Windows 10: Failed to bind/listen to port 554or many others

Discus and support Failed to bind/listen to port 554or many others in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have two windows 10 pc a desktop and a laptop connected directly with ethernet no router/network switch involved, From my laptop I am trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sani1486, Dec 27, 2019.

1. sani1486 Win User

Failed to bind/listen to port 554or many others

Hello
    I have two windows 10 pc a desktop and a laptop connected directly with ethernet no router/network switch involved, From my laptop I am trying to stream a video through RTSP using a GStreamer pipeline or FFmpeg and play it on the VLC of the other connected desktop, I am trying to use the port number 554, because that's normally used for RTSP protocol, when I run the GStreamer pipeline it gives me an error

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it".

here the target machine is the same machine. I looked in the web there are people suggested that maybe I should turn off windows firewall, and windows defender, However, this two were already turned off, I checked using netstat to see if anyone using 554 port, I found it's not being used. I tried Portquery to check if the port is listening, it was not, and in fact, many other ports are actually blocked, which are not being used.

I tried using administrator privilege still failed

I would like to know why can I not open the port, or what should I do to make it happen?

Funny/weird part is on my desktop this doesn't happen, I can stream the RTSP video through 554, or any other unused port i want to bind, i tried some other laptops using Windows 10, and those can't open the ports too.
    I am stuck with these for 3 days searching

Please help me

Regards

:)

sani1486, Dec 27, 2019

2. RDP port 3389 stopped listening.

RDP port 3389 just stopped listening after some of the updates, netstat -an command doesn't list it.
    Remote Desktop Service is displayed as Running, but Event Viewer has following error:

Remote Desktop Service start failed. The relevant status code was 0x80070721.

Gwynbleidd, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Port listener works localhost and 127.0.0.1 but not IP

How can I fix the port listener to allow any internal computer to access? Windows 2008 R2 got hit by malware script. It removed File Sharing service "Server". I telnet 135, 149, 445 on server locally (name or localhost) and it connected. If I try telnet
    from any workstation to server IP - Connect failed. I tried UNC path \\192.168.1.2 on same server machine it can't connect or see shared folders. I tried UNC path \\127.0.0.1 on server and it can see shared folders

It look like the actual IP may be re-direct somewhere??

I did netstat

TCP 0.0.0.0:445 SERVER:0 LISTENING 4

TCP [::]:445 SERVER:0 LISTENING 4

TCP 169.254.228.134:139 SERVER:0 LISTENING 4

TCP 192.168.1.2:139 SERVER:0 LISTENING 4

TCP 0.0.0.0:135 SERVER:0 LISTENING 920

TCP [::]:135 SERVER:0 LISTENING 920

TCP 0.0.0.0:5900 SERVER:0 LISTENING 4236

TCP 0.0.0.0:3389 SERVER:0 LISTENING 4296

TCP [::]:3389 SERVER:0 LISTENING 4296

TCP 0.0.0.0:5080 SERVER:0 LISTENING 2088

TCP [::]:5080 SERVER:0 LISTENING 2088

Ports that are not able to connect from any workstation but can on localhost

PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION

135/tcp filtered msrpc

139/tcp filtered netbios-ssn

445/tcp filtered microsoft-ds

Able to connect from any workstation and localhost

5080 for web service

5800 for VNC service

Ping the IP/name

Access internet

I did

• sfc /scannow - no issue
    • Re-create Server service registry
    • Matched GUID of NIC on all linkages (Bind, Export, Route)
    • Disabled/Enabled File and Printer Sharing For Microsoft in LAN Properties
    • Disabled Windows Firewall with Advanced
    • No 3rd party firewall program
    • Re-installed IPv4 driver
    • Reset Winsock and Winsock2
    • Windows Updates to current
    • Added 2nd NIC and still no go
    • Changed IP static/DHCP - nothing
    • RDP service is running
    • Verified SMBv1 and SMBv2 running together

I installed WireShark and trace and seem it say KRB5KRB_AP_ERR_SKEW and Setup Response, Error: STATUS_MORE_PROCESSING_REQUEST then Setup Response, Error: STATUS_REQUEST_NOT_ACCEPTED

I am not sure what that mean?

BrandonAVC, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Failed to bind/listen to port 554or many others

usb port reset fail

Hi Laura,

We would like to know more information regarding the "usb port reset fail" error that you are getting. To verify whether this issue is being caused by the port or the external device, we would like to gather more information:

• What external device are you trying to connect to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the external device to another port or different computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different external device to the port?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Failed to bind/listen to port 554or many others

1. Failed to bind/listen to port 554or many others - Similar Threads - Failed bind listen

2. Configure winrm on multiple port listeners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure winrm on multiple port listeners: Configure winrm on multiple port listeners https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/configure-winrm-on-multiple-port-listeners/3083ad09-5c46-44b1-96c3-109f5ec709cd
  3. Configure winrm on multiple port listeners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configure winrm on multiple port listeners: Configure winrm on multiple port listeners https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/configure-winrm-on-multiple-port-listeners/3083ad09-5c46-44b1-96c3-109f5ec709cd
  4. Cannot change Key bindings on many new games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot change Key bindings on many new games: Hi Recently wahtever game I install most of them ahve the option to cahange they keys, but everytime I change them, they wont take effect. I restart the game, sometimes I see the new keys which I change are shown there but no effect. Other times they just reset back to...
  5. Ethernet port bind failed: Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet port bind failed: Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFF: So, I am new to Windows, Windows 10, and Hyper-V. The goal is to enable internet connectivity for the newly created Linux VM, using RedHat version 9. Once I start the machine, and I want to test the internet connectivity, and attempt a "ping" ping 1.1.1.1 The response...
  6. pci scan failing. too many ports open or host not detected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pci scan failing. too many ports open or host not detected: my pci vulnerability scan keeps failing. either its too many ports open or host not detected. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pci-scan-failing-too-many-ports-open-or-host-not/aeccaa0b-94a7-405c-8818-da51817ffb46
  7. Remote Desktop not working - Not listening to port 3389

Remote Desktop not working - Not listening to port 3389: I have a PC that is a host to our database. It has Windows 10 Pro on it. I am attempting to use Remote Desktop RD. I have disabled firewall and configured router for port 3389. When I use a port checker, it times out. Appears that the PC is not listening to the port. I...
  8. Bind server to port on a private network connection (no router)

Bind server to port on a private network connection (no router): Hi! I have a wired Ethernet connection between a PC and a Mac (is that the issue?), and when locally hosted servers (on PC) are hosted, I get issues, but mainly issues binding to ports. Is the issue that I am not using a router or something like that? 47561
  9. RDP port 3389 stopped listening.

RDP port 3389 stopped listening.: RDP port 3389 just stopped listening after some of the updates, netstat -an command doesn't list it. Remote Desktop Service is displayed as Running, but Event Viewer has following error: Remote Desktop Service start failed. The relevant status code was 0x80070721. 43603
  10. http binds to port 80 in Win 10, and cannot be disabled

http binds to port 80 in Win 10, and cannot be disabled: Having upgraded to Win 10, I was pleasantly surprised at how well everything went, until I tried to start my Apache web server. Even though IIS is not installed, there is a http daemon running, that is (a) bound to port 80, and (b) doesn't appear in the services panel. So I...