Windows 10: Failed message when trying to Boot Camp Windows 10 on iMac (5k, 27inch, late 2015)

Discus and support Failed message when trying to Boot Camp Windows 10 on iMac (5k, 27inch, late 2015) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't understand what I need to do to fix this, I tried a Boot Camp Assistance Converter but it says I need 10.12 version to use it but my iMac is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/boon-boons, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Failed message when trying to Boot Camp Windows 10 on iMac (5k, 27inch, late 2015)

I don't understand what I need to do to fix this, I tried a Boot Camp Assistance Converter but it says I need 10.12 version to use it but my iMac is 10.11.6 version.

submitted by /u/boon-boons
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/boon-boons, Oct 30, 2019
  2. menloe24 Win User

Windows 10 (x64) Enterpise Install on Late Sept 2012 iMac Boot Camp Partition - No Bluetooth

Thank you. I found the solution. I had to install the correct version of Boot Camp drivers. The correct version for my Lat2 2012 27inch iMac was BootCamp5.1.5621. Once installed, everything works great!!

The key takeaway is make sure you find the right version of Boot Camp that goes with your iMac. The wrong version will tell you is wasn't for your Apple imac model.

menloe24, Oct 30, 2019
  3. menloe24 Win User
    Windows 10 (x64) Enterpise Install on Late Sept 2012 iMac Boot Camp Partition - No Bluetooth

I upgraded my late Sept 2012 27inch iMac Windows 8.1 (x64) Boot Camp to Windows 10 Enterprise (x64). My Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth Mouse no longer works, or can be recognized by the system. My Apple bluetooth mouse and keyboard still work.

Anyone else have this issue, and have any ideas on to get Winows 10 to recognize my bluetooth mouse? I have tried pairing mode, etc.

menloe24, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Failed message when trying to Boot Camp Windows 10 on iMac (5k, 27inch, late 2015)

XBox Streaming to iMac Retina 5k in VMWare Fusion 8

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 in VMWare Fusion 8 on an iMac Retina 5K. XBox streaming works great when the Windows resolution is set to 2560x1440. Fusion 8 has added retina support to the 5K iMac, and allows Windows to run at 5120x2880 with a scaled interface beautifully.
    However, enabling retina support breaks the XBox streaming feature:

- XBox One shows up in the XBox app

- Able to click on the "Stream" button to initiate streaming

- The streaming loading screen scrolls up, shows "Connecting..." then "Connected!"

- Entire Windows 10 screen is greyed but the XBox interface is not shown. The other streaming interface elements are present and working (top streaming menu with 'home', 'microphone', 'stop streaming', etc buttons)

Wondering if anyone else with a 5K iMac is having this issue. Is there a maximum PC screen resolution with which the streaming feature inherently works? Does it work in Parallels at 5K? Or is this a bug/issue with the VMWare Fusion product? I don't have
    Windows to run in Boot Camp to compare how it works natively on the hardware without virtualization.

YosukeMatsumura, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Failed message when trying to Boot Camp Windows 10 on iMac (5k, 27inch, late 2015)

1. Failed message when trying to Boot Camp Windows 10 on iMac (5k, 27inch, late 2015) - Similar Threads - Failed message trying

2. Booting Windows 10 on iMac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting Windows 10 on iMac: So I've been doing a lot of research and finally been able to boot my iMac into Windows 10. But when I choose my language and press INSTALL NOW it tells me it can't find drivers, and I've downloaded some from BootCamp and other sites and checked to see if they were the right...
  3. Booting Windows 10 on iMac

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Booting Windows 10 on iMac: So I've been doing a lot of research and finally been able to boot my iMac into Windows 10. But when I choose my language and press INSTALL NOW it tells me it can't find drivers, and I've downloaded some from BootCamp and other sites and checked to see if they were the right...
  4. Apple iMac 2019 with Boot Camp and Windows 10, Bluescreen "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT...

Apple iMac 2019 with Boot Camp and Windows 10, Bluescreen "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT...: Hello, Apple iMac 2019 with Boot Camp and Windows 10 showed several Bluescreens these days. The latest one from : "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED What failed: atikmdag.sys" Hardware/Configuration Overview GPU / Graphics Card: Radeon Pro Vega 48 CPU / Processor:...
  5. Apple iMac 2019 with Boot Camp and Windows 10 doesn't show SD Card reader.

Apple iMac 2019 with Boot Camp and Windows 10 doesn't show SD Card reader.: Hello, on an Apple iMac 2019 with Boot Camp and Windows 10 the SD Card reader does not show, no matter if an SD Card is inserted or not. On macOS it shows if a SD Card with FAT32 or NTFS is inserted. In Windows 10 Device Manager there are no unknown devices or devices...
  6. IMac no longer boots MacOs after changing hard drives and boot camp Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IMac no longer boots MacOs after changing hard drives and boot camp Windows?: Howdy, folks, I have an IMac from 2011, which I gave a few years ago using Bootcamp Windows. I know, mortal sin yes yes. But that is not the point. Yesterday I replaced my main hard drive with an SSD, the SSD of course previously cloned (via Windows), I think he just...
  7. Installing Windows 10 on Apple iMac using Boot Camp - Are there still problems with this?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on Apple iMac using Boot Camp - Are there still problems with this?: I want to use Boot Camp to download Windows 10 to my 2017 iMac. I have plenty of disc space and have the latest version of Mohave. I Googled to see if there may be problems with this and found this discussion. Are there still issues like this or have they been resolved?...
  8. MacBook Pro running Windows 10 boot camp with Thunderbolt 3 and LG Ultrafine 5k display not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MacBook Pro running Windows 10 boot camp with Thunderbolt 3 and LG Ultrafine 5k display not...: I have a 2017 Macbook Pro with Thunderbolt 3 running Windows 10 Professional most up to date version in Boot Camp environment ("bare metal" not a VM) I have an LG Ultrafine 5k display connected with a Thunderbolt 3 cable. I can not get the display to work correctly in...
  9. Boot camp problem on imac os x 11.7 with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot camp problem on imac os x 11.7 with windows 10: I have Windows 10 and el capitan on my imac. el capitan works great but win 10 time doesn't stay correct and volume doesn't work. The problem doesn't seem to be fixable in Settings or with updates....
  10. Windows 10 on MBP Late '11 no audio with Boot Camp drivers?

Windows 10 on MBP Late '11 no audio with Boot Camp drivers?: So I decided to install Windows 10, and there's no audio. So I went into device manager, and I found a device named "High Definition Audio Controller" and it states it has error code 10. I can't find much about this, and I need help. I have the hardware ID if that helps....