Windows 10: Failed PC start up

Discus and support Failed PC start up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay,So I bought a PC second hand years back. It worked for a about a year then died after I wasn’t on it for 20 minutes. When I turned it on again I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Parkzee, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Parkzee Win User

Failed PC start up

Okay,So I bought a PC second hand years back. It worked for a about a year then died after I wasn’t on it for 20 minutes. When I turned it on again I was prompted with the“Your PC did not start correctly” screen. I tried multiple things back then to get it to work but it didn’t. So I stored it away and found it again a day ago. So I thought I’d give it a crack again. No prevail. It is in a endless loopDoesn’t start correctly.I try anything Anything I try “did not work correctly”i can’t access the command prompt as I need a password to do so. But remembering my password is beyond me at this poi

:)

Parkzee, Jun 23, 2022

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 23, 2022
  4. IggSter Win User

Failed PC start up

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Failed PC start up

1. Failed PC start up - Similar Threads - Failed start

2. This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed. ASUS Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed. ASUS Touchpad: I can not reactivate my touchpad.FA706IH is the model no.Things I Have tried-Uninstalling and reinstalling driver-Updating Driver-Disabling and Reenabling driver-Updating Windows-Resetting BIOSPlease help.Thanks....
  3. This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed. ASUS Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed. ASUS Touchpad: I can not reactivate my touchpad.FA706IH is the model no.Things I Have tried-Uninstalling and reinstalling driver-Updating Driver-Disabling and Reenabling driver-Updating Windows-Resetting BIOSPlease help.Thanks....
  4. How to fix failed start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix failed start: Every time I switch on my laptop it takes me to a black screen which says : windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.Choose, your language settings, and...
  5. How to fix failed start

How to fix failed start: Every time I switch on my laptop it takes me to a black screen which says : windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.Choose, your language settings, and...
  6. Applications .exe Fail to Start by Kernelbase.dll error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications .exe Fail to Start by Kernelbase.dll error: Hello technical team,I have encountered an issue as follows: The exe application I developed, when used with Windows 10 for a while, cannot be opened anymore. When I checked the Event Viewer, I saw an Application Error with KERNELBASE.dll. The detailed error is as follows:...
  7. Servers Fail to Start Properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Servers Fail to Start Properly.: After last update of Windows, I found my MySQL server can't start properly though I add it to Startup list. By following some tutorials on the internet, I found an application error occurs every time MySQL server try to start. also, module 'ntdll.dll' also cause other Startup...
  8. Servers Fail to Start Properly.

Servers Fail to Start Properly.: After last update of Windows, I found my MySQL server can't start properly though I add it to Startup list. By following some tutorials on the internet, I found an application error occurs every time MySQL server try to start. also, module 'ntdll.dll' also cause other Startup...
  9. Start Menu Experience Host Application Fails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Experience Host Application Fails: Hello,I have been having a problem with the StartMenuExperienceHost crashing when I click on Start then open an App from there. This did not seem to start until after the installation of Cumulative Update of KB5035941. Another thing I have noticed along with this and I do not...
  10. The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start

The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start: My computer has been restarting with no BSOD or warning whenever I try to play some more intense games, recently HellDivers 2.I noticed in the event log a couple of errors in the Event Viewer right before the most recent shutdown and addressed those but this one I am...