Windows 10: Failed Redundancy on Mirrored drives

Discus and support Failed Redundancy on Mirrored drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two drives that are mirrored. Currently they both show a status of "Failed Redundancy Page File". Both drives show that they are Online and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GaleIverson, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Failed Redundancy on Mirrored drives

I have two drives that are mirrored. Currently they both show a status of "Failed Redundancy Page File". Both drives show that they are Online and present there is no indication of why the redundancy has failed. What is the best course of action to get back to a "Healthy" condition and get the volume operating properly again with out loosing any data?

:)

GaleIverson, Jan 31, 2020

2. Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The cause for Failed Redundancy would be that half, but not both halves, of a mirrored volume was imported. In Disk Management, the imported half of the mirrored volume receives Failed Redundancy status, while the disk that holds the
    half of the mirror that was not imported receives Missing status. You can import the Missing disk at a later time to restore redundancy.

The solution for Failed Redundancy is to move all disks that span this volume to the new computer at the same time, and then import all of the disks together.

The complete solution is giving in the section A mirrored volume's status is Data Not Redundant from
    Troubleshooting Disk Management.

You may also refer the section A dynamic disk's status is Offline or Missing from the above article and try the troubleshooting steps.

If you are still facing any issues related to Mirroring, then I suggest you to post your query in
    IT Pro TechNet forums, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hard Disk Mirroring.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    mirrored volume for file redundancy

See DaveM121's reply and let me add the following:

RAID 1 (mirroring) is *not* a backup solution. RAID 1 uses two or more drives, each a duplicate of the others, to provide redundancy, not backup. It's used in situations (almost always within corporations, not in homes) where any downtime
    can't be tolerated, because the way it works is that if one drive fails the other takes over seamlessly.

See https://www.howtogeek.com/346907/backups-vs.-redundancy-what%e2%80%99s-the-difference/

Although some people thing of RAID 1 as a backup technique, that is *not* what it is, since it's subject to simultaneous loss of the original and the mirror to many of the most common dangers threatening your data--severe
    power glitches, nearby lightning strikes, virus attacks, theft of the computer, etc. Most companies that use RAID 1 also have a strong external backup plan in place.

"Why RAID is (usually) a Terrible Idea"
    Why RAID is (usually) a Terrible Idea

Ken Blake, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Failed Redundancy on Mirrored drives

mirrored volume for file redundancy

I am trying to set up a mirrored volume for file redundancy. Can you use the computers hard drive plus a hard drive or do you need 2 extra hard drives. I have tried unsuccessfully to set up a mirrored drive with 1 extra hard drive. I have followed instructions
    but cannot get it to work. I would appreciate any assistance.

John& Bernard, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Failed Redundancy on Mirrored drives

1. Failed Redundancy on Mirrored drives - Similar Threads - Failed Redundancy Mirrored

2. Clone/mirror Main Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone/mirror Main Drive: I have two of the exact same m.2 intel ssd drives. I previously had them in a raid 1 configuration controlled by the motherboard. That raid controller failed and now I am trying to have windows manage the clone for me. I tried to use the disk management tool to create a...
  3. Failed to mirror or extend screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failed to mirror or extend screen: Hi,I have a problem, when I try to extend or duplicate the screen, I get the following error. I use the windows toolThanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-mirror-or-extend-screen/0a91af31-27b2-41cc-82e0-5f9718179d50
  4. Mirrored drives in Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirrored drives in Storage Spaces: If I create a Storage Space and create mirrored drives, does Storage Spaces alert me if one drive fails, or would Windows allow me to continue using the system blindly until both drives fail?...
  5. random disk mirror fail?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random disk mirror fail?: hi, ive had two hdds mirrored for about a year. yesterday i was doing something and randomly right clicked on the start button. ive use win10 since it was released and i just realized that gives you options to open all kinds somewhat hidden menus like the disk management...
  6. Mirror Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirror Hard Drive: I am trying to mirror my hard drive with an external hard drive. However the add mirror is greyed out. How can I get it ungreyed out. I have created a volume for the external hard drive that didn't work. I tried creating a pool that didn't work. Why is it greyed out....
  7. mirrored volume for file redundancy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mirrored volume for file redundancy: I am trying to set up a mirrored volume for file redundancy. Can you use the computers hard drive plus a hard drive or do you need 2 extra hard drives. I have tried unsuccessfully to set up a mirrored drive with 1 extra hard drive. I have followed instructions but cannot get...
  8. Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume?: Situation: Windows 10 1803 computer. OS drive is fine. Have two other very large disks ("3" and "4"), mirrored from within Windows. "4" has problem, taking it offline and losing its data (now shows up as "Missing"). Currently we're able to read data from disk #3. Disk...
  9. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive: I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the mirror did not stay synced as expected. I don't remember exactly what happened (it was back in May) but I thought I fixed the...
  10. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive: I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the mirror did not stay synced as expected. I don't remember exactly what happened (it was back in May) but I thought I fixed the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed redundancy mirror

2. what is failed redundancy

3. ssd failed redundancy

4. failed redundancy hard drives,
  5. windows 10 failed redundancy,
  6. failed redundancy drive