Windows 10: Failed Recovery from Drive

Discus and support Failed Recovery from Drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In an attempt to get my PC healthy again, after a blue screen of death loop. I managed to get into safe mode and reset the system. This failed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RPC Inc., Mar 20, 2020.

1. RPC Inc. Win User

Failed Recovery from Drive

In an attempt to get my PC healthy again, after a blue screen of death loop. I managed to get into safe mode and reset the system. This failed and now I am unable to recover from a drive. The error screen states:

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.

File:\Boot\BCD

Error code" 0x000014c

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media like a disc or USB device, contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

I have a recovery disk but any attempt made to recover from it fails. Any thoughts?

RP

:)

RPC Inc., Mar 20, 2020

2. Recovery from failed hard drive

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions;

• What is the make and model of the hard drive?

• Did you get any error messages while using the failed hard drive?

• When you say failed hard drive, are you referring to external hard drive or internal hard drive?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, which explains about the recovery option in Windows 10 and check if it help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Mar 20, 2020
  4. NjnBat Win User

Recovery Drive Fail : Create a recovery drive fails in windows 10

I am using USB drive to create a recovery drive however it fails after running for 10 mins. I followed the instructions as per the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/create-a-recovery-drive

But i get a screen as below that doesn't have any error details but simple message which says "We can't create the recovery drive".

Any suggestions or help would be highly appreciated.

Failed Recovery from Drive a9192eb6-e58a-4312-b611-fe2311f2048f.png

NjnBat, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Failed Recovery from Drive - Similar Threads - Failed Recovery Drive

2. Windows 10 Credential Manager Recovery from Failed Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Credential Manager Recovery from Failed Drive: Hello,Is there any way to restore the saved web passwords and others from a failed Windows 10 driver? I have all the files on a backup drive and have reloaded windows to a new drive. The old OS is not bootable so cant export. There must be a way or a tool, just cant find...
  3. Windows 10 Credential Manager Recovery from Failed Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Credential Manager Recovery from Failed Drive: Hello,Is there any way to restore the saved web passwords and others from a failed Windows 10 driver? I have all the files on a backup drive and have reloaded windows to a new drive. The old OS is not bootable so cant export. There must be a way or a tool, just cant find...
  4. Windows 10 Credential Manager Recovery from Failed Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 Credential Manager Recovery from Failed Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Data Recovery from Bitlocker Encrypted Drive Fail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Data Recovery from Bitlocker Encrypted Drive Fail: Hi friends, I'm using Windows 10, Version10.0.18363 Build 18363 I'm in a bit of a jam. Thanks to a faulty USB cable, my 8TB external hard-drive disconnected while decrypting the data. And so now it's not accepting my password, which I know is correct. I get the first...
  7. Win 10 recovery from USB recovery drive failed at 75%

Win 10 recovery from USB recovery drive failed at 75%: I tried recovering to a new HD in my HP 8001 tower. It had been intermittently failing to boot Win 10 x64. The "recover from device" failed at 75% from the USB drive I had created with this PC. I tried a recovery USB made from a Win 10 x64 notebook with the same result. I...
  8. failed to create recovery drive

failed to create recovery drive: after copyinng part of windows recovery, i get a notice, error drive cannot be completed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-create-recovery-drive/ff6e76f8-322b-479d-8f32-3567f97a1656
  9. Fail to reload from recovery drive after erasing C:

Fail to reload from recovery drive after erasing C:: Asus laptop, originally Windows 8, upgraded to Windows 10. Needed to reset and erase my data so that it was safe to sell machine. Created bootable recovery disk on 32GB memory stick, made sure boot order put USB stick ahead of hard disk, then rebooted. Went to command prompt...
  10. Fail to roload from recovery drive after erasing C:

Fail to roload from recovery drive after erasing C:: Asus laptop, originally Windows 8, upgraded to Windows 10. Needed to reset and erase my data so that it was safe to sell machine. Created bootable recovery disk on 32GB memory stick, made sure boot order put USB stick ahead of hard disk, then rebooted. Went to command prompt...