Windows 10: Failed pin setup

Discus and support Failed pin setup in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I changed my security setting on my laptop and restarted it, but when I try to log back in, it said that I need to set up a new pin cause I made... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ClaireEmperado, May 5, 2022.

1. Failed pin setup

I changed my security setting on my laptop and restarted it, but when I try to log back in, it said that I need to set up a new pin cause I made changes on my settings. So when I tried to set up my new pin, it always failed. Now, I can't use my laptop because it always asked me to setup my pin everytime I turn it back on. I couldn't get through my lockscreen. I tried restarting and reseting my pc and troubleshooting through command propmt, still I couldn't reset my pin.

:)

ClaireEmperado, May 5, 2022
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 5, 2022
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Can't Setup PIN in windows 10

Hi, Curtis.

Setting up a PIN is one of the options to increase the security level for your device. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Yashwanth Kotakuri on this
    thread to know more on how to setup a new PIN.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, May 5, 2022
  4. Failed pin setup

Login Setup won't take a PIN

Hi! When I try the first step (takeown) it worked just fine. But when I tried the second step (icacls) I got an error message "No mapping between account names and security ids was done.
    Successfully processed 0 files; Failed processing 1 files". How should I proceed?

EmersonOliveira1, May 5, 2022
Thema:

Failed pin setup

1. Failed pin setup - Similar Threads - Failed pin setup

2. What is this setup pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this setup pin: What is this **** setup pin to your computer ****.1 I want PC to start NOW2 I do not want passwords3 I do not want pins4 How to disable password asking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-setup-pin/e25f9b57-be02-416e-a995-29e953ce8e3f
  3. Failed pin setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed pin setup: I changed my security setting on my laptop and restarted it, but when I try to log back in, it said that I need to set up a new pin cause I made changes on my settings. So when I tried to set up my new pin, it always failed. Now, I can't use my laptop because it always asked...
  4. Failed pin setup

Failed pin setup: I changed my security setting on my laptop and restarted it, but when I try to log back in, it said that I need to set up a new pin cause I made changes on my settings. So when I tried to set up my new pin, it always failed. Now, I can't use my laptop because it always asked...
  5. Windows Hello for Business setup for PIN fails with error 0x80040154

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Hello for Business setup for PIN fails with error 0x80040154: [ATTACH]To protect your computer from unauthorized access, Windows employs several security features, and the first one you would usually encounter is the Windows login. In Windows 11 and Windows 10, Microsoft offers Windows Hello for even tighter security. With Windows...
  6. Hello Pin Setup

Hello Pin Setup: 1 I signed in to my Microsoft account on my laptop;2 After restarting, I was required to set up a hello pin;3 The pin was required not to be in pure digit format;4 But nothing could be typed in except for digits;5 The keyboard was fully functioning.Could anyone please help me...
  7. Hello Pin Setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Pin Setup: 1 I signed in to my Microsoft account on my laptop;2 After restarting, I was required to set up a hello pin;3 The pin was required not to be in pure digit format;4 But nothing could be typed in except for digits;5 The keyboard was fully functioning.Could anyone please help me...
  8. Hello Pin Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Unable to setup a PIN

Unable to setup a PIN: I am trying to login to my laptop. I recently changed my pin and updated the fingerprint sensor. I locked my laptop and when I went to sign-in again, my fingertip sensor stopped working and I am now prompted to sign-in with my pin. To do so, I am prompted to login to my...
  10. Hello PIN setup

Hello PIN setup: Having seg up a new Microsoft account on a new laptop, the laptop becomes stuck on the Hello PIN setup page - it doesn't allow me to setup a PIN and says there's a problem and also doesn't allow me to skip this process. I am unable to get past this and use the laptop at all....