Windows 10: Failed to boot into safe mode and USB

Discus and support Failed to boot into safe mode and USB in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I haven't used my laptop in a few months. I booted it up today and got SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (It did not hit the login screen). System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ruisen2000, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Failed to boot into safe mode and USB

Hello,

I haven't used my laptop in a few months.

I booted it up today and got SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (It did not hit the login screen).

System Restore, Startup Repair and Go back to previous version all encountered an error and failed.

sfc /scannow ended with "operation was unable to complete".

Tried to boot to safe mode with networking, and got Critical process Died.

Also tried going to BIOS to boot from USB, and again got Critical process Died.

Does anyone know what to do in this case?

Thanks

:)

Ruisen2000, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Frighty Win User

Black Screen /w mouse on startup - safe mode boot, repair and reset fails

Hi all!

Since yesterday, my up-to-date Windows 10 PC boots to a black screen. Hoewever, I can

• move the mouse
    • use some shortcut functions, e.g. open monitor options by pressing Win+p or open speech input by pressing Win+Enter.

What I tried:

• Rebooting after unplugging all USB devices -> same behaviour
    • safe mode -> same behaviour
    • low resolution mode -> same behaviour
    • system repair (via advanced boot menu) -> it fails with an error
    • system reset (retaining data) -> it fails with an error
    • system restore -> cannot find any recovery points (though I do not believe there are none)
    • booting with a usb flash device set up with the boot media creation tool -> does not find the windows installation

Seems to me like I am pretty up a gum tree here. However, any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Frighty, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Failed to boot into safe mode and USB

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Failed to boot into safe mode and USB

1. Failed to boot into safe mode and USB - Similar Threads - Failed boot safe

2. Boot in Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot in Safe mode: I got stuck in safe mode , when i tried to choose any option from troubleshoot it ask me for the password and i am entering the right password it is not accepting my password and its not booting my laptop with network mode , i have done couple of things thatis already on...
  3. Login failed in Safe Mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login failed in Safe Mode: I could not login in to Windows 10 safe mode using the same pin I used to successfully login Windows 10 normal mode. I want to enter safe mode to remove bluetooth security tag which has popped up recently. What is the problem?...
  4. Cannot boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot into safe mode: Hello. When I turn my computer on, it tells me it has run into a problem and needs to restart. It gives me this error code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO it then restarts and attempts to self-repair and invariably fails. I have tried all methods of booting into safe mode available...
  5. Safe Mode fails and unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe Mode fails and unable to boot.: While trying to install a new graphics card driver I selected via msconfig to reboot in safe mode. However upon rebooting came up with error : SYSTEM THREAD EXEMPTION NOT HANDLED - mssecflt.sys. Needless to say I used most of the advanced options and still no joy, meaning no...
  6. Windows fails to boot unless in safe mode

Windows fails to boot unless in safe mode: If I try to boot windows out of safe mode when I run something or after some time windows will crash and both my monitors will go black. When I boot in safe mode I do not get this issue. I have tried multiple things to fix this but all have resulted in failure....
  7. Windows fails to complete boot, always drops into Safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows fails to complete boot, always drops into Safe mode: Hello there, Beware that I am a novice. My computer is a little old and occassionally dodgy but it`s been having some serious "stuck in safe mode problems". It worked fine in Windows 10 but when it updated (from 1709 I think) it only booted to safe mode. Nothing I could...
  8. Windows 10 Fails Regular Boot, Safe Mode boot OK

Windows 10 Fails Regular Boot, Safe Mode boot OK: Hi, I have a desktop Windows 10 x64 machine that's been working fine for months/years. It was automatically updated from Win7 last year. This morning I replaced the 2x4GB DDR3 memory with 2x8GB DDR3. This seemed to work though for some reason it works at 800MHz instead...
  9. Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode: In MSconfig I set windows to boot into safe mode, now it will not boot at all. Previously it booted into normal mode. I used a Windows recovery disc from which the only option that works is the command prompt. From the cmd prompt I can see all of C: drive and also run...
  10. Boot to safe mode from USB or bat for win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot to safe mode from USB or bat for win10?: Win10 dose not seem to us F8 anymore dunno if it ever did and I hesitate to do a few hard reboots in a row at restart to get it to come up, so how in the heck do you get into safemode? 73735