Windows 10: Failed start up on black blank screen

Discus and support Failed start up on black blank screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I restarted my Hp laptop 14 after it prompted me to after the update. Now my laptop is stuck on a black blank screen. What do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BOSSLADY.357, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Failed start up on black blank screen

I restarted my Hp laptop 14 after it prompted me to after the update. Now my laptop is stuck on a black blank screen. What do I do?

:)

BOSSLADY.357, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Failed start up on black blank screen

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Failed start up on black blank screen

1. Failed start up on black blank screen - Similar Threads - Failed start black

2. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen on start up: When I start my PC I am able to get all the fans spinning and all my USB devices have power. However my PC does not deliver any output to my monitor and Windows does not start at all. When this first started happening I tried restarting my PC 3 times in order to get into...
  3. Black Screen at Start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen at Start-up: On my Windows 7 box, I get to the initial Ctrl + Alt + Del to login and then the screen goes black. My cursor works, and additonal Ctrl + Alt + Del flashes the normal screen for a fraction of a second, but no user name visible or Password box. Windows Logo, + Ctrl + Shift + B...
  4. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on start up: Whan I uninstall Classic shell I got a black screen after start up. I'm having a zoom meeting in the next hour so any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-start-up/73de31c1-9737-45c3-9c91-e44c186716a4
  5. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen on start up: Whan I uninstall Classic shell I got a black screen after start up. I'm having a zoom meeting in the next hour so any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-start-up/73de31c1-9737-45c3-9c91-e44c186716a4
  6. Black Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen on Start Up: As I was booting my laptop up from a Windows update, I encountered a black screen with a cursor. From researching this, I gather this is a pretty common issue with the standard fix being using the task manager to restart the pc. The only issue I’ve been having with that is...
  7. black screen on start up

black screen on start up: This morning when I booted up my Windows 10 PC I got a black screen. There is a cursor on the screen and when I move the mouse the cursor moves. I can access bios and in bios it is evident the keyboard is connected. However, I cannot access any windows function. I...
  8. start up blank screen problem.

start up blank screen problem.: After running my laptop, the BIOS setup loaded. But the windows operating system(windows 10 home) not boot. after, i turn off my laptop with long press power button.but, if i second time press the power button, booting normally.please help me about this problem?...
  9. Screen goes blank/black after start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes blank/black after start up: Upon start up of my PC (Windows 10) it loads up then the screen goes blank, like its in sleep mode, no mouse nothing, if I turn the monitor on and off, the screen appears for a second or two then disappears again. I tried restarting in safe to check drivers but it does...
  10. Blank Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screen on Start Up: When I switch on my laptop, appears to start up, brand name appears, then screen goes blank. Stays that way, nothing else happens. Screen is not black, a sort of faded blue. Model is an ASUS F552E. Anyone else have this problem or a fix ? Thanks 33754