Windows 10: Failed Hard drive/ Windows serial number

Discus and support Failed Hard drive/ Windows serial number in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC's hard drive has bit the dust and i cannot remember where my serial number is. Is there a way to get my serial number online??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gavinpotter, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Failed Hard drive/ Windows serial number

My PC's hard drive has bit the dust and i cannot remember where my serial number is. Is there a way to get my serial number online??

:)

gavinpotter, Oct 17, 2018

2. After installation, hard drives display same serial number

Microsoft thinks 2 hard drives on same computer are same hard drive.- Original Title

I have 4 hard drives in my computer with 1 OS loaded on each one.

Two Hard Drives have Windows 10 on them.

One Hard drive is Windows 8 upgraded to Windows 10.

One Hard drive is Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10.

But on my Microsoft Account it says:

For Windows 7 Upgrade:

• DESKTOP-5NKAE33
    • MacPro4,1
      • Serial #: H09292S84PD
      • Windows 10 Professional (10.0.10586.420)
    For Windows 8 Upgrade:

• MacPro
    • MacPro4,1
      • Serial #: H09292S84PD
      • Windows 10 Professional (10.0.10586.420)

Do you see they have the SAME SERIAL NUMBER? How is this even remotely possible?

RichardGilbertson, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 17, 2018
  4. 'Mike P Win User

Failed Hard drive/ Windows serial number

After installation, hard drives display same serial number

Its not your hard drive serial, its the activation identifying the serial id number from your motherboard.

Might look in your bios setup, my laptop motherboard serial is on the first page there and in my account.Microsoft.com

'Mike P, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Failed Hard drive/ Windows serial number

1. Failed Hard drive/ Windows serial number - Similar Threads - Failed Hard drive

2. Windows serial number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows serial number: Hi, last week i bought a new laptop with DOS so i installed Windows 11 and then i I bought actiavion key online. I activeted windows, everything went good but laptop started to get BSOD atleast once evry 30-60 minutes so i sended it back to the store and apperently it was...
  3. Windows serial number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows serial number: Hi, last week i bought a new laptop with DOS so i installed Windows 11 and then i I bought actiavion key online. I activeted windows, everything went good but laptop started to get BSOD atleast once evry 30-60 minutes so i sended it back to the store and apperently it was...
  4. serial number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    serial number?: My laptop has burned and I can't access it. How can I get my serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number/7195148e-b721-4d0d-8153-ae3cd7d7a609
  5. serial number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    serial number?: My laptop has burned and I can't access it. How can I get my serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number/7195148e-b721-4d0d-8153-ae3cd7d7a609
  6. serial number?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Remove Serial number

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Serial number: Random question, does anyone know how to brute remove a serial number off a PC? ( I mean the devices factory serial number) submitted by /u/Natural_Cockroach732 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqnv0l/remove_serial_number/
  8. TRACKING WITH SERIAL NUMBER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TRACKING WITH SERIAL NUMBER: I am Hussain Shihabdeen from Qatar Recently i lost my laptop Dell Latitude E6430 device i have only serial number of the laptop how to track the location with serial number. i mean is there any methods to get notification from the device when connect to internet i haven't...
  9. Windows 10 Serial Number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Serial Number: Just bought an SSD, planning on reinstalling Win10 on it. I can't use CMD, so... Is the "Product ID" the same as the Serial number/Product key? Edit: Solved, thanks to everyone...
  10. Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows: How to: Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows How to Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows [img] Information Sometimes abbreviated as Serial No., SN or S/N, a serial number is a unique number assigned to the PC by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get serial number of failed hard drive