Windows 10: Failed system refresh causes laptop to constantly restart

Discus and support Failed system refresh causes laptop to constantly restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey people! I tried to reset my laptop. In the process of resetting it shut down due to overheating. When I turn it back on, the logo appears but no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shinghan, Dec 12, 2015.

1. shinghan Win User

Failed system refresh causes laptop to constantly restart

Hey people! I tried to reset my laptop. In the process of resetting it shut down due to overheating. When I turn it back on, the logo appears but no loading bar shows up. It hangs there for a few seconds and then it restarts and keeps cycling over like that. I tried to do a hard reset by taking out the battery and plug, then holding the power button for 30 seconds. I tried doing a system restore. I also tried removing the ram to see if that would work but no luck. Anyone have any ideasÉ

Here’s my specs:
    – 2.50GHz 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3210M Memory
    – 8GB DDR3 SDRAM (2 DIMM) Video Graphics
    – NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M switchable graphics with 2048MB DDR3 and up to 1696MB total graphics memory
    - Hard Drive – 750GB

:)

shinghan, Dec 12, 2015
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Dec 12, 2015
  3. windows exxplorer problem

Recently I updated my system. It has latest windows 10 updates. After the update , my windows explorer is constantly refreshing. My laptop is getting heated and has become slow. What is the fix to this problem?

SyamEappan, Dec 12, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

If this system was activated with 10 I would suggest doing a clean installation

sn00ker, Dec 12, 2015
  5. shinghan Win User
    The problem is I can't even get into the system to do anything.

shinghan, Dec 12, 2015
  6. sn00ker Win User
    Was this system activated with Windows 10 ?

sn00ker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Failed system refresh causes laptop to constantly restart - Similar Threads - Failed system refresh

2. Windows explorer won't open, constantly causes screen to refresh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer won't open, constantly causes screen to refresh: Through a lot of troubleshooting I was actually able to figure out what is causing this issue, and it seems to be my user account. Safe Mode had no effect on the issue but when I created a new user it seemed to resolve the issue. How would I actually go about trying to fix...
  3. Windows explorer won't open, constantly causes screen to refresh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer won't open, constantly causes screen to refresh: Through a lot of troubleshooting I was actually able to figure out what is causing this issue, and it seems to be my user account. Safe Mode had no effect on the issue but when I created a new user it seemed to resolve the issue. How would I actually go about trying to fix...
  4. do redistributibles cause systems to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do redistributibles cause systems to restart: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Microsoft Visual C++ 2022 X64 Minimum Runtime - 14.30.30708. Product Version: 14.30.30708. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Installation success or error status: 0.I was installing a game and...
  5. Laptop constantly restarting at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop constantly restarting at startup: Laptop keeps restarting constantly. After a few times it starts preparing auto repair and diagnosing but still force restarts during the process. Going into troubleshooting is possible but still restarts after a few seconds. Is there any way to bypass the PC from loading the...
  6. Laptop Keeps Restart/Refreshing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Keeps Restart/Refreshing: Hello! I have a reg model P83G Dell Laptop. My device was working properly until the AC adapter prompted that the correct wattage couldnt be determined. This happened for a couple weeks until I noticed my critical problem that I have today. When I log in my home screen...
  7. Desktop constantly refreshing

Desktop constantly refreshing: My Windows 10 computer refreshes every 15 or so seconds. When I try to open my Control Panel or File Explorer, they close during every refresh, so every solution involving the two are completely impossible. My computer has been doing this for a few days and I've done...
  8. Windows constantly refreshing

Windows constantly refreshing: My Windows 10 computer refreshes every 15 or so seconds. When I try to open my Control Panel or File Explorer, they close during every refresh, so every solution involving the two are completely impossible. My computer has been doing this for a few days and I've done...
  9. BugCheck causing system to restart / fail.

BugCheck causing system to restart / fail.: For a few weeks now I've been trying to troubleshoot my new system and this one error is restarting my PC at random times. What does this mean? How can I fix it? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Desktop constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop constantly refreshing: Hi I have win 10 and my laptop is Lenovo ideapad Y700 and it's 2 months since I've bought it. 2 weeks ago after a windows update my desktop kept refreshing every 2 seconds. A system restore have fixed the problem several times, but today the system restore fails and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed update causes restart on shutdown