users after installing the Virtual DJ or any such software on their […] This article DirectX failed to initialize error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Windows update fail (KB4598242)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update fail (KB4598242): Asus Tuf FA506IV laptop Tried to install the new windows update KB4598242 and got an error: 0x80073701. sfc /scannow showed no errors but Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth showed error: 0x800f081f. Tried to do a manual install of the update and that failed as well....