Windows 10: Failed install of Xbox app game left undeletable files WindowsApps. Any advice?

Discus and support Failed install of Xbox app game left undeletable files WindowsApps. Any advice? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; There is a 30 gb file under the WindowsApss folder that belongs to Dragon Quest XI that I uninstalled several months ago, and I'm certain because after... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RuyShine, Jun 11, 2021.

1. RuyShine Win User

Failed install of Xbox app game left undeletable files WindowsApps. Any advice?

There is a 30 gb file under the WindowsApss folder that belongs to Dragon Quest XI that I uninstalled several months ago, and I'm certain because after trying several programs to remove it I only managed to remove some registries off the computer and they still referenced the game. It's impossible to change permission of the folder, everything greys out after trying to change owner under the advanced security settings, tried reinstalling the game and uninstalling it and that didn't work either. I've tried every solution people with similar problems used but it jsut doesn't work.

:)

RuyShine, Jun 11, 2021
  2. ZomBrony Win User

Nonexistent file undeletable from Games Explorer.

To give some more info on this, the undeletable file is left over from trying to uninstall TERA. It even shows up in Games Explorer as a missing file, but I can't figure out how to delete it. Hence, I'm just assuming there is no way. I already did a bunch of poking around and I couldn't find anything, but it seems like there really has to be a way to do this. The only question is, how?

Failed install of Xbox app game left undeletable files WindowsApps. Any advice? [​IMG]

ZomBrony, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Need to fix XBOX game dvr or suggestions for a recording software just like xbox game dvr

To further troubleshoot your concern, w suggest that you run the Windows App Troubleshooter from this link. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue, follow the steps below to reset the Windows Store cache and update Xbox App.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard. 
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter. 
    • Close the Command prompt, and then launch Windows Store. 
    • Update the Xbox App in the Windows Store.  
    • If there is no option for you to update it, uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Please make sure that the record option for Game DVR on the Xbox App is enabled. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Xbox App.
    • On the left pane, click the gear icon to view Settings.
    • Select Game DVR.
    • Make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is
      On.
    • Check if your Keyboard shortcuts are accurate to the one that you are using.
    • Click Save if you made any changes.

Keep us posted.

Loraine Mon, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Failed install of Xbox app game left undeletable files WindowsApps. Any advice? - Similar Threads - Failed install Xbox

2. xbox app this location isn't setup for installing games - to any drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox app this location isn't setup for installing games - to any drive: Has anyone found the solution to the Xbox app error that wont allow you to install any games!Honestly the Xbox App is useless, has Microsoft ever used Steam? I've tried the usual, re-installing the App and Gaming Service, permissions, etc - same issue....
  3. xbox app this location isn't setup for installing games - to any drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox app this location isn't setup for installing games - to any drive: Has anyone found the solution to the Xbox app error that wont allow you to install any games!Honestly the Xbox App is useless, has Microsoft ever used Steam? I've tried the usual, re-installing the App and Gaming Service, permissions, etc - same issue....
  4. File undeletable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File undeletable: The file I want to delete is undeletable and I don't have any program that uses that folder. I tried to use CMD but doesn't workPlz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-undeletable/e6631877-5062-4719-8689-96a749a001e8
  5. File undeletable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File undeletable: The file I want to delete is undeletable and I don't have any program that uses that folder. I tried to use CMD but doesn't workPlz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-undeletable/e6631877-5062-4719-8689-96a749a001e8
  6. File undeletable

7. WindowsApps Game folder can't be deleted after game disappeared from XBox App and App...

WindowsApps Game folder can't be deleted after game disappeared from XBox App and App...: I can't delete a folder in WindowsApps. I have a GamePass and an installed game, recently it just disappered from the Xbox App but it just disappeared in the overview. The physical data is still located in the WindowsApp folder...22GB:I tried to reinstall the game, didn't...
  8. Xbox Game pass WindowsApps folder help

Xbox Game pass WindowsApps folder help: Hello I am having an issue with my computer. I used to have the xbox game pass beta installed on my pc and it created a windows apps folder to store the games. some stuff happened to my pcs performance so i reset my pc but kept my files. The game pass beta app was deleted but...
  9. undelete a file

undelete a file: I deleted a file while I was trying to move it to a different folder. Is it possible to recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undelete-a-file/26990f6f-3499-41b8-9ef3-5d57cab56ff9"
  10. Nonexistent file undeletable from Games Explorer.

Nonexistent file undeletable from Games Explorer.: To give some more info on this, the undeletable file is left over from trying to uninstall TERA. It even shows up in Games Explorer as a missing file, but I can't figure out how to delete it. Hence, I'm just assuming there is no way. I already did a bunch of poking around and...