Windows 10: Failed download/network card related upgrades to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home 64?

Discus and support Failed download/network card related upgrades to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home 64? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to upgrade from an installation of Windows Home Premium 64 bit to Windows 10, and can't get more than a short way into the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RNCTX, Jun 23, 2020.

1. RNCTX Win User

Failed download/network card related upgrades to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home 64?

Hello, I'm trying to upgrade from an installation of Windows Home Premium 64 bit to Windows 10, and can't get more than a short way into the first reboot. It fails consistently at the same point no matter which method I use to start the upgrade, so I assume this to be a driver issue of some sort.

I have downloaded the full v2004 Windows 10 ISO and have it on a partition, and also have tried launching the upgrade from the Media Creation Tool. The computer has an intel i218-v network card on the motherboard, which may be the culprit. NTLite says that the installer ISO has the driver for this network card present, but my missed attempts at upgrading seem to be from the installer failing to download things.

No matter which of these two I use the media tool or launching setup from the full ISO to start the upgrade process from within Windows 7, after the first reboot the installation fails at 27% with the following log...

Failed download/network card related upgrades to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home 64? bf80be5a-0d66-4fde-8431-ef4e9d5a731e?upload=true.png

:)

RNCTX, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 23, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Failed download/network card related upgrades to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home 64?

Microsoft Windows 7 RC Available for Download

The wait is over, Microsoft has published the official download page for Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC), that's not some pirated torrent link. Offered now directly from Microsoft are five different language versions (English, German, Japanese, French, and Spanish) of both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 RC. Minimum system specs to run Windows 7 include:
    • 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    • 1 GB RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    • 16 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit)
    • DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
    Don't waste more time, and go directly to the Windows 7 RC download page.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Failed download/network card related upgrades to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home 64? - Similar Threads - Failed download network

2. windows 10 from 7 upgrade failed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 from 7 upgrade failed.: i'm trying to upgrade two computers for a friend. she has a lot of crap installed and has bad eyesight so doesn't want to go through the hassle of reinstalling it all, so i am upgrading them for her. we did the desktop, an older dell but the laptop, an xps l702x failed. i...
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit: Can I still upgrade an old computer from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit to Windows 10? Is this free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-from-windows-7-home-premium-64/61f1a0ae-4639-4b24-8492-ece36d0d1ba8
  4. Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Hello everyone,, I was doing the upgrade on a Win7Ult 64-bit desktop earlier today, and reached the point where I confirmed deletion of MSE and then the Windows 10 Pro installation screen began incrementing slowly -- until it crashed with a small window that simply stated...
  5. Windows 7 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Home "Failed"

Windows 7 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Home "Failed": So I finally bought Windows 10 after missing the free upgrade window and of course the installation won't work. I have a valid Product Key for W10, downloaded the media creation tool and have tried several times to upgrade, and each time it goes through the whole installation...
  6. Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: I was doing the upgrade on a Win7Ult 64-bit desktop earlier today, and reached the point where I confirmed deletion of MSE and then the Windows 10 Pro installation screen began incrementing slowly -- until it crashed with a small window that simply stated "The installation...
  7. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home 64 bit: My son’s computer is running Windows 7 64 bit and I want to upgrade it to Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Of course I want to spend as little as possible for the license/upgrade and I found a couple on eBay that are pretty cheap Error Page | eBay and Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 Bit...
  8. Windows 10 (64 bit) Upgrade from Windows 7 (64 bit)

Windows 10 (64 bit) Upgrade from Windows 7 (64 bit): Will there be a patch to install Windows 10 64 bit on our older computers? I know about the 32 bit version being compatible, but the AMD Athlon cpu's were originally designed to run 64 bit applications. Most of the cpu's have more than enough power for the OS. I'm sure there...
  9. Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home

Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home: Today I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 Home to Window 10 Home and after the install am getting a spreview.exe error.. followed by spwixul.dll, sperror.dll, spwizui.dll, sprerror.dll Boxes that pop up. I have done the Disk Cleanup as suggested, and checking for...
  10. 7 Home > 10 Upgrade Failed - Graphics Card Incompatible

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    7 Home > 10 Upgrade Failed - Graphics Card Incompatible: Got a message that my graphics card was not compatible with 10 so I installed an ASUS 210 Silent, forced a 10 download again and still get the same message with the old card. 10 upgrade doesn't check for the new card, just reports the old card is not compatible. How do I get...