Windows 10: Failed system restore due to lack of storage but windows wont free up the storage used...

Discus and support Failed system restore due to lack of storage but windows wont free up the storage used... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I tried a system restore with over 140GB free on my ssd. After a while I got the message the system restore failed because there wasnt enough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RnB010, Dec 14, 2020.

1. RnB010 Win User

Failed system restore due to lack of storage but windows wont free up the storage used...

So I tried a system restore with over 140GB free on my ssd. After a while I got the message the system restore failed because there wasnt enough storage space left. I checked and a new folder named Windows.old which was about 138GB large appeared on my drive. I tried looking up ways to delete it but no found method worked. Now that folder has disappeared but the free space hasnt changed so something is still hogging up almost 140GB of my storage. Id really hate to wipe everything and start from scratch again so if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

RnB010, Dec 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 update fails due to lack of storage when there is 29.7 gb of removable storage available

• windows 10 version 18.3 fails with lack of available storage message when there is 29.7 GB of removable storage available

DavidPinzka, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Won't Update Due to Lack of Storage

Trying to update Windows 10 security updates but continue to receive message that to delete temporary files to free up 8 gb of data by following the link provided. My device came with 28.5 gb of storage. of which 21.4 gb reserved for system and reserved
    and 7.1 gb .that cannot be deleted. I tried connecting a brand new 1 tb external drive but my system as directed without success. It seems like my Dell did not include enough storage to allow for these updates. Any suggestions? Thx

rocklinrockin, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Failed system restore due to lack of storage but windows wont free up the storage used...

other people in windows 10 settings/system/storage

It has nothing to do with a computer reset. It is only a refresh to see if the storage space displayed is accurate or up-to-date. In order for you to go to that page, please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + I and select System.
    • Under Storage, click This PC.
    • From there, you can see the option to refresh your storage allocation.

Let us know the status of the issue once the method has been done.

Dennis Mop, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Failed system restore due to lack of storage but windows wont free up the storage used...

1. Failed system restore due to lack of storage but windows wont free up the storage used... - Similar Threads - Failed system restore

2. My storage wont free up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My storage wont free up: When I delete a big file on my c drive my storage doesn't free upI checked how much the space free was leftAnd it was still the same number and won't go up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-storage-wont-free-up/bbe241f9-d43e-4f5a-9928-9cb1ad0e3d94
  3. My storage wont free up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My storage wont free up: When I delete a big file on my c drive my storage doesn't free upI checked how much the space free was leftAnd it was still the same number and won't go up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-storage-wont-free-up/bbe241f9-d43e-4f5a-9928-9cb1ad0e3d94
  4. My storage wont free up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Free up storage space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free up storage space: Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place, but I just wasn't sure where else to put this. My laptop has barely any storage space left, and that's because 174 gigabytes of it are being used by apps. The problem is, I don't have many apps with large sizes, I just have tons of apps...
  6. Windows 10 Won't Update Due to Lack of Storage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Won't Update Due to Lack of Storage: Trying to update Windows 10 security updates but continue to receive message that to delete temporary files to free up 8 gb of data by following the link provided. My device came with 28.5 gb of storage. of which 21.4 gb reserved for system and reserved and 7.1 gb .that...
  7. Windows 10 update fails due to lack of storage when there is 29.7 gb of removable storage...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update fails due to lack of storage when there is 29.7 gb of removable storage...: windows 10 version 18.3 fails with lack of available storage message when there is 29.7 GB of removable storage available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-fails-due-to-lack-of-storage/a75bb76d-7fb0-466c-8943-de5fa5eb8958
  8. freeing up storage for laptop

freeing up storage for laptop: I need to free up storage for windows 10 updates. which older updates can I uninstall safely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freeing-up-storage-for-laptop/7a0e8fbd-4b9e-4a14-95c3-193777244ce9"
  9. freeing up internal storage

freeing up internal storage: How can I transfer apps over to a sd card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freeing-up-internal-storage/3f0d67ed-225b-45e4-89f7-313b2c45d149"
  10. Free up storage space does not reduce the storage used for photos application.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free up storage space does not reduce the storage used for photos application.: I've selected free up storage space for all of my files on the One Drive application but have run out of room on my SSD as a result of photos stored in the photos application. I appreciate advice on how to minimize the storage size required on my SSD for the Microsoft...