Windows 10: FAILED File transfer between PCs

Discus and support FAILED File transfer between PCs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 1) Want to transfer files between PCs using ethernet (single owner/user, home LAN) 2) Absolutely delighted [not!] by ~ twenty-five (25) step 'simple'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sookie(2), Sep 29, 2019.

1. sookie(2) Win User

FAILED File transfer between PCs

1) Want to transfer files between PCs using ethernet (single owner/user, home LAN)

2) Absolutely delighted [not!] by ~ twenty-five (25) step 'simple' process required ... ARRGGGGH!

3) Survived hoop-jumping up to "enter credentials for PC access" (or some such $#%#^)

4) Since I use access # Code on Win 10 PC, and have never required credentials on Win 8.1 PC ... nowWTH?

Attempted using my actual LAN password, which - of course - Failed!?

5) Attempted checking LastPass for usable credentials - but with no ethernet-router connection*.... (now between PCs)

6) Finally attempted "Turn off password protected sharing", except Save Changes is consistently greyed-out!? WTH? ARRGGGGH!

7) Any helpful & relevant suggestions??

* No Wi-Fi on Win 8.1 PC

:)

sookie(2), Sep 29, 2019
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Steevo Win User
    Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Sep 29, 2019
  4. everest Win User

Remote File transfer ?

A simple solution is RAVE from www.randmsoft.com. I use it to transfer files and put files onto my home PC when I'm in a remote location. I also launch batch files (totally into media centre!). The program has various functionality and is quick to respond. It works on Windows OS.

everest, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. FAILED File transfer between PCs - Similar Threads - FAILED File transfer

2. Transfer forza horizon 5 between PCs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transfer forza horizon 5 between PCs: I recently bought forza horizon 5 premium edition and i cant download it on my main PC, but i can download it on my laptop. I wanted to ask if it is possible to download it on my laptop and transfer it to my PC. Thanks, any information helps....
  3. Transfer forza horizon 5 between PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer forza horizon 5 between PCs: I recently bought forza horizon 5 premium edition and i cant download it on my main PC, but i can download it on my laptop. I wanted to ask if it is possible to download it on my laptop and transfer it to my PC. Thanks, any information helps....
  4. Transfer forza horizon 5 between PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File sharing between Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing between Windows 10 PCs: Used to be able to share files between a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 7 PC, but it doesn't work now that I upgraded the Windows 7 to Windows 10. Tried to share the Users folder with Everybody, but got a message that the files could not be shared. How do I fix?...
  6. File copying between PCs

File copying between PCs: I am running Windows 10 with latest updates on a HP desktop and a Lenovo notepad. I would like to be able to copy folders between the two computers over wifi. How can I do this?...
  7. LAN file transfer very slow between two PCs

LAN file transfer very slow between two PCs: I'm trying to transfer videos and photos from my old PC to the new but the transfer rate is very slow. I have a gigabit router and both PCs are wired. Sometimes it gets to around 900Mbps then drops down to 50Mbps or even zero. Both PCs are on Windows 10 Pro 1809. So far I...
  8. Slow Data Transfer Speeds in Home Network Between PCs

Slow Data Transfer Speeds in Home Network Between PCs: I'm wondering if there's any way I can increase the data transfer speed between 2 of my computers on my wireless network. I'm seeing about 1.25MB/s according to the box that shows you the speed/duration of a file transfer. I'd love to even triple this tiny speed because I am...
  9. Best way to transfer files and programs between two Win 10 PCs?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best way to transfer files and programs between two Win 10 PCs?: I just received a new Win 10 PC with a 500 Gb SSD for my primary drive (OS and programs) and an internal 1Tb conventional HDD for my data (library). I would like to transfer my programs and files from my existing Win 10 PC to my new PC. My existing PC has two conventional...
  10. Problem when transfering files between two PCs via external hard disks

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem when transfering files between two PCs via external hard disks: Hello I am a having a strange problem when i transfer files between my 2 PCs via external hard disk. I am using the word "strange" because for example : 1)I save some files from PC 1 to the external hard disk. 2) After saving the files i run chkdsk for both the...