Windows 10: Failed driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - Error 0x80246002

Discus and support Failed driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - Error 0x80246002 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, First time poster, advanced thanks for any help *Smile Well here is the story: My PC suffered a crash playing world of warships.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Caversham, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Caversham Win User

Failed driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - Error 0x80246002

Hi all,

First time poster, advanced thanks for any help *Smile

Well here is the story: My PC suffered a crash playing world of warships. Initially it failed to re-boot and just blue screened, thankfully second time round it got far enough that I could load my last restore point. However once it then booted correctly my graphics were all basic (large icons, low resolution etc). None of my games - total war, world of warships would run correctly.

So I tired installing the Nvidia GE force generic driver. This got about half way through installation before crashing and blue screening my PC (again <Sigh>). I then tried running DDU and installing the GTX 560 driver manually but with the same result.

I read around a few forums, made sure I had uninstalled all Nvidia software and manually deleted the registry entries for Nvidia before trying a clean manual install again. Sadly the same result. I waited each time for the Windows 10 updater to try to install the driver before I tried my manual install to avoid a clash.

Now in parrallel with my failed efforts the Windows 10 updater has gamefully been trying to download the three updates below and failing each time:

'There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - Error 0x80246002

NVIDIA Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - NVIDIA High Definition Audio - Error 0x80246002

NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - Error 0x80246002

I 'think' the old error code, '0x80246002' indicates a registry clash? But really I am out of ideas at this point and any help or pointers will be gratefully received please?

:)

Caversham, Jan 5, 2017
  2. kenny4221 Win User

Nvidia GTX 980 Driver Issues

So I've been trying to get my drivers installed for my GTX 980 after upgrading to Win 10 and it's not happening. I've tried going through GeForce Experience, it says "Sorry GeForce could not find a driver for this PC". I've tried installing the newest
    driver manually, and it fails the install process every time. I've tried doing it through Windows Update and it fails there as well giving me a message saying "NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Error 0x80070425". It's really annoying me as
    I'm an avid gamer. Please help.

kenny4221, Jan 5, 2017
  3. ACESsiggy Win User
    Missing coprocessor in Windows 10

Similar issue but this is under "Other devices" for what he's referring to this Coprocessor. My Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 is installed and updated to the latest driver version but it's under "display adapters". So I guess what he and I'm wondering is "other
    devices" and coprocessor ....

ACESsiggy, Jan 5, 2017
  4. Failed driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - Error 0x80246002

That's a sign of a dead GPU.

RoasterMen, Jan 5, 2017
  5. essenbe Win User
    Try going to Control Panel > uninstall programs and uninstall all elements of Nvidia graphics drivers (Ge force, HDMI, USB, Phys X) but, Make sure to uninstall the Graphics driver last. Reboot and Windows should install a graphics driver for you.

If that does not work, go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers and download the latest WHQL driver. When you install select custom install. Make sure the 'Clean Install' box is checked. Also uncheck everything except the Graphics driver and the Phys X driver. See if either of those work for you.

essenbe, Jan 5, 2017
  6. Caversham Win User
    Thanks for the advice, I already deleted all the NVIDIA driver elements (though I can't recall in what order tbh).

Install just crashed again when I tried only installing the driver phys x <sad face>.

I think the card itself is borked sadly.

Ho-hum, time for a new card I guess.

Thanks both.

Caversham, Jan 6, 2017
  7. You can still have that card repaired but the life span would be around a month.

RoasterMen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Failed driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - Error 0x80246002

1. Failed driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - Error 0x80246002 - Similar Threads - Failed driver update

2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43: I was working and all of a sudden the resolution on my computer went down. Looking at the device manager I found my graphics card with the code 43. I've updated the driversthe one below is the latest one but, nothing gets fixed is there anything that could fix this?...
  3. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43: I was working and all of a sudden the resolution on my computer went down. Looking at the device manager I found my graphics card with the code 43. I've updated the driversthe one below is the latest one but, nothing gets fixed is there anything that could fix this?...
  4. How to fix issue with Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 error

How to fix issue with Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 error: My display settings are all messed up and colour is off due to my computer turning off my graphics card. The issue I am getting is Device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1201&SUBSYS_14693842&REV_A1\4&80e7924&0&0008 requires further installation. but when I click update driver it says...
  5. Nvidia Geforce GTX 880M not recognized by the device manager or the Nvidia driver setup

Nvidia Geforce GTX 880M not recognized by the device manager or the Nvidia driver setup: Hi everyone! Recently I started getting frequent BSODs with the error message Video TDR Failureso I looked it up and followed a tutorial that claimed to fix the issue. https://www.iobit.com/en/knowledge-fix-nvidia-nvlddmkm.sys-blue-screen-error-13.php After uninstalling my...
  6. Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?: I have a Surface Book 2 and it uses the GTX 1060 and Intel UHD Graphics 620. When I look at the drivers on the NVIDIA website and my own drivers for the 1060, it seems I'm out of date. I'm wondering if I need the NVIDIA app or if I can update these drivers through Device...
  7. Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?

Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?: I have a Surface Book 2 and it uses the GTX 1060 and Intel UHD Graphics 620. When I look at the drivers on the NVIDIA website and my own drivers for the 1060, it seems I'm out of date. I'm wondering if I need the NVIDIA app or if I can update these drivers through Device...
  8. Nvidia GeForce 560 Problem!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia GeForce 560 Problem!: Greetings!a few days my monitor started to suddenly to randomly turn off and i had to move my mouse a lot to turn it back on, but this thing was repeating like 3-5 times a day. At first i thought it was because of a Chrome update, but later i saw that same thing is happening...
  9. NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gaming Celebration Livestream

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gaming Celebration Livestream: Watch NVIDIA’s Ultimate GeForce GTX Gaming Event and GTX 1080 Ti Announcement / Livestream Here at 6:30 PM from GDC 2017. [MEDIA] Also view on Facebook: NVIDIA Unveils GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, World’s Fastest Gaming GPU “Are you ready?” NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun...
  10. NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080: [MEDIA] [IMG] Powered by Pascal Architecture, Delivers up to 2x Performance and 3X Efficiency of GeForce GTX TITAN X NVIDIA today announced the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 -- the first gaming GPU based on the company's new Pascal™ architecture -- providing up to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. geforce gtx 560 windows 10 error

2. geforce gtx 560 problem code 02B

3. Everytime win 10 install updates the nvidia driver failed to boot. what