Windows 10: failed folder move

Discus and support failed folder move in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I attempted to move a folder with sub folders from C drive to a USB drive on windows 10. Main folder did not move, first 2 folders moved with files but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BSting, Nov 10, 2018.

1. BSting Win User

failed folder move

I attempted to move a folder with sub folders from C drive to a USB drive on windows 10. Main folder did not move, first 2 folders moved with files but folders after only moved folder but no files? They say empty folder, on C drive one folder remains inside attempted folder and it is empty as well. appears all files are gone. folders are on the USB but not the main folder they were in at move request. Can my files be recovered?

:)

BSting, Nov 10, 2018

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused failed folder move :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well failed folder move :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 10, 2018
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. failed folder move

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

failed folder move

1. failed folder move - Similar Threads - failed folder move

2. Move Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Folder: I had moved folders such as those of 'One Drive', 'Google Drive' and '.pst files folder of MS outlook', to another drive without any issues so far.Now I want to move the data folder, including downloads, of 'WhatsApp' desktop to another drive.I always use WhatsApp desktop...
  3. Move Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Folder: I had moved folders such as those of 'One Drive', 'Google Drive' and '.pst files folder of MS outlook', to another drive without any issues so far.Now I want to move the data folder, including downloads, of 'WhatsApp' desktop to another drive.I always use WhatsApp desktop...
  4. Move Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. moving folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moving folders: This is no doubt an easy, perhaps even stupid, question. I want to move a very large folder pictures from the small C drive on my computer to the D drive, which is much larger. With windows 10 and previous iterations of windows, this was easy; there was an option on the...
  6. moving folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    moving folders: This is no doubt an easy, perhaps even stupid, question. I want to move a very large folder pictures from the small C drive on my computer to the D drive, which is much larger. With windows 10 and previous iterations of windows, this was easy; there was an option on the...
  7. Moving download folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving download folder: Hi, I have moved the download folder (win10, 2004) from the C drive to a backup drive and now I have 2 download folders. When I delete files/folders in the original folder on C it also deletes the same files in the moved folder on the backup drive. Why is that? 159630
  8. Folder move

Folder move: Hi, I was moving a large folder to a different location on the same drive at work but had to leave for the weekend before it finished. I paused the operation and left my computer on but locked, thinking I would just resume it on monday. What would happen if someone turned the...
  9. moving photos in a folder

moving photos in a folder: how does one rearranging photos in a windows 10 folders ? I could do it in vista.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-photos-in-a-folder/d3fbc004-3dd2-4bba-8ac2-4b185f8de5f6"
  10. Moving Games Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Games Folder: I have a games folder on my C drive, with loads of games in, I want to move it to another drive, how do I move it so that all the links/icons are still active? 85121