Windows 10: failed ssd c drive

Discus and support failed ssd c drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed a new video card and when I went to boot my system up I could not, ssd c drive had failed to boot. I tried a boot recovery disk, I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KellyMoll, Nov 30, 2019.

1. KellyMoll Win User

failed ssd c drive

I installed a new video card and when I went to boot my system up I could not, ssd c drive had failed to boot. I tried a boot recovery disk, I tried laying a new version of windows 10, nothing worked. Can I create a disk image from my failed ssd drive and how?

:)

KellyMoll, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Clintlgm Win User

Installing an SSD drive on my desktop to use as the C bootup drive

What are you talking about, I have Samsung 830 for 5 years and its still running great there is no issue with NTFS and SSD

To the OP all you have to do is use Macrium Reflect to clone your disk to your SSD you'll have to option to shrink your C partition before you start the actual clone check out this video
    it walks you through step by step

Clintlgm, Nov 30, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Nov 30, 2019
  4. BUG
    bug Win User

failed ssd c drive

Ssd upgrade

What do you mean "no good"? At which step did it fail?

Thema:

failed ssd c drive

1. failed ssd c drive - Similar Threads - failed ssd drive

2. SSD C drive is almost full.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD C drive is almost full.: I have bought an PC just a month ago and it has windows update today and my SSD C: drive is almost full. but also have HDD D: drive, which is empty.What to do?Thank You....
  3. SSD C drive is almost full.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD C drive is almost full.: I have bought an PC just a month ago and it has windows update today and my SSD C: drive is almost full. but also have HDD D: drive, which is empty.What to do?Thank You....
  4. extending C drive into an external SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extending C drive into an external SSD: Unable to extend my C drive into an external SSD drive. Have 3 external drives none worked.Related to this could not back my C drive to any of the 3 hard drives.Both o0tions did no work....
  5. extending C drive into an external SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    extending C drive into an external SSD: Unable to extend my C drive into an external SSD drive. Have 3 external drives none worked.Related to this could not back my C drive to any of the 3 hard drives.Both o0tions did no work....
  6. Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive: 21H1 Built 19043.1110 I have a Dell Inspiron 3580 that comes with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB Toshiba hard drive. After trying to install a duel boot with Win 10 Pro and Linux I see in Disk Management that Windows (C:) is on the 1 TB drive. I can only boot into Win 10 and every...
  7. Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive: 21H1 Built 19043.1110 I have a Dell Inspiron 3580 that comes with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB Toshiba hard drive. After trying to install a duel boot with Win 10 Pro and Linux I see in Disk Management that Windows (C:) is on the 1 TB drive. I can only boot into Win 10 and every...
  8. Upgrade C Drive 500GB SSD to 1 or 2TB SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade C Drive 500GB SSD to 1 or 2TB SSD?: If I take my pc into my local pc man and ask him to do the above, can he guarantee crossing over ALL the data on the current drive. There is so much on there I don't want to lose anything and I don't trust restore or suchlike as its never been good to me in the past. Looking...
  9. SSD Partition C Drive Safe ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD Partition C Drive Safe ?: Is it safe to partition C drive ? I have only C drive of 450 GB. I wish to partition it into 3 Drive leaving 150GB for C drive. If i do that will there be any problem ? submitted by /u/SolarisAZ [link] [comments]...
  10. SSD C drive is almost full.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD C drive is almost full.: I have bought an PC just a month ago and it has windows update today and my SSD C: drive is almost full. but also have HDD D: drive, which is empty. What to do? Thank You....