Windows 10: Failed Driver Install

Discus and support Failed Driver Install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a USB audio device for which I cannot successfully install its driver. The device is a Boss SY-1000 Guitar Synthesizer. This is on a computer I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SteveOgden2, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Failed Driver Install

I have a USB audio device for which I cannot successfully install its driver. The device is a Boss SY-1000 Guitar Synthesizer. This is on a computer I recently purchased, a Surface Book 3 15", 32gb, mem 2tb ssd running Windows 10.

It acts like it installs ok, after plugging in the USB cable I get a 'installing device' message, followed by 'device setup and ready'. But it is non-functional after that. In the Device Manager I see this:

Failed Driver Install 40ef55ca-454a-4b7a-bc1f-28ad2363d702?upload=true.png

The device works perfectly fine on my old computer, which is a Surface Pro 4, also Win 10 and both use the same driver file from the manufacturer. I have spent some time working with the company's tech support. We have tried various ways of installing, uninstalling, reinstalling the driver auto, manual, etc. but have not got it to work. I have tried connecting on different ports on the computer. The computer works fine for other external devices, some of them are audio hardware as well. I have tried unplugging all external devices except this device and installing, but nothing fixes it. I have even tried uninstalling everything on the computer and just installing this device and driver. No change.

I am certain the driver is not corrupted, like the message says. I have downloaded more than once from the company's site and they even sent my a version as an email attachment. Their tech support is out of ideas and suggested perhaps something unique to this computer or the rev of Windows is preventing the install. Or some other Windows device driver is not letting it install successfully maybe the USB controller?. I don't see any other errors in Device Manager. I have also tried disabling all startup programs in Task Manager.

Looking for ideas on this. Thanks.

:)

SteveOgden2, Mar 12, 2021
  2. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Fox34 Win User
    I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Failed Driver Install

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Failed Driver Install

1. Failed Driver Install - Similar Threads - Failed Driver Install

2. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.: SPECS:BIOS : Up to date; A24NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M 2GB4x2 8GB Ram DDR3L@1600MHzIntel Core i7-4600U 2 Cores 4 Threads @2.10GHz - 2.70GHz466GB HDDWindows 10 Pro x64 22H2 - 19045.3086Dell Latitude E5540Hello! I was installing NVIDIA Drivers on my laptop, when i get following...
  3. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.: SPECS:BIOS : Up to date; A24NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M 2GB4x2 8GB Ram DDR3L@1600MHzIntel Core i7-4600U 2 Cores 4 Threads @2.10GHz - 2.70GHz466GB HDDWindows 10 Pro x64 22H2 - 19045.3086Dell Latitude E5540Hello! I was installing NVIDIA Drivers on my laptop, when i get following...
  4. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Nvidia driver failed to be installed

Nvidia driver failed to be installed: I have a notebook with NVIDIA GEFORCE 930MX. After the latest windows update, NVIDIA asked for driver update. the driver failed to be installed. After that may NVIDIA doesn't come up or active. i searched the device manager and found my NVIDIA device as an other device....
  6. Driver Installation Failed

Driver Installation Failed: All was good with my machine until Microsoft did an update on Saturday 11-10-19. After restart, I noticed that I didn't have any sound. I am running WIndows 10 Pro from an online update several years ago from Windows 7. Intel Core i7 processor and Creative Sound Blaster...
  7. Usb driver installation fail

Usb driver installation fail: Hello! I’m trying to install latest usb drivers for a Korg keyboard. After setup starts, I ger an error message saying that setup cant find drvtools.sys, a file which was suposedly unpacked from the installation package and is present in the system, just not where setup is...
  8. multiple driver installations failing

multiple driver installations failing: I have been trying to use an archer t8e and an xbox one wireless controller adapter for my computer, and neither devices' driver can install properly. I have received no help from both xbox and windows support on any of these issues, and any and all help is appreciated....
  9. Driver Updates Fail to Install.

Driver Updates Fail to Install.: So i went to check for updates, it found 2 updates for my sound and video cards. The new drivers were downloaded... But failed to install, giving me the following error: 0x8024007. If i check for updates again, Windows Update will not find the drivers anymore, they...
  10. AMD driver installation failing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD driver installation failing: Hey guys, whenever I try to install the AMD drivers either via running the installer or auto detect, in the end I'm getting a message saying files did not install and to check the log file. I've got an Asus r9 280x. Control panel says "microsoft basic display adapter" under...