Windows 10: Failed HDD won't allow me to install Visual Studio

Discus and support Failed HDD won't allow me to install Visual Studio in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had a hard drive fail on me a couple months ago. It's removed from my system and no longer shows up in disk management or any other place. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nilgoc, May 20, 2020.

1. /u/nilgoc Win User

Failed HDD won't allow me to install Visual Studio

I had a hard drive fail on me a couple months ago. It's removed from my system and no longer shows up in disk management or any other place. However, I'm currently having an issue with installing Visual Studio 2019. Under the installation location, one of the locations it wants to install to is my D: drive, which is the one that failed and is no longer in my system. The option to change directories is greyed out, so I just can't install it. Does anyone know what I can do to solve this?

submitted by /u/nilgoc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nilgoc, May 20, 2020
  2. Linney Win User

visual studio

If you start uninstalling bits and pieces then some parts of the program, or older programs, may fail to work properly. Did you select all these so called extras or were they installed automatically. If the latter then you may need them?

Visual Studio 2015 System Requirements

Visual Studio 2013 System Requirements

"In Visual Studio 2015, Visual C++ is not installed by default. When installing, be sure to choose Custom installation and then choose the C++ components you require. Or, if Visual Studio is already installed, choose File | New | Project | C++ and you will
    be prompted to install the necessary components."

Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2015

Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2015

Make the Visual Studio installer more customizable

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/...the-visual-studio-installer-more-customizable

Linney, May 20, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Visual Studio folder

Hi Redzinahmc

No problem, it is just Visual Studio must be installed on the SSD, you can install other games or applications on the HDD to make room for Visual Studio . . .

DaveM121, May 20, 2020
  4. Amol S. Win User

Visual Studio (.NET Framework)

Do you still have the Visual Studio Installer or Visual Studio Manager still installed?

If you have it still installed and it opens up correctly, you could try removing all additional packages that are installed, and try reinstalling them again. It could have been a corruption issue relating to package extensions that you may have installed
    into Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition. If that does not work, go to apps in settings, and select Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition and select repair. If that does not work, you could try going to TechNet, and asking there for help. It could be a
    bug with the current version of the .NET Framework 48 or with the recent version of Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition.

If you can not find Visual Studio Installer or Visual Studio Manager, unfortunately in this situation the only thing I can think of is if you still have the installation file that you downloaded from the Visual Studio website. If you can't find that, then
    I suggest that you download Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition, since the 2017 Community edition is not given for free anymore unless you have some sort of subscription. However, I suggest that you still check with TechNet before taking this step.

Amol S., May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Failed HDD won't allow me to install Visual Studio - Similar Threads - Failed HDD won't

2. Microsoft won't let me install Microsoft software including Visual Studio and Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft won't let me install Microsoft software including Visual Studio and Windows...: I'm frustrated because it won't let me update my windows and an app tells me to update windows to latest version, but I can't. However, when I use VPN the windows update installation works, and I can finally install Visual Studio. Is this related to my IP....
  3. Microsoft won't let me install Microsoft software including Visual Studio and Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft won't let me install Microsoft software including Visual Studio and Windows...: I'm frustrated because it won't let me update my windows and an app tells me to update windows to latest version, but I can't. However, when I use VPN the windows update installation works, and I can finally install Visual Studio. Is this related to my IP....
  4. Microsoft won't let me install Microsoft software including Visual Studio and Windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. visual studio installation error:

visual studio installation error:: Hi everyone! Im facing problem in visual studio installlation as everytime it gives error "this product is not supported by this version of window".currently im using windows 10pro and i have also updated as per visual studio suggestion but could get solve it>...
  6. Can’t install Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t install Visual Studio: Good evening to the community,I am currently trying to install Visual Studio Community 2022 on a Windows 10 Enterprise machine. It is running the newest version of Windows. When trying to install it from the Microsoft Store it says that my organization used Windows App...
  7. Can’t install Visual Studio

Can’t install Visual Studio: Good evening to the community,I am currently trying to install Visual Studio Community 2022 on a Windows 10 Enterprise machine. It is running the newest version of Windows. When trying to install it from the Microsoft Store it says that my organization used Windows App...
  8. Visual Studio 2022 -> Tried to install Microsoft.DataTools.AnalysisServices.vsix fails with...

Visual Studio 2022 -> Tried to install Microsoft.DataTools.AnalysisServices.vsix fails with...: HiI am logged into this platform with my personal MS account however I am on client site for work using their VS2022 pro licence.I tried to run Microsoft.DataTools.AnalysisServices.vsix as I need tools to connect to a server-side Analysis Services in order to create and...
  9. Installation of visual studio.

Installation of visual studio.: Please someone ask me how to install visual studio. And prepare it for c/c++ Programming. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-visual-studio/b2351f20-7e97-44c7-81dd-655150b1e976
  10. Visual Studio Installer

Visual Studio Installer: I noticed this after clicked Visual Studio Installer on screen that is taking forever. Is that normal for this " fetching your files " So far already have 1.67 MB downloading of 67.25 MB. Is there another way to install quicker than this. More likely will see this a whole day...