Windows 10: failed installation after ssd upgrade

Discus and support failed installation after ssd upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I upgraded my Dell all in one PC to ssd, and then i installed windows through a usb flash drive, after the installation windows restarted and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Meilech, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Meilech Win User

failed installation after ssd upgrade

Hi

I upgraded my Dell all in one PC to ssd, and then i installed windows through a usb flash drive, after the installation windows restarted and then stayed by the opening page where it says dell... it would not move to startup....

i tried restarting it a couple times, tried to reinstall windows, tried to download a new copy of windows.

any advice how to proceed?

:)

Meilech, Aug 13, 2019
  2. BUG
    bug Win User

Ssd upgrade

What do you mean "no good"? At which step did it fail?

3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Aug 13, 2019
  4. failed installation after ssd upgrade

Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC?
    There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD on a Laptop PC that was previously upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade just prior to the free upgrade becoming unavailable. About 6 months ago intermittent weird problems began to appear and with the help of various support groups and Windows Community we came to the conclusion that the HDD needed to be replaced(failed Seagate's drive test) with an SSD (My Choice) and a clean install of Windows 10(corrupted data files in the OS).
    I was given a URL to download and burn to DVD an ISO file of Windows 10 PRO 64bit OS. I purchased a 240GB Sandisk SSD. I don't need to partition this drive as the single C: partition is adequate for size and speed.
    Is there a step by step procedure listed somewhere that preps(formats?) the SSD using disk management for Windows 10 and then using the ISO file that I burned to a DVD, installs Windows 10 on to my SSD? I am not familiar with ISO files and am assuming that is something that is sent to you to boot from and install from when you order SW from MS.

RogerAttila, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

failed installation after ssd upgrade

1. failed installation after ssd upgrade - Similar Threads - failed installation ssd

2. Window 11 installation after HDD to SSD upgradation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 installation after HDD to SSD upgradation: hi, I am using a windows 10 home version and recently I got update notification to change my OS to Windows 11. But since I am planning to change my HDD to SSD, I would like to know whether I can install Windows 11 directly after hard disk updation. If so how can I install...
  3. Window 11 installation after HDD to SSD upgradation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 installation after HDD to SSD upgradation: hi, I am using a windows 10 home version and recently I got update notification to change my OS to Windows 11. But since I am planning to change my HDD to SSD, I would like to know whether I can install Windows 11 directly after hard disk updation. If so how can I install...
  4. Upgrade install fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade install fails: Trying to repair daughters laptop Win10 updates have failed for 2 years and every boot takes 10 minutes of heavy activity before it is usable. Attempts of "Troubleshooting" to repair updates have failed, which implied some files are corrupted. Tried suggested delete update...
  5. After Upgrading SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After Upgrading SSD: So i wanted to update to a bigger SSD from 500gigs to 1TB, i saved all my stuff with the windows manager, changed the SSD and made a windows boot USB, installed it, everything seemed to work, but then i couldn't transfer all files from the old ssd, the most important parts...
  6. Fail to install 2004 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fail to install 2004 upgrade: Hello, I am still on windows version 1909! and windows update don't propose 2004 upgrade ,it says " you are up to date " So I tried both " Media control tool 2004" and "Windows10upgrade9252" but at the end of all the process I always get this message "Installation program...
  7. Upgrading laptop to SSD after Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrading laptop to SSD after Windows 10 installation: Hello all, I have a Dell laptop, XPS L501X, and have just upgraded it to Windows 10 (v 1903). The computer is 64bit, 8GB installed RAM, Intel i5 CPU and bought in 2011/12. All seems to be going surprisingly well and I feel the upgrade has given the computer a new...
  8. Upgrade to 18922 repeatedly fails after long installation

Upgrade to 18922 repeatedly fails after long installation: I'm stuck on 18908, which I need to upgrade as I've not gotten the GSOD on that build more than half a dozen times (lost count). But Windows Update continues to try to update to 18922, and each time it tries to download and install it ends and rolls back to 18908 with no...
  9. Install W10 on new SSD Failing

Install W10 on new SSD Failing: I have a Sony Vaio laptop (VPCYB15KX), a bit old but working nonetheless currently running Windows 7 Home Premium and works fine, but is quite slow so I decided to upgrade to an SSD. Picked up a crucial MX200 250 GB SSD and was going to upgrade to Windows 10 (fresh install)...
  10. Install after upgrading to SSD drive

Install after upgrading to SSD drive: I have a desktop one with windows 10 and the other with windows 7. I like to install a SSD drive on the window 7 PC and put 7 back on or if i have to install windows 10. Does anyone have any idea what the best way to go about this. I wanted to keep one of my pc with windows 7...